What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everything will be under the government guidelines that is not a problem and I want to get the jab. It's the actual journey and how far I will need to walk to the nearest loo that will cause the problems because of my medical conditions, that is what is giving me stress.

Could you not request to have one done at home or would that take a lot longer for you to have it done?

Drive thru vaccinations are common here. You sit in your car for 15 minutes after so they can help you if any bad effects. They have ambulances on site, etc. My medical provider isn't doing them, but they (like most) are having trouble getting enough vaccines. They are still on 75 plus, next is 65 plus...so my time won't come for months

A Guy

That's a good idea because you're in your own space; however, as you say, unfortunately, you're too young for yours yet. Hopefully, though the vaccines will start coming through at a much better pace...will you get a letter down the line to confirm when you can have it done?

The weather is calmer today, so we managed to pop out for a walk.

Drive thru vaccinations are common here. You sit in your car for 15 minutes after so they can help you if any bad effects. They have ambulances on site, etc. My medical provider isn't doing them, but they (like most) are having trouble getting enough vaccines. They are still on 75 plus, next is 65 plus...so my time won't come for months

A Guy
Over here it's the over 80s who get the vaccine via the doctors surgery, I'm in the next tier down the over 75s, I'm 78 in August. I think it's a bit too cold here to be sitting outside in a car and as they do the jab at the top of the arm and if you have clothing on that can't be pushed right up you'd have to take your arm out of the sleeve and be half undressed, no thank you. :eyeroll:

Angie I expect I'd have to wait quite some time before being put on the nurses books for a home visit and I'd rather get it now while I actually have an appointment, I'll just have to see how I get on and if I can manage to make it, if not they'll have to come out to me but at least it will let them know how bad I am.

The trouble with our surgery is that it's all locums so you can get a different doctor each time so there's no one there who actually knows your history by being in your company to see what you're like.

Time will tell, I'll see what I have to report later on Saturday. 😂

Angie I expect I'd have to wait quite some time before being put on the nurses books for a home visit and I'd rather get it now while I actually have an appointment, I'll just have to see how I get on and if I can manage to make it, if not they'll have to come out to me but at least it will let them know how bad I am.

The trouble with our surgery is that it's all locums so you can get a different doctor each time so there's no one there who actually knows your history by being in your company to see what you're like.

Time will tell, I'll see what I have to report later on Saturday. 😂

Oh wow, no then get it done pronto! 🤣 Hopefully, you'll be in and out on Saturday, how are you getting there?

Yes definitely report back on what happens.

RIP Sir Thomas

A Guy

I know, I have given him a thread all of his own for this.

I did have some news yesterday, but I can't for the life of me think what I was going to post on here. I'm sure it will come back to me at some point just don't ask me when. :D

Kelly's husband will come and pick me up and take me if he's not out on a shout and if he is one of their close friends will get me. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures; you're the only one having any at the minute. :D

Have you sorted out who's taking you yet?

I won't know till they turn up tomorrow who it's going to be, I know Kelly will be coming with me but not who the driver is.

I won't know till they turn up tomorrow who it's going to be, I know Kelly will be coming with me but not who the driver is.

See mystery surrounds the trip already. 🤣 I'm glad Kelly's going with you though. We shall look forward to hearing all about it.

Nothing much to report, rainy, drizzly day today and not much else.

Are any of you guys watching WandaVision?

Well, I've had the first one and everything went very smoothly. It took longer to get myself to the loo after I got out the car and then getting around the corner to the entrance to go in and find out they had wheelchairs there. :eyeroll:
Kelly got me one and from then on it all went very well and didn't take too long at all. I'd had the injection by 4 minutes past 2 and then had to just sit and wait for about 15 minutes to make sure I was OK, Kelly then phoned Peter to come and pick us up to bring me home, I think it took about an hour from leaving the house to getting back in it. Just have to wait for the appointment for the second injection now but if it goes as well as today I'll be happy.

Fabulous! See, I knew there would be a story. 😉

I'm so glad everything went well and you're sorted on part one of the vaccine, will you get called back for the second injection or would they do a home visit for that one?

Fabulous! See, I knew there would be a story. 😉

I'm so glad everything went well and you're sorted on part one of the vaccine, will you get called back for the second injection or would they do a home visit for that one?
I don't know Angie, I assume I'll get a letter probably for the next appointment, I asked the nurse about it and if it would be at the leisure centre again and she didn't really know, as we said a lot can happen in the waiting time and it might be sooner than the 11 weeks they predict at the moment.

I feel fine and have had no adverse effects from the vaccine, mind you I told the nurse I've got a good immune system it comes from growing up in the dirt. 😂

Apparently people find a stronger reaction to the 2nd shot. But just achy arm, maybe headache. It's a sign the vaccine is working. I'll not hesitate to get whatever I'm offered

A Guy

I don't know Angie, I assume I'll get a letter probably for the next appointment, I asked the nurse about it and if it would be at the leisure centre again and she didn't really know, as we said a lot can happen in the waiting time and it might be sooner than the 11 weeks they predict at the moment.

I feel fine and have had no adverse effects from the vaccine, mind you I told the nurse I've got a good immune system it comes from growing up in the dirt. 😂

That's true; everything changes daily at the minute. I'm glad you're feeling okay, you're days playing about in the mud have obviously paid off. 🤣

kid fail GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back