What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been doing up to? 2023 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd already tried plasters and the tape the nurses use and they didn't work, but so far so good they are still stuck on. I've not changed them today, will do it again tomorrow. The nurse said it was OK to leave them on another day in fact I'm sure the nurse in the hospital said to change them every other day.

It's been a busy day today, Kelly came this morning for a visit then one after the other, my hairdresser came to wash my hair, then the optician came with my new glasses, she left and a council workman turned up to put another grab rail on the other side of the outside door. :D

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the shades debacle and the blinding light. Maybe we should book him in for her. :lmao:

I watched my old neighbour's funeral today, there were a lot of people there family and friends. It was up in Yorkshire, and her son gave me the live stream link. There were plenty of people there, all her children and their families. She was well liked wherever she went so I wasn't surprised. It was a big difference from that to the number we were allowed to have at John's funeral.

She lived to a good old age, she was 92 when she died. She had lived a very full and varied life doing all sorts of activities, she even took a degree when she was 80 for metal work at college and got an award for it. She did pottery and used to sell it on a stall at a market, and she started out as a teacher.

I love that about people in later life when they do degrees and things later on. It just shows you, you're never too old to learn anything. No doubt, it kept her busy and gave her a creative outlet. She must have been good at it too, to get an award. :loveit:

I bet she taught the youngsters a thing or two in her day and shaped many lives with her teachings. I'm glad she had a wonderful life.

Stories like that always inspire me, so thank you for sharing. ❤️

Apparently she really inspired her pupils and they loved learning from her. She was very creative and really lived a full life, once she went and borrowed a farmer's donkey loaded it with camping gear and went on a walkabout. She used to protest and loads of other things to numerous for me to remember, it was just such a shame old age and dementia took over. We miss her.

I thank you for sharing her stories, people like that hold a place in many people's hearts, so even though the ending of her life wasn't the best. You are still honouring her by remembering all the great things she did and the many, many lives she touched along the way. :loveit: I love learning from the older generation as they have lots of wisdom and different ways of doing things, they also teach us, youngsters, a thing or two. that's usually the only time I'm ever a youngster anymore. :lmao:

Yes, she certainly lived life to the full, I didn't know half of what she'd done till her daughters read out what her life had been like before she came to live next door, it didn't surprise me though.

I've been baking today, so the kitchen smells wonderful at the minute.

Hungry Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Cable/Internet down from 6pm Monday to almost 6pm Tuesday, grrr. Hopefully they have it fixed right this time

A Guy

I don't surf on my phone as the screen is just so small...I could if I had to. So no internet, no cable vide, no DVR recordings...I got out my Stargate SG-1 DVDs and watched some. But I so rarely sit and watch TV. The good thing is that DVR recordings are not made local to your box, so they were still there :)

A Guy

I'm like you I don't use my phone for stuff like surfing the net. I know some people do everything on their phones but as far as I'm concerned my phone is just for calls and texts plus taking the odd photo as the camera is brilliant. It's always charged whereas my actual camera never is when I want to use it, in fact I don't even know where it is now it's that long since I've used it.

I'm the same. I much prefer a PC, there is very little I do on my phone other than answer and text on it. I like being old school. Ooh yeah, and like you, Joan, I take a gazillion baking pictures on it. :loveit:

@A Guy, well, thank you for posting as and when. Glad to see that the old-school method of DVDs comes in handy, and Stargate SG1 is excellent, so hopefully, that will tide you over until you're back up and running.

@Joan, I made a Madeira the other day, but it went in the bin, I used my stand mixer to mix the ingredients, which I don't usually do, but it didn't mix properly and had a weird texture when I baked it. So I had to bin it. I typically hand mix, but my wrist is hurting at the minute, so I thought to save time and effort it would be the better option. To be fair I was conscious of overbeating the mix and did it for less time than I should so it's my own fault for not gauging it properly. When I hand whisk I can feel the batter so I know when to stop mixing.

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a disaster baking Angie, that's not like you, you obviously were having an off day.

I'm up late tonight while I wait for midnight so I can book my next Tesco slot. The nurse was round this morning to dress my legs and they are definitely getting better, they still leak and don't look that good but they are losing all the scaly bumps and getting flat, especially as they got the swob results back and I'm on the right antibiotics and the same with the cream they are using.

I'll be glad when they're completely healed up though, but it took a long time for them to get this bad so I expect it will take a while for them to heal, but at least we're on the right road. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back