What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are so selfish grrrr...

Kelly phoned me earlier to say they wouldn't be coming to see me on Tuesday, apparently where her hubby is the security at the gate at the holiday park they had a phone call from a family who were booked to arrive today. They said they weren't feeling well and didn't know if it was Covid, so they were told by the management not to come. They only went and turned up, anyway Peter wasn't really in contact that much as it was outside and not for very long, he took a test which came out negative and will take another in a couple of days which hopefully will be negative, but Kelly is not prepared to take the risk coming to see me just in case.

Trouble was as it's my birthday next Sunday she would have been bringing my present and cards, it's the first one without John, she's also got the appointment to have her second jab next Saturday so doesn't want anything to interfere with that. :angry:

Sorry to hear that Joan :( Some people...no, many people are so selfish. Makes me wonder what would happen in a war with the current generation..."It's my choice whether to have my lights on or not..."

A Guy

Well, I'll have company on Sunday, Connor, Kelly's youngest boy is going to come and spend the day with me.
She phoned me earlier to ask if I wanted him to come as she didn't want me to be on my own on my birthday, his Dad will drop him off first thing on his way to work and pick him when he finishes work. She did say he'll do any job if I wanted him to do any and he would bring some board games with him we can play if I want to, she'll send food with him for his lunch and he will have his dinner when he gets home.

We'll be able to pig out as she got me a birthday cake and he's bringing that with him. 😂

I'm looking forward to it, at least it means I won't be on my own brooding because it will be the first time without John here for my birthday and if Connor wasn't coming I might have gone into meltdown.

Thanks for the virtual hugs Bill. 😘

I had a nice surprise this morning, they all turned up for a short visit. Kelly, hubby, 3 kids and 1 puppy. Sooty my 18 year old cat didn't take the slightest bit of notice of the dog I don't know if he even noticed him because Kelly was carrying him, the puppy saw him and wanted to play. 😂

They couldn't stay long in case Peter was paged, it was a lovely surprise though and they bought my cards, present and cake.

Thanks Bill, I'm looking forward to Connor coming on Sunday and apparently he is very excited about coming as well, Kelly did say he was going to bring his Horrible History board game for us to play. I've never seen the program but it's supposed to be good, we'll see how much history I remember from school it was one of my better subjects. 😂

I know it seems as if there are people who want to abolish history, it's ridiculous. :angry:

I hope you have a lovely celebratory day today and enjoy the strawberries, cream and an abundance of cake!

Food Cake GIF

Hopefully, you'll get a much bigger slice than this! 🤣

Definitely bigger than that. 🤣

I've had a really lovely day, just had a Facetime call from my eldest son, my youngest son phoned me a few hours ago. Connor is rather a chatterbox though, so as much as I enjoyed his company it's nice to have the place to myself. 😂

Lol! Good stuff, you should always have a BIG slice of cake! 😁 I'm so glad you've had a busy, fun-filled day, though.

I can't believe we're in August already! There's so much to do, including getting Han's new uniforms which I'd forgotten about! But hey, we'll get there.

I know, the year has gone so fast, perhaps because of how busy I've been trying to keep myself the time has just passed me by. :dizzy:

Usually, I wouldn't agree with you, but seeing as I've been resting and watching copious amounts of TV for the past couple of weeks, I now need to get back up and running, which will mean lots of things to do. 🤣

I know I'm trying to pace myself, little and often, with a rest in between. I'm glad to get back on here, though! I've started to get back on with the review, so hopefully, that will be finished soon. 🤓

I'm sat at the kitchen table listening to the heavy rain hit every bit of the house. We've got a watering can outside, and the overflow of rainwater from the gutter is making a huge dripping noise straight onto the can.

John tells me we're back on the thunder later too! ⛈️

...Lol, and just like that, it's stopped! Maybe the Sun is off to find his hat! ☀️

Last edited:
We've had very windy days here, yesterday and today, rained just a little yesterday then brightened up a bit but today we've had quite a lot of sunshine with only a small smattering of rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back