What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been doing up to? 2023 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My box is recording some which are mainly ones I've not watched, I know there are some of Series 20 still to record. I think I've just finished watching the latest Celebrity ones so it's back to the normal ones. I have a lot to catch up with because it's only recently I started to watch it and there have been a lot of episodes, I'm enjoying it though.

I've had a look online, and apparently, Jenny and Lee did an Instagram post and have confirmed it's back on in Feb. I thought it would be late Jan, but Feb is fine. I know they have put on the celeb one, but we've seen most of those, so we keep flicking through the older ones we don't remember.

Which is what I'm doing with Gogglebox as well as The Repair Shop. I love seeing the items that people take into the barn and the stories that go with them and then to see them restored is wonderful, there is such a lot of talent among the people who bring the items back to what they once were.

I have hours of catch-up TV to keep me entertained. Another I'm watching as well is Heartbeat. :loveit:

Han loves what they do in the Repair shop, I think it's amazing how well they can restore the items they are given. The last snippet we saw was of the woman who had a doll from childhood that could walk and helped her remember how to walk again. :loveit:

Are you watching the original series of Heartbeat with Nick Berry? I'm currently running out of series to watch, so I'm buying box sets off Amazon and Apple.

Han loves what they do in the Repair shop, I think it's amazing how well they can restore the items they are given. The last snippet we saw was of the woman who had a doll from childhood that could walk and helped her remember how to walk again. :loveit:

Are you watching the original series of Heartbeat with Nick Berry? I'm currently running out of series to watch, so I'm buying box sets off Amazon and Apple.
Yes I am, Kate has just told him she is pregnant and they've made up their differences, I know how it turns out as I've seen it before plus the whole series after. I like a lot of these old programs.

Some of the old programmes are the best. I remember when he left EastEnders and brought a song out, but I don't think I ever watched Heartbeat. I wish they would remaster some of the old stuff we used to watch, especially Sci-Fi, because I could re-watch it.

There are a few things on Netflix, but it's in 4:3. We found Baywatch had been remastered on Amazon, and the quality is amazing. John tells me that if the old stuff is made on film, it can be remastered, but a lot of the things we used to watch weren't, so they can't upgrade it. It's a shame because there aren't many Sci-Fi programmes, and I loved Janeway in Voyager and Deep Space Nine with Sisko.

I'm not really into Sci-Fi programs that much, I have watched a few but they are not my first choice. I've got some more catch up Repair Shop on at the moment. Kelly and Peter called in this morning, Peter went to see his dad, who has just come out of hospital after breaking his hip so Kelly and I had another good catch up and I gave her some stuff for Willow, a supply of flea treatment and a box of food. I think it only fair I keep her supplied with stuff because she was good enough to take her in, she said there was no way she would go into a shelter and I'm pleased how well she has settled down at Kelly's.

The nurse came to dress my legs and is going to order some other stuff for them as I apparently have a bug that needs clearing up and I will be finished the course of antibiotics in a few days, and my friend the hairdresser has been and washed my hair. :)

BJyePjX.jpeg

A Guy :D

I'm not really into Sci-Fi programs that much, I have watched a few but they are not my first choice. I've got some more catch up Repair Shop on at the moment. Kelly and Peter called in this morning, Peter went to see his dad, who has just come out of hospital after breaking his hip so Kelly and I had another good catch up and I gave her some stuff for Willow, a supply of flea treatment and a box of food. I think it only fair I keep her supplied with stuff because she was good enough to take her in, she said there was no way she would go into a shelter and I'm pleased how well she has settled down at Kelly's.

The nurse came to dress my legs and is going to order some other stuff for them as I apparently have a bug that needs clearing up and I will be finished the course of antibiotics in a few days, and my friend the hairdresser has been and washed my hair. :)

Glad to hear you are on the mend and having catch-up and spruce-ups with people. I'm glad Willow is settling in too. I need to wash my hair, but I'm having a rest day today. I've managed to watch a movie on Netflix, True Spirit and do some washing, so I'm multi-tasking whilst sitting down. 😁 We also watched Shotgun Wedding the other day too, which is the new one on Amazon. There don't seem to be that many movies about at the minute, so I'm taking them as and when they come.

At first glance it still looks like the A is an O, you'd think they could have found a picture of a Dragon to use though. :D

Well, I'm connected to my heart monitor for the next 6 days. trouble is one of the ones on my side doesn't want to stay stuck in place. I have to keep it on all the time even when going to bed. I have to fill in sheets of what's happening each day, although there will be nothing for me to fill in as it's normal for me to be breathless, I did tell them to make a note of the fact that because of my condition it was normal for me to be out of breath when moving about because my lungs don't have the room to expand fully.
It will be interesting to see what they have to say about whatever results they get, they did give me an ECG before fitting the monitor.

I'm having problems with these silly sensors sticking, it's very hard trying to reach and fit them in place. The nurse is coming tomorrow though to do my legs so I'll ask her if there is a trick to getting them to stick on and stay on. :eyeroll:

Oh boy, these chapters of the Life of Joan are not my favorites :( I wish you all the best. Getting old is the only option, but it's not for the faint...

A Guy

Duct Tape! :lmao: That thing sticks everything together, either that or we may have to wrap you in clingfilm or parcel wrap. You might look like a Mummy, but at least the sensors will stay in place for you.

I'm glad you're being monitored and looked after and keeping a note of what's what, that way, they will have a better idea of what's going on with you, and you can get looked after properly. 😘

That duck tape sounds like a good idea, :lmao: I've managed a bit better today, at least at the moment they are still stuck on but I'm not sure if I took more off the back than I should have done. The monitor seems happy though as it's showing the time and does say it's recording. The nurse hasn't been yet.

I know, but that may be a little too permanent. :lmao: I'm glad you're sorting it out, maybe surgical tape or plasters may help a little. I'm sure if you ask the nurse, she would be able to give you some options as they must deal with this sort of thing all the time. ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back