What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true; everything changes daily at the minute. I'm glad you're feeling okay, you're days playing about in the mud have obviously paid off. 🤣

kid fail GIF
wish I could say the same. This Pneumonia, seems to be just hanging on.

Aww, bless you, I hope things get better for you and you get well really soon. You must be a good host which is no fun. Are you taking anything for it? Are you being looked after?

Aww, bless you, I hope things get better for you and you get well really soon. You must be a good host which is no fun. Are you taking anything for it? Are you being looked after?
just antibiotics and I have the dehumidifier going.
Donna checks on me when she's off to Fort Gordon and when she comes home.
Alice is here most of the time and will run errands.

just antibiotics and I have the dehumidifier going.
Donna checks on me when she's off to Fort Gordon and when she comes home.
Alice is here most of the time and will run errands.
Well you make sure to binge watch some TV, eat lots and sleep when you can. Hopefully rest and recuperation will work wonders for you. Big hugs from us. 🤗

Played outside today trimming some of the front hedges! They were very spiky and overgrowing onto the footpath, so we cut them back. I ended up in the border trying to put up a temporary fence where we'd cut them back and got stuck between leaves, tree branches and having the temporary fence the wrong way around. I told the guy who walked past laughing we knew exactly what we were doing...honest! 🤣

I also found a set of keys in there, and Han fell off a garage step when we went for a walk. She was taking the mick out of somebody at the time, but after she did it, we couldn't stop laughing.

It was freezing outside, and I couldn't feel my fingers for a bit, but it was nice to be out for a change.

Not done much today as I knew I'd have to sort the rubbish out which is usually a struggle so I thought I'd save my strength for that job today.
I'm shutting down now till tomorrow so we'll see what another day has to offer, although one day is much like any other at the moment. 🤣

Yep, I've even started re-arranging what we have for tea on certain days to mix it up a bit. We're so Rock n Roll! 🤣

I washed my hair this morning, I'm going to make some dinner shortly, and then we shall see what the rest of today brings other than the post. Whoop whoop!

Only one interesting thing in the post today and that was from the funeral people to say they'd made the donations to the charities we'd picked in Johns name.

I found something today I haven't seen for years. I found a notebook, you know the sort that secretaries used to do shorthand in, it had pages of cakes and biscuit recipes in it that I used to make when I was younger each page up to page 72 had a recipe on it, ingredients and method. One that was there was a great favourite of the family and was so easy to make, it was a boiled fruit cake.

I know that in one place we lived in the kitchen I had a tall cupboard that contained all baking ingredients, all the different sugars, multiple jars of spices etc. different types of flour, in fact everything you needed to bake and I used to enjoy doing it. I have no idea where I got the recipes from but they were all very enjoyable, especially that boiled fruit cake. :)

Only one interesting thing in the post today and that was from the funeral people to say they'd made the donations to the charities we'd picked in Johns name.

Oh how lovely, 💞 where did you donate to Joan? I'm sure they were all really grateful for the donations.

We have lots of fruitcakes here in California :tonguewink:

A Guy

I think they're everywhere. 🤣

I found something today I haven't seen for years. I found a notebook, you know the sort that secretaries used to do shorthand in, it had pages of cakes and biscuit recipes in it that I used to make when I was younger each page up to page 72 had a recipe on it, ingredients and method. One that was there was a great favourite of the family and was so easy to make, it was a boiled fruit cake.

I know that in one place we lived in the kitchen I had a tall cupboard that contained all baking ingredients, all the different sugars, multiple jars of spices etc. different types of flour, in fact everything you needed to bake and I used to enjoy doing it. I have no idea where I got the recipes from but they were all very enjoyable, especially that boiled fruit cake. :)

I want that book! Pretty, pretty, pretty please with cherries on top! :cherries: Oh, my word I would love to sift through the recipes in that! 😍All the retro bakes in there would be fabulous! What was your favourite recipe out of it other than the fruit cake? Who did you used to bake with?

Funny talking about old school recipes our most recent member GrannieMa has just been asking about a Tipsy Cake from the '70s.

Oh how lovely, 💞 where did you donate to Joan? I'm sure they were all really grateful for the donations.

I think they're everywhere. 🤣

I want that book! Pretty, pretty, pretty please with cherries on top! :cherries: Oh, my word I would love to sift through the recipes in that! 😍All the retro bakes in there would be fabulous! What was your favourite recipe out of it other than the fruit cake? Who did you used to bake with?

Funny talking about old school recipes our most recent member GrannieMa has just been asking about a Tipsy Cake from the '70s.
The money went to the Heart Foundation, Pancreatic Cancer and the Fire Brigade Charity.

I don't know how old the book is but the label on the front said it cost 29p. The first couple of pages I put oven temperatures although I hadn't put gas settings in just C° and F° plus different weight measurements. The back page listed all the recipes, cakes, biscuits and pastry and the page number I'd written at the bottom of each page. As I said I have no idea where I got all the recipes from and I think it was mainly family I baked for. It would have to be converted to modern times, I mean that boiled cake I wrote down wanted ½lb of margarine with the same amount of flour and sugar. 😂

Oh wow! That's really kind of you to do that. 🙂

I'm really intrigued by this book! 🤓So with you saying it was a notepad book is it recipes you have written or a book that was printed...scrap that I've just read the post properly and worked out that these are recipes you wrote in the notepad. Fabulous! I love it when you come across old school recipes, as for the ½lb of marg, they don't make them like they used too. 😁 Where did you find it?

It was in a cupboard in the bedroom among some picture frames I had and some special tea towels, I didn't know what I'd written in it till I opened it.
I have quite a few of those kind of notebooks, one I have lists all the records I had, LPs and 45s, I think there was a list of the cassette tapes as well. I gave Kelly them all as I no longer had anything to play them on. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one somewhere with a list of my CDs as well. 😂

Lol! So your a list maker then. It's funny how things pop up like that.

I didn't have enough LP's or 45's to make a list of them and John made me bin all my cassette tapes when CDs came out. I think I have an odd one along with a few VHS videos, not that I can play them anymore anyway.

Not as cold today I don't think so we might try and go for a walk in a bit just because it's lovely...otherwise just another lazy day.

Not quite as cold here either, still cold though, it was a bit showery and there were snow bits in amongst the rain as well but of course there wasn't enough of it to make any difference plus it didn't last long.

I've still got a couple of dozen VHS's, we got rid of a load, but I've not got a player anymore so they just sit on a shelve till I can get rid of them.

I don't make lists anymore, apart from the Christmas card one and the list of the grandchildren so I can mark off when I've paid for their birthday and Christmas presents.

Yeah grey, windy and showers here too, lazy day today so much so I'm just about to go and finally get ready.

I think TV bingeing and putting my feet up are in order. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back