What's new

Today...what have you been up to? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! I shall get John on the case. I absolutely adore the purple one especially the ladybird buttons they are so cute, you're extremely talented Joan. :thumbs:
Thanks Angie, those buttons are cute the others are bees, they are on the Saffron coloured cardigan. I have 3 ladybird and 2 bee buttons left so I'm going to use them on the purple cardigan I've just cast on.

Let me know if I need to do the photos again.:wink:

Yeah sorry Joan for some reason they have not attached properly so you will have to post them again, oooh bees these cardies are getting far too cute. They are very intricate too. The ones I saw as a kid were quite simple not as elaborate as yours. :D

Busy busy week this week, final workshop, a delivery that didn't appear and accounts deadlines sorted. Thank Crunchie it is Friday, we have just finished watching The Santa Clause movie as I promised Han that tonight we would get into Christmas mode. I think I will put the tree up this weekend too although we are not sure on where to put it yet. :D

OK lets try again.
WP_20141203_13_32_47_Smart.jpgWP_20140708_002.jpgWP_20140520_003.jpgWP_20140614_001.jpg

This is a teddy I did for Caia, plus the shawl I knitted for her.

WP_20140514_003.jpgWP_20140418_005.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Joan they are fabulous, you are such a clever lady, the teddy is fantastic, blimey it's a good job you're not my mum I'd be having you make stuff all the time. A woman of quite obvious talent and a lovely way of keeping the baby warm too. If I'd have had another one I'd have sent you a long list of requirements. :wink:

Those are the bees knees :) And a very cute Teddy :thumbs:

A Guy
Thanks Bill, they are cute I got them as a freebie on one of my knitting magazines. The teddy came with a magazine as well, you got the pattern and enough yarn to knit him. I don't usually do any of the freebie kits I get but I thought he was cute and Caia was due. :)

Oh Joan they are fabulous, you are such a clever lady, the teddy is fantastic, blimey it's a good job you're not my mum I'd be having you make stuff all the time. A woman of quite obvious talent and a lovely way of keeping the baby warm too. If I'd have had another one I'd have sent you a long list of requirements. :wink:
Thanks Angie, I would have enjoyed having a list of baby things to do. I can't just sit and not have something in my hands, so if I'm not on the computer I'll be doing knitting or crochet as I can't do cross stitch anymore.

I've just got a library card and the van comes right to my door. I can now get books brought to me every 4 weeks as well as magazines via my Zinio membership on the computer plus I've just discovered I can get audio e-books. I'm set, sitting there at night after finishing in the forums with my earphones plugged into my Kindle Fire listening to Lynda Bellingham while knitting the next cardigan for Caia. :D

OK got to dash and get the oven sorted out for Sunday dinner but I'll be back later. :wink:

Did I show you the reindeer jumpers I knit for Kelly and Peter, I did them one each both the same,they love Christmas. I did them all stockings as well.
WP_20131028_001.jpgWP_20140109_003.jpgWP_20140920_21_54_19_Smart.jpgWP_20131008_002.jpg

It's good to stay busy and also that you have the Library on tap. I thought you had a kindle too but I have never thought about the audio book, that's brill that you're multitasking, chilling, doing the knitting and crochet whilst immersed in a book. Never really thought about doing that. Do you like the audio books? I'm not sure whether I could listen to someone or not, probably because I get interrupted every five mins here! :unsure: LOL!

Joan I love all the goodies but I WANT that REINDEER Jumper, I know you can't because you have a long list of demands from your nearest and dearest but that is FAB!

With all your creativity going on I think I better pull my finger out and get doing some myself. :wink:

Your reaction was just the same as Peters when he saw the pattern for those reindeers. I had this book with Christmas patterns in it, those jumpers, the stockings, an advent calendar etc. he saw them and that was it he provided the money to buy the yarn to make the jumpers and stockings, 2 jumpers for him and Kelly and 3 stockings, 1 each for the boys and 1 for Kelly, this was for last Christmas.

When he saw the stockings he wanted one, I didn't have enough wool left to do a patterned one so did the wide striped one for him. Move to this Christmas and we now have Caia and she needs a stocking, I had a bit of the wool left in the different colours but not enough, I did have some Aran which isn't quite as thick as chunky but thought it would do, enter the thin striped stocking for Caia.

They will get proper ones in their own colours but that will not be till next year, at least they all have Christmas Stockings this year. :D

I love them Joan, I would have you making stuff every year, you've got my creative juices flowing so I made some Christmas Pudding Cake Pops today.

I want that Reindeer jumper, it's so COOL! Better than any I have seen in the shops. :D

Yes I saw those cake pops you'd done, they looked delicious. See, you have the talent in the baking side of things your creations are fantastic. :D

OK I've had my instructions today that they want another jumper each and the proper Christmas Stockings for Peter and Caia. I've to price up the yarn and Peter will pay for it. Going to see if they want a Christmas Pudding one as I have a pattern for one of those, or they may want a Snowman.
I'll find out tomorrow which one to do. :wink:

Ordered the yarn today for the sweaters, they're having the Christmas Puddings one first then they will have the snowman ones.
Only ordered the yarn for the pudding sweaters and the stockings today haven't priced up the snowman yet. :wink:

I'm very jealous, I want to see these ones Joan too, I know I am a little creative on the cake side. It's great fun to do and I love teaching Han. Have you taught Kelly how to knit or is she quite happy for you to do it?

Busy busy bee this week and last, trying to get all the work stuff done and then been to see Han's play at school. We also went to see Shrek the Musical and the Snow White Pantomime.....oh yes we did. Still lots to do before Christmas then I can hopefully play catch up and add some stuff to the site. :D

I'm currently laughing at the moment as Hannah is arguing with Siri, lol! She's making me giggle.

Kelly just doesn't want to know, I've tried on the sewing, cross-stitch, knitting etc. but they just aren't her kind of thing. She did like doing card making but that has gone by the board now with arrival of children, she doesn't have the time now.
I will post photos of the jumpers when done, not sure when that will be. This is a picture of the pudding one I'm doing first but the jumper will be done in purple.
WP_20141212_20_54_12_Smart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back