What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought of Joan today :D

Joan.jpg

A Guy

You know Joan would create something wonderful if she stabbed it 1000 times. 😁

Aww, Joan, yeah, keep those tootsies raised and rested. Hope you're feeling much better. :kiss: Are they still looking better?

I agree with Jennie, my Nana was the same, and she was advised to raise hers all the time. Does your newish chair keep them raised up?

OK, I'm here, I have no idea what happened to the weekend, I seem to be getting distracted a lot just lately picking up snippets of news when I'm supposed to be on my way to the forums then not having time. :eyeroll:

Also worrying about being told I have to go into hospital for a couple of days only to be sent home later that night and being locked out of my home.

I've been interrupted now as well, answering texts to Kelly, going to see what the postman has just left and I've got to sort out a cheque that needs paying into my bank account, it's only for a couple of pounds but that takes time sorting it out. :eyeroll:

I told you Angie, I'm retired but there aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with what I want to do and as I'm a lot slower now doing anything it doesn't help. :what:

The weather we're having at the moment doesn't help my state of mind either. :eyeroll:

Stopping the blood pressure tablets and taking water tablets has made a difference to my legs and they've gone down quite a bit. I have a padded stool in front of me that can help keep my legs up, the new chair is able to raise my legs without the back going down as well which is the type of mechanism I wanted but it is not really as comfortable as my old one as it is harder padding.

Last edited:
First, let me say thank you for getting in touch and letting us know you're doing okay. :hug:

I know you've had a lot to contend with over the past week, and all hasn't been plain sailing for you. I, too, get distracted and then go off doing something that wasn't on my list of things to do. 😁

But you know me, I'll search until I can find you, Bill's on the case, too, so I'm sure he'll be really pleased you popped in. 🥰 Hopefully, things will settle down for you now, and you'll get back into a more chilled-out routine again.

The weather has been a bit rubbish, but it's quite dry at the minute. It rained on Saturday and then went drier, meaning we could enjoy the fireworks and not get rained on.

I think what you need is a good cup of coffee, your feet up, and an Animated Movie to cheer you up. Han and I watched Dog Gone Trouble on Netflix and The Smurfs over the weekend. I think we have been catching up on the change in hour so it was nice to have some relaxing time and watch some funny movies.

As for doing things slowly, you do what you can when you can and at a pace that suits you.

Big hugs from all of us. 😘

I've been catching up with The Repair Shop and some Gogglebox, I still have a few of the new programs to watch, The Suspect, Ridley, Professor T, plus a few others that I have downloaded, told you there aren't enough hours in the day. :lmao:

Hi Joan, sorry to hear that your legs are poorly 😔 my mother in law had problems with hers and was advised to keep them raised when either sitting or lying down, this helps to drain the fluid off.
not sure if your problem is similar but thought I’d mention it.
hope you get better soon. Take care Jennie xx
Thank you Jennie, I don't like this growing old, it's no fun. :eyeroll:

They seem to think it's varicose eczema but it seems to be tied in with when they put me on the particular blood pressure tablet and the paperwork does say it's a side effect that can cause this kind of problem. I've never had problems with my legs before as I was very active and did a lot of walking, I was tall, slim and very fit throughout my adult life. :eyeroll:

Angie, you were worried? Silly
RollEyes.gif
Glad to see you are OK Joan, we missed you even if just for a short time

A Guy

Yeah, Joan doesn't go AWOL, so when she does, we have to find out where she's hiding. :star:

Pop Up Smile GIF by Springville Library

I currently have a steak pie in the oven and have just finished making Remembrance Poppy cupcake toppers.

Last edited:
Yeah, Joan doesn't go AWOL, so when she does, we have to find out where she's hiding. :star:

Pop Up Smile GIF by Springville Library

I currently have a steak pie in the oven and have just finished making Remembrance Poppy cupcake toppers.
:lmao: And I'm usually hiding in full view, this weather doesn't help to want to come out of hiding. The last few days we've got gale-force winds, and cloud bursts of rain. One minute the sun can be out next minute it's lashing down with rain, so much so that if it's coming from a certain direction it takes the Sky signal out.
Angie, you were worried? Silly View attachment 8472 Glad to see you are OK Joan, we missed you even if just for a short time

A Guy
Thanks Bill, I don't like going AWOL. I'm keeping an eye on the weather at the moment as I've got some more re-cycling to put out so hoping for a lull so I can finish that job as it's collection day tomorrow. :eyeroll:

Hurrah! Just had a short gap in the weather so managed to finish off the rubbish, mind you I don't have as much now that I don't have Willow with me. No more food tins or left food, I think most of my re-cycling was cat related. :lmao:

:lmao: And I'm usually hiding in full view, this weather doesn't help to want to come out of hiding. The last few days we've got gale-force winds, and cloud bursts of rain. One minute the sun can be out next minute it's lashing down with rain, so much so that if it's coming from a certain direction it takes the Sky signal out.

Thanks Bill, I don't like going AWOL. I'm keeping an eye on the weather at the moment as I've got some more re-cycling to put out so hoping for a lull so I can finish that job as it's collection day tomorrow. :eyeroll:

Yeah, we've had that with the Sky. Luckily, we managed to hold onto ours even though the weather's been horrid.

I was hoping to go for a walk with Han yesterday, but it was chucking it down, so we gave it a miss.

Hurrah! Just had a short gap in the weather so managed to finish off the rubbish, mind you I don't have as much now that I don't have Willow with me. No more food tins or left food, I think most of my re-cycling was cat related. :lmao:

I'm glad you've managed to sort your recycling out. Where's Willow? Are you still feeding the garden animals? We had the hedgehog back the other week, and then we had a baby fox visit (in the daytime) the other day. I was hoping to get a pic for Han, but it was too quick.

Kelly has taken Willow in, she was going to have to take her when I thought I had to go to the hospital but she and Peter talked it over and decided to keep her as it's getting quite difficult for me to look after her. There's the keeping on top of the litter tray and feeding her, plus having to keep getting up when she demands attention.

I've found out since she's been gone that I must have been allergic to cats as my nose no longer runs or my eyes feel tearful.

That's something else I can no longer do, feed all the birds and animals as it means too much going in and out and reaching up to fill feeders. 😞

Ahh right. I wasn't sure if she decided to go back in the airing cupboard again! I definitely think you're allergic to her, especially with all those symptoms. Well, at least now the grandkids can give her lots of attention, and she has gone to a good home. 😊

We don't feed the birds here, we used to at the old house, but I used to have a face-off with the squirrel most of the time, so in the end, we just stopped doing it. We used to go and get them suet fat balls, but then they decided to be picky with the flavours and would only have certain ones, so after that and the squirrel fiasco, we gave up.

Maybe you need a virtual pet like the Tamagotchi ones, but having said that, the free time you have now not taking care of her might give you a little extra time to take care of yourself. Although I'm sure that time will get filled up in no time. I'm talking a lot about time here. But you get my drift. :lmao:

I know what you mean, I do feel a lot better without her, I miss her but don't have the worry now about trying to look after her.

She has settled in with them really well and soon got her dogs under control, mind you poor Jarvis has had his nose pushed out a bit. There is a bit of grumbling between them and stare-offs but no fighting.

She is gradually being given more chances to explore a bit more of the house but of course she's not being let out yet.

She's getting on really well with the kids and we think it's been good for her and it's what she wanted, being among other animals and people. :hug:

Aww, it sounds like a win-win situation all around for everybody. 😍

The water is playing havoc with us at the minute, and we have no pressure. Luckily, I managed to shower and wash my hair before it went off! Lol! I'm so thankful, can you imagine? It would have been like a bad comedy! :lmao:

Hope you get your water sorted out soon, I know what it's like to have water problems my system is playing up at present and I'm waiting for a new part to arrive.

Oh no, is anything working for you at the minute?

Luckily it came back on with no problems, so fingers crossed all is now sorted.

It seems like everything going wrong at the moment, after the nurse came she phoned me later and she'd spoken to the doctor, it was the one who sent me to the hospital, because my pressure was a bit on the high side that morning and I've got to go back on the blood pressure tablets plus take my blood pressure each morning and evening for the next week and report back to the doctor.
Then yesterday another doctor phoned me, it was the one who fitted the device for my prolapse which should have been checked and changed a long time ago, she is going to see what she can sort out about getting that done here rather than me having to do into the surgery. :eyeroll:

I'm just falling apart. :lmao:

Aww, you're not the only one we've got aches and pains and allsorts going on. I couldn't walk down the stairs this morning because of pain in the arch of my foot. :think:

Hopefully, they will keep better tabs on you and have you ship shape in no time. Do you have to do a spreadsheet for your blood pressure, or have they given you a sheet to fill in?

Off to do remembrance shortly, so I'll be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back