What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today is OK, still a bit windy but we've had lots of sun plus a few showers and a hail storm thrown in. I'd say all seasons in one day, :D
It was bad yesterday with Freya throwing her weight around, talk about wild. :scream: March certainly came in like a Lion so let's hope she goes out like a lamb. :eyeroll:

I'm OK with regards to having a mouse on standby, my normal plug in mouse is handy if it's needed and the 2 pen ones are nearby and I'd only have to slip the battery back in and they're ready to go, although this re-chargeable one can still be used while you have it plugged in charging so backup probably wouldn't be needed. :D

Yeah, the wind here is battering at the minute, and the rain is intermittent, so we're not quite sure what it's doing today! 🤔

We've created more of a mess in the bathroom and lifted some tiles and knocked through the wall to see what is on the other side so we can sort out what shower size we can have. At the moment we have a LONG list of items that we have to work through, but the plan keeps changing because what we wanted and what will work in the space is two different things so currently, we are adapting the plan.

John wanted to take me to another tile place, but I've said no because it took us ages to agree on the tiles we do have, and I don't want to throw anymore into the mix just in case. 😂

Ha ha, yeah the bathroom is starting to look like that the more we break stuff, but we haven't come across a switch that we don't know what to do with yet.... but give it time! 😂

We had snow today, the wind is howling, and it's chicken for tea!

It's also Mario day today! 🙂

Yes we've got that howling wind, we did lose power but it was during the night so wasn't such an issue, just meant I had a few clocks to reset this morning. :D

Oh dear me last night was awful, we had battering hail on the windows and Han got woken up at 4 am bless her! It seems to have calmed down, but last night it was white outside.

Today it's back in the office; I was busy accounting last week, so I've just put the shopping away, got a few washes going and then I'll sit down and start ploughing through all my stuff me thinks. I get to try out my new glasses too, I have a stronger prescription now, but I think my eyes are trying to adjust to them. 🤓

@A Guy, We also watched the switch episode of Friends last night too. 🙂

Well today I've finally visited my daughter, she's been in her house for 3 years and complained I'd not been to see it, well today because I had a doctors appointment and we got diverted because of trees down across the road we had to come past her place so I said we'd call in and see her.

Picked up my carpet cleaner and met her cat and bearded dragon, I already knew the dog. :D

@Joan I saw your pic on fb, you are tall, aren't you! (We always get the sat down pics of you!) 😂

Ooh look at you getting out and about Mrs, maybe trees down are good for you as you get to go on an adventure. I'm sure Kelly was really pleased to see you.

No trees down here but the rain hasn't stopped either and John tells me it's like this off an on all week. @A Guy I'm packing a bag and coming to stay with you. ☀☀☀☀☀☀

I'd also like to say a very Happy 30th Birthday to the Worldwide Web!

Last edited:
I think it must be the angle of the photo because these days I'm barely 5'4" whereas all my adult life I was nearer 5'9. :) Problem is I've still got the long legs just the body that's shrunk. 😄

She was surprised, that's why she took the photo to prove I had been. 😄

Well our weather today is a mixture, grey and not nice this morning with sudden cloudbursts then the sun started to come out, just looked out the window and the suns out and there's a downpour going on as well. Trouble is the wind is started to build up again as well, Storm Gareth coming in. 😟

Wow! 30 years, Happy Birthday WWW. 🎂

Last edited:
From the picture, I saw you do look tall, however, like I said all the pics we get of you are at chair height so anything taller than that and you're a giant anyway! 😂

If you saw me sitting at a table you'd realise the difference, I have to sit on a special piece of foam I had to buy to make me high enough to eat on a level with a normal person, it's a good job I don't go out to eat. :D

If you saw me sitting at a table you'd realise the difference; I have to sit on a special piece of foam I had to buy to make me high enough to eat on a level with a normal person, it's a good job I don't go out to eat. :D

So what you're saying is you have your own kind of high chair with cushions built in. 😁 @A Guy totally agree Bill, normal would never be a word we would describe Joan with, not with her shenanigans anyway. 😂

It's howling here today, luckily the garden furniture that we got out for that super warm day in February is still in place, but I'm having visions of it taking off with the speed these winds are picking up. John promises me that we'll move it, but then he says it's cold and doesn't end up going out. 😂

Angie tell him he's chicken.😂

Yes Angie my own high chair, oh! and what's normal. 🤣

The suns shining here today but the wind isn't quite as bad, which is a good job it gets quite annoying having to keep picking up the plants that have blown over and some of my solar lights. 😒

Ha ha, 😂 he's still not moved it, I asked him again yesterday, but he says it's okay even though the wind is still howling outside. 🤨 So much so I wouldn't put the bin out last night for emptying because I'm scared it's going to take off!
You could start a trend Joan with your own brand of high chairs. 🙂

We also have one solar candlelight outside that keeps moving around the table; the others are pushed into the soil, so they don't move. If I were you, I'd leave them until all the wind dies down otherwise you'll be up and down keep trying to sort them out.

I've been reviewing stuff today; I haven't done one in a while so I've done one here and a few on Amazon.

I don't have many that push into the soil, it's mainly the Meercats that get blown over because they just stand there and aren't really heavy enough. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back