What's new

Today...what have you been up to? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do Joan, i am looking forward to my workshop on Monday though. I thoroughly enjoy teaching and it will be nice to catch up with the ladies as we haven't been together for a while. Got to do final prep tomorrow and then bake lots of cupcakes on Monday. And email some to Bill

:thumbs:

A Guy
 
At present I've come for a sit down after leaving things prepared ready to cook Sunday dinner. Saucepans on the cooker ready, Yorkshire pudding mix in the fridge, strawberries hulled washed and dried and so just need to turn the oven on when it's time and set the coffee percolator ready for after dinner coffee. :)

Sunday is the only day of the week we have our main meal at lunchtime, well 2 o'clock, the rest of the week it's about 6.30pm. I don't cook Saturday though, if you want to eat you do it yourself. :p It's not so bad now though as it's only me and John. ;)
 
I'm having five mins too, having baked all the cupcakes for tonight's lesson and packing all the stuff we need I thought I would take five. Although my press is on because I also have to iron tomorrow's clothes for everybody too. :unsure:

I love Sunday dinner Joan it was my favourite although sometimes we have it mid week as Sunday's are a bit hectic.

Gotta go now, press sounds like it's steaming it's head off! :eek:
 
That's one thing I don't have to bother about. Don't have a press just a normal iron, I've used one before at one of the places I worked though.
Don't really have anything that needs ironing, especially when it's just come out of the tumble dryer, well only John's handkerchiefs and he told me not to bother with them. Can't stand to iron and even sitting is painful so my stuff is non iron. ;)
 
Ooh I love my press, had an iron for years and John's mum swore by hers, I eventually got one last year and it really is the best thing since sliced bread and does the job in half the time. :D Left to Han and John though they would go out in creased clothes. :rolleyes:

We had great fun on the Zoo Animals workshop last night and there were lots of pictures taken by Jackie and Jen who came to get the lo down on the class. I'm so looking forward to receiving those. :D

Today I'm am trying to work out a plan for Han's birthday cake although every time I have asked her about it she keeps going off on a tangent. We are currently at loggerheads and now I'm refusing to make her one! Lol! :shock: We are going tubing on Saturday so this was the theme of her cake except she now doesn't want a ski slope although she cannot tell me why! :cry:

I had a fab idea for her cake and should have just done it as a surprise as I do every year...I wonder if we manage to resolve the issue by the end of play today!

Here's hoping! :thumbs:
 
Her birthday is on Saturday, we are going snow tubing sledging and something else which I can't remember.

I'm having an exceptionally busy week this week, it was workshop Monday, I had to do all my accounts today for submission and then tomorrow and Friday I'm upto my neck in cake. We finally decided on a theme there's not a slope in sight and we have a drawing and approval so fingers crossed I can manage to finish it.

In between that I'm trying to do the washing and stay on top of the house keeping plus doing the school run, homework and other stuff!

Sheesh, I'll be meeting myself coming backwards! :what:
 
Wow! you are a busy bee. Kelly's boys have had their school photos done and one with Caia in. They aren't as good for Cameron this time as he's lost some teeth so looks a bit goofy in them, mind you he does tend to pull faces when he has his photo taken so not much different. :D
 
Aww that's lovely they are having a family photo Joan, I think the best ones are when they don't have teeth as they are funny when you look back on them. Han did the same and I have it pride of place in the living room. :D

As for me, crikey it has been an exhausting week, met myself coming backwards a few times and now thankful it is Friday.

I have finished Hans Cake today thankfully and now have to run round and tidy up the house waiting for all the family to descend tomorrow! I think I may just rest for 5 though and have a brew, I have earned it.

Finished fully booking my Christmas workshops too today so they are all sold out now. None stop but loving it all the same! Busy bee that's me!

How you feeling now Joan are you back to normal now? Hans been barking all week bless her.
 
I want to wish Hannah a Very Happy Birthday today with lots more to come. :grouphug::thumbs:
 
OK so what is different, I wanted to put the big Happy Birthday banner on the above post but it wouldn't work. I don't usually have problems on the other forums. I just pick the one I want and drag and drop, but this time it wouldn't work, I tried the other settings in the program but none of them worked. :confused:

Angie I'm getting there, not fully recovered yet but slowly things are clearing up, some days are better than others. :)
 
I'm sorry you couldn't put the Banner on Joan she would have liked that, she did like your messages though, here are pics from her celebrations.

Han Birthday Fun

We had a fabulous weekend and great fun with everybody. :D
 
Today seems to have whizzed by although I dont seem to have got much done, yesterday Han and I did the toppers for the halloween cupcakes, we are going to re do them in green at the weekend. We did them in orange and we're not getting the effect we want yet so I think another attempt and not before bedtime may do the trick. I'm also interested in doing a piñata cake too so I managed to get all the goodies today so I can have a go at one of those maybe at the weekend as well.

Han is super excited today as she has started Brownies tonight and is looking forward to all the fun games and activities they have planned. I couldn't get in Brownies as a kid so she's one up on me although she does think that she has to have the uniform by week 2. Er I don't think so missy. Lets see if you like it first. :D
 
Kelly was in the Brownies, I never was either so you're not on your own Angie. Hope she enjoys her time with them. ;)
 
I'm thinking maybe yellow isn't Bill's :p colour although in my day it was full on brown dresses. Now it's brown tracksuit bottoms and a yellow t-shirt and a cap I think too.

Today seems to be another day that has whizzed by although we have created Han's Cupcake for the competition tomorrow, this being a cupcake on paper not one you can eat might I add. We'll be doing the baking over the weekend, we're supposed to be doing the Halloween Cupcakes but if Han gets inspired we could end up making all sorts, she's like Ratatouille when she gets cake creativity going on. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top