What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom recently got a scooter too. I haven't seen it yet. I hope you like yours

A Guy
Hope your Mum gets on with hers OK Bill.

I've bought it now but it's more for if and when I get moved to Tenby, when that happens prices could be a lot more and I may not be able to afford one. Had to get in touch with the company this morning as the box containing the charger and connector didn't have a UK plug inside, the adapter was there but the other part was what is over here a shaver plug. :eyeroll:

Go to Google , search for Cat, Click on the paw, click anywhere on the page

1.jpg

A Guy :)

So the weather has finally piped down and become a little cooler. I can't moan, though, because I have enjoyed the outdoors and being at one with nature for the past few days. I didn't much care for the wasps that have been chasing me around the table, but all in all, it's been nice. I did try spraying them with my water bottle, but I ended up breaking that. :lmao:

With Han being off, I'm still trying to get into a routine but I doubt that will happen properly until she's at 6th Form. We did a shopping session the other day, so she now has what she needs going forward, and we've also applied for her licence too. I can't believe she'll be having lessons soon!

It started off cool here as well and we'd had a few spots of rain, not enough to make any difference. The sun has now come out, and the temperature in the living room is showing as 26°C I just hope it doesn't go any higher. I can manage this but it was killing me when it went up higher I was really struggling to cope.

I've not managed to sit out in it, I've got nothing to sit on outside anyway. Since the fence that John built came down in the winter storms, the landlord put another up but it didn't provide privacy and I don't want to sit outside with anyone who's waiting for a bus looking in.

Not seen any wasps around here yet and I've managed to keep the flies down to the minimum. I have a Basil plant in the kitchen and flies don't like them, it's the smell that keeps them away.

I can't believe how the time has gone and Han is old enough for a driving licence. :what:

That's a shame you don't have much privacy in the garden. The wasps are usually okay and few and far between, but yesterday they were relentless. I threw my crisps up the wall, ran around trying to get away from them and then laughed hysterically when one wouldn't give up on John's beer. I've never seen him run around so much.

I'll have to look at Basil plants. I didn't know that.

Yeah, Han's just got her Provisional. I can't quite believe it either; hopefully, she will be able to get lessons straight away, as I know there has been a backlog. I have enquired, so fingers crossed she gets sorted.

That's a shame you don't have much privacy in the garden. The wasps are usually okay and few and far between, but yesterday they were relentless. I threw my crisps up the wall, ran around trying to get away from them and then laughed hysterically when one wouldn't give up on John's beer. I've never seen him run around so much.

I'll have to look at Basil plants. I didn't know that.

Yeah, Han's just got her Provisional. I can't quite believe it either; hopefully, she will be able to get lessons straight away, as I know there has been a backlog. I have enquired, so fingers crossed she gets sorted.
I'm not sure if it deters wasps but it does keep the flies down. I know there are a few herb plants that act as brilliant deterrents against pests.

I knew I shouldn't have spoken so soon yesterday, the temperature carried on rising during the afternoon and come 7.10 pm it had reached 30°C and I was suffering again.

Today has started a lot cooler, it's very overcast but no rain yet and the temp is 23°C whereas yesterday at about this time it was 26°C. :eyeroll:

It's very muggy here today, it's overcast, but you can feel the heat. It's not as bad as it has been though.

I meant to ask you about your scooter. Have you got it yet, and more to the point, have you been out on it yet?

It's very muggy here today, it's overcast, but you can feel the heat. It's not as bad as it has been though.

I meant to ask you about your scooter. Have you got it yet, and more to the point, have you been out on it yet?
Same here today, the sun has kept poking its head out now and then but it has been a lot cooler. We've still not had any rain though and this high pressure doesn't help my breathing but it's still better for me now it's cooler.

I do have my scooter, I had to get onto them as they hadn't sent a UK plug with the adapter, it was a plug that is usually used to connect a shaver to the mains. I've received the correct plug now but haven't been out on it yet I need to feel better before I use it and want to find someone who can be with me before I'm on my own with it. I'm in no hurry. :D

Go to Google , search for Friends Ross, click on the couch 4 times (sound up)

View attachment 8023

A Guy

Lol! I didn't have the sound up at first but was going to reply with Pivot! It was our favourite word when we moved house. :lmao:

Same here today, the sun has kept poking its head out now and then but it has been a lot cooler. We've still not had any rain though and this high pressure doesn't help my breathing but it's still better for me now it's cooler.

I do have my scooter, I had to get onto them as they hadn't sent a UK plug with the adapter, it was a plug that is usually used to connect a shaver to the mains. I've received the correct plug now but haven't been out on it yet I need to feel better before I use it and want to find someone who can be with me before I'm on my own with it. I'm in no hurry. :D

Oh no! I can't believe they didn't send you a proper plug with it, so you had two prongs to connect it. Do you not get lessons on how to use them? I always wondered how far they go and if they run out of power do you get the AA or Greenflag to collect you? 😁 Are you allowed on both the road and pavement?

Wow, lots of questions, but they do interest me because I'm not sure about the rules on them. Is it red in colour?

I do hope you feel better and get to go out and about on it soon. Is there anywhere, in particular, you want to go on it or is it just for independence so you can get out and about?

Han and I have been creative today and made some cake toppers.

The delivery man shows you how it works, he just showed me the box and said that holds the adapter to charge it with but we didn't take it out of the box or else I would have seen that the UK plug was missing.

It's pretty easy to work just a couple of levers, one to go forward and one to go back, as soon as you let go it just stops. It has a button for the horn and one for the lights and a dial to alter the speed and it is red.

There is a lever on the side you can use so that you can push it without power. It can go about 16 km on a full charge with a speed of about 6 km and go up an incline of 12°.

You don't need a licence and it's able to go on pavement and road. I got it mainly for independence when I get to a new place so Kelly doesn't have to push me about all the time because it's quite hilly. :D

Forward-thinking, I like it. Oh, right, so you can tootle about on it then and get up hills. That's great because it will give you a good source of independence and save Kelly's pushing power. It runs like a go-kart, then really, stop-go etc.

How long does it take to charge?

If I remember correctly it needs 10 - 12 hours for a full charge but hopefully I wouldn't let it run out entirely and after the initial charge, apparently, it gets a better charge. It was delivered at 90% charged and it's not been anywhere yet. :D

You need to take it for a spin around the garden. :wink: Will you get a number plate for it?

What garden, it's not really the best place to try it out. It's not the best surface as it was a field so uneven grass, and not very big and the drive is a mixture of chippings and grass.

It doesn't need a number plate as it's legal for both pavement and road as it is. :)

Oh dear, no, we don't want you getting stuck.

It doesn't need a number plate as it's legal for both pavement and road as it is. :)

Lol! I meant for your own purpose, I've seen some with the shopping basket on the front, and they have a number plate made up with the driver's name on it. So I wondered if that was something you may do.

I do hope you enjoy it. The freedom and independence it will give you will be fantastic.

Sorry I wasn't thinking, mine has a basket on the front don't think I'll stick my name on it though. 😂

Having freedom and independence was one of the main reasons for getting it as well as costs going up and not being able to afford one if I left it too long and making it easier on Kelly when I move.

Nope, I'd not have one of those. Speedy 1 would be a good plate, definitely for Joan's new mobile anyway. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back