What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing too much today I'm in too much pain.

Late Saturday afternoon I was trying to do paperwork so Willow thought it would be a good idea to try joining in and play about. Well I got a bit of a nip, wasn't even much to look at but Sunday morning my hand felt as if I'd been laying on it awkward but gradually got worse as the day went on and then was quite swollen.

After not much sleep phoned the doctor this morning for a home visit but had to wait for them to phone me back to find out if a home visit was necessary. After talking to the doctor he said I did need antibiotics and he would send a prescription over to the chemist. He then mentioned my Rabies shot and he's going to get the district nurse come out and give me that.

Aww, bless you, the only thing I've done today is argue over pancakes! 🤦‍♀️

I hope you manage to get sorted out; I didn't realise Cats could carry Rabies I thought that was just Dogs. Yikes! It's best to be on the safe side though so hopefully this time you'll get your shot at home with no travelling involved.

We're on half term at the minute; we haven't really got a plan, so I think we shall just wing it this week and see where it takes us.

I didn't know either but I think he was probably looking at my records and saw my last one was 1998, I think they tend to renew them every 10 years.
I just know I'm in a lot of pain and can't really use my right hand as it hurts too much and it's badly swollen.

Oh, right, okay, I never knew that I suppose it's a people with pets thing then.

Oh no, do you have to rest it then until it gets sorted?

No it's not just people with pets, anyone who comes in contact with animals but it's been more or less wiped out here but there's always a risk of people who go abroad coming in contact with animals and if that animal has rabies you are in danger of catching it.

I'm having to rest my hand but only because I can't use it I have antibiotics now, a 7 day supply so let's hope it starts to clear up and stops hurting soon.

:( sorry to hear that Joan

A Guy
Thanks Bill, hope the meds kick in soon as it's driving me mad not being able to use my hand properly. This is the second day so I'm hoping I'll start to see some improvement tomorrow, I can't stand pain. :crys:

Put an ice pack on it joan.

Today I at first thought my daughter was being a smart a** when she got my ole rolling walker
(has a seat on it) out for me. Trying to make it to the kitchen assured me she was just smart. :)
had to sit down twice onthe way but managed to make some tea and scarff down a couple
of donuts.

1 more tablet to take today but it's not quite as painful and the swelling is slightly down then I have 2 more days of antibiotics to go, I've tried the cold pack a few times but it's not made that much difference as it's infected and not just a strain or knock.
Oh well carry on regardless, I'm a tough old bird, well I keep telling myself that when I try to use it. 😂

Aww, you're getting there and ploughing ahead so well done you and @thomaseg1. I'm glad you're both on the mend and pushing through the pain to get better. 😁

Bill's right we're positively sprightly compared to you two, although my speed of walking around the green is getting slower currently so I may have to hold off on that statement. 🤣

I've been playing about in the kitchen over the past week and making lots of different things, first, it was the smashable hearts, then chocolate decorations and now cakesicles.

I have all the pictures, but I'm currently spending that much time making stuff the write-up is on a slight back burner.

Han's enjoying the fruits of my labour though, she's been promoted to chief taste tester now. 😋

Oh, she'll definitely enjoy that roll, who wouldn't you've only got to look at your creations to know they are going to taste just as good.

Thank you.

She definitely enjoys the roll; she keeps trying to have some of the stuff I haven't even photographed yet. 🤣

Nothing much to report today, not making anything other than tea later and cracking on with the washing. I did manage to facetime my friend, but the connection we were getting was shocking. Every time we start a conversation or moved around, the connection kept cutting out.

Hope you guys are doing okay and getting better as the days go on. 🙂

I think I'll need to get some more antibiotics I've got one more for today then another 3 for tomorrow but I don't think it will do the trick, it's still painful and swollen although not quite as much so I'll phone the surgery in the morning and see what they have to say.

Went to visit my Mom today. Took her for her first vaccine shot (finally), and to some doctors appointments. She's doing OK :)

A Guy

I think I'll need to get some more antibiotics I've got one more for today then another 3 for tomorrow but I don't think it will do the trick, it's still painful and swollen although not quite as much so I'll phone the surgery in the morning and see what they have to say.

Is there nothing you could soak it in like a salt bath or something to help ease it or help with the swelling?

Went to visit my Mom today. Took her for her first vaccine shot (finally), and to some doctors appointments. She's doing OK :)

A Guy

That's fabulous news! 😊 I bet that is a weight off your mind. I'm sure you enjoyed spending time with her especially because it's
been a while.

That's good news Bill I bet you feel better now and I expect it was good to be with your Mum again. :loveit:

Is there nothing you could soak it in like a salt bath or something to help ease it or help with the swelling?

That's fabulous news! 😊 I bet that is a weight off your mind. I'm sure you enjoyed spending time with her especially because it's
been a while.
I hadn't thought about salt Angie, every now and then I'll go and run my hand under the cold tap, and that is very cold. I spoke to the doctor and he's sent me another 5 days of antibiotics which should finally sort it out. He also asked if I'd had my booster jab and when I said I hadn't heard anything he said he would chase it up. When the postman came he said he could see the swelling had gone down so we're going the right way.

Got a letter yesterday from the Pancreatic cancer people and today from the Fire Brigade thanking us for the donations in John's name.

I'm so happy that you are finally getting your first jab today! 😁

I hadn't thought about salt Angie, every now and then I'll go and run my hand under the cold tap, and that is very cold. I spoke to the doctor and he's sent me another 5 days of antibiotics which should finally sort it out. He also asked if I'd had my booster jab and when I said I hadn't heard anything he said he would chase it up. When the postman came he said he could see the swelling had gone down so we're going the right way.

Got a letter yesterday from the Pancreatic cancer people and today from the Fire Brigade thanking us for the donations in John's name.

Salt's a great healer, so if nothing else, it may help soothe or help with the swelling while the antibiotics work on the inside. I'm glad postie thinks the swelling is abating. Ooh, posh word for me. I just hope I've used it in the right context, lol, because I haven't had much sleep at all last night. 🤣

Aww, that's nice that you've received letters about the donations. Will you keep them somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back