What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, deary me, more life of Joan! Have you had an update yet? Some things are never straightforward, hopefully, you will all be able to come up with some kind of compromise that you're all happy with. 🤞

I've now managed to post the Kids Corner thread with the toppers Han and I made and posted the final Dog Boxing Cake. I'm not quite sure what else I could call it. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Richard will be coming round on Monday to let us know how things are going and what quote he'll be putting in. Norman, the landlord, is in Russia at present so he's left it in our hands.

To be honest with the way they were talking on Thursday about what needs doing, I don't think I want to have to put up with the disruption just to have a walk in shower put in.

At present the bathroom is completely tiled but they don't think they'd be able to get any to match, they aren't a standard size and they aren't flat but have a ripple effect. I doubt if they'd be able to take them off the walls so it would mean new walls.

Because this is a prefab all internal walls are just a wooden framework with a sheet of plasterboard either side, they weren't even plastered after just a coat of emulsion on them so I think it would be quite difficult to take the old ones off. Richard would already have to take a section off where the seat would have to be fitted so he could put a supporting bar in.

Oh and not forgetting the floor, that is tiled and I doubt you'd get any to match what is down so the floor would have to be retiled, it's going to be too much and I don't think I could cope with the upheaval. :scream:

He was going to phone the grant officer at the council on Friday to talk to him about exactly what they would allow, I'll know more on Monday.

Last edited:
Crikey! It's like a total renovation, and I'm guessing it's the only bathroom in the house! It's always the way that nothing matches and everything has to come out. I do not envy you one bit.

It sounds like a serious amount of work! I can't see you using a bucket when nature calls if and when the bathroom is out of action. :scream: Would they have to put you up somewhere to get it all done? If they say it's ok, are you going to go ahead with it or just stick with what you have?

lt's the only bathroom but luckily the toilet is a separate room next door, neither room is very big but when the bathroom was altered several years ago the landlady then asked if we wanted to have them made into one room and we said to keep them separate.

To be honest I can't see the council agreeing to let a different model of shower be allowed to be installed. I'm inclined to forget it and just stick with what we have, I doubt very much they'd be prepared to put us up somewhere plus we couldn't really leave here as we have the animals to think about.

If I'd known about all the fuss and palarver I wouldn't have bothered starting the whole process in the first place. :scream:

That's good that they're separate, you don't usually find them like that anymore. All you can do now is see what they agree too, if you can't have what you want then I agree there is no point in going ahead.

I do think no matter what though it was worth the ask even though it has been a bit of a dilemma.

Today I have indulged in a lottery ticket for the £123 Million Pounds in tonight's jackpot...you've got to be in it to win it! 🤞😃🤞

Fingers crossed for you, I don't do the Lottery anymore I used to years ago but now we just do the Postcode lottery, had a £10 and £15 win but that's it so far.
I'll have to give Richard a ring tomorrow as I've not heard anything from him and he was supposed to be coming round to see me on Monday.

Not very pleased with the council at the moment as they didn't pick my rubbish up today, I have a doorstep collection and you can see the rubbish that needs picking up from the bottom of the drive. At first I just thought perhaps they were running late but when it got to the afternoon and they still hadn't been I was going to phone the council, then I heard a lorry so went just outside the door and looked down the drive, the lorry was on the other side of the road and he saw me looking, he got out the cab and came up the drive telling me they had been, he was the garden waste collection lorry and he knew I was a doorstep collection, he said perhaps they'd got a new one who just didn't look where he had to go and he told me to phone the council, which I did, so they'll be sending someone out to pick it up.

Never a dull moment round here. :lmao:

I won! Wait for it, wait for it.....all of £2.60 yeah! :lmao: Well, a win is a win so I'll take it, I've just checked and the lottery is now £135 Million for Friday so I'll have another dabble then. I don't really do it anymore because the odds have changed dramatically since the introduction of the additional balls so I only have a flutter now if there is a large jackpot. I used to do the postcode lottery many moons again but gave up on that as we never won anything.

Have you managed to speak with Richard yet?

With regards to your rubbish, you need to get one of these.....

Santa sign.JPG

....but change the Santa to Council or Refuse Collector. :lmao: They'll have no excuse for missing you out then. :lmao:

Hehehe! nice one Angie. No not heard from Richard yet, forgot to give him a ring today, still waiting for the rubbish to go though, when I phoned this afternoon they said perhaps they didn't have anyone coming this way today and they'll mention it to the fellow when she sees him tomorrow. :eyeroll:

It's my youngest sons birthday today, he's 41, then on the 17th October it will be my eldest sons birthday and he'll be 52, his son is 20 on the 1st October. :scream:

Crikey, so when they were just about adults you started again! At least you had them both two together so that they had a playmate each. Ha ha so I'm younger than your youngest child! Yeah, I'm still young then! :lmao:

So will you be seeing your youngest or just sending birthday wishes?

Today I've been making a few youtube vids. I think eventually if I make a few I'll keep the bloopers and do a section. I didn't do too badly this morning once I got all the tech working and my video guy sorted out the merging of vids. :D

Check out How to make a cornflour pouch.

Yes 2 marriages and a boy and girl from each one, 1964 and 1966. Second marriage still going after 43 years together and another boy and girl, 1977 and 1981, miscarried a boy in between the last 2.

I won't be seeing him as he's the one that lives up in Scotland, he sent a message to say he's going to ring us at the weekend.

I had a quick look at your video when I came here earlier, well done you did a good job. :D

43 Years Married! Do you get a medal for that? For some reason I only thought you had 3 kids, I'm not sure why. I hope you have a lovely catch up with your son over the weekend. Do you phone or facetime?

Lol, I'm glad you liked the vid, I did it yesterday, I think I'm going to do more of them. As long as you can understand me that is. :lmao: So did it translate okay over the pond Bill?

42 years married this December, we'd been together a year before we got married, met each other in October 1975 and got married in December 1976 and had Steven September 1977. He'll just phone, he might even be at work and give us a ring in his break, he works at the docks in Aberdeen, it's all tied in with the oil industry.

It'll be nice to see more videos from you. :D

Lol, I'll do some more then. :)

We've just got back from seeing...

And now we're waiting for PIZZA!!!! :p

Well I've finally decided I want to see the Harry Potter films, I know that at present they are being shown on one of the TV stations but I missed them starting plus you'd have to put up with the adverts.

I got the 8 films collection plus there's an extra 8 DVDs that tell you all about the making of them, one with each film. Last night I watched the first film and really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back