What's new

PME Candy Buttons Bright White Review (1 Viewer)

These PME Candy Buttons are a great addition to your baking cupboard; not only do they have the consistency of melted chocolate, but the buttons are pre-tempered, so all you have to do is melt and go!

PME Candy Buttons - Bright White - Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

How to use.

How do I use Candy Buttons?
  • Please place them in a microwavable container and melt in 30 seconds bursts until melted. The pack advises lowering the temperature to half-power or using the microwave's defrost setting; however, I tried this, and they take longer to melt.

Other melting options are:​
  • Using a Bain Marie or Double Boiler. This is where you put a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and place the Candy Buttons in the heatproof bowl. The simmering water from the pan underneath will melt the buttons. However, please ensure that no water from the simmering pan comes into direct contact with the Candy Buttons. (I'm assuming this is because it would seize like chocolate).

Uses

Once the Candy Buttons have been melted, they can be used for a range of projects such as:
Note: The instructions on the pack specifically advise not to melt the Candy Buttons in the bag.

3 PME Candy Buttons Review by Help Me Bake-001.jpg

Size

The PME Buttons are approximately 2.5 cm wide.

PME Candy Buttons Review by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

By approx 0.4 cm thick.

4 PME Candy Buttons Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

Weight

• Each candy button weighs approximately 2 grams.
  • The full bag contains approximately 284 grams or 10 oz.

Consistency

• They're a really workable consistency; by that, I mean that they're not too thin that they go everywhere or too thick that they feel gloopy. They worked great in the geometric heart mould and gave a good covering of the mould. Due to the consistency, they would also be great for dipping, coating and covering too.

How to thin Candy Buttons?
  • To get a thin drizzling consistency, I used a little coconut oil when melting them. This thins the buttons down enough to let you drizzle and add sprinkles to your treats.

Warning - Never pour any excess or unused candy buttons down the sink as they can clog it, reheat any leftovers, then wipe out the bowl or glass with a piece of kitchen towel/wipe and then place it in the bin.

Easy to Dye

How to dye Candy Buttons?​
  • If you want to make an array of different colours with your candy buttons, add a few drops of oil-based dye to colour them. I used the Colour Mill Oil Based Food Colouring - Rose and Raspberry.

Shelf Life

I bought my Candy Buttons in January 2021, and the expiry date on my pack is April 2022.​

Appealing to the senses:

How do Candy Buttons look when melted and set?​
  • When they have melted and set in the fridge, Candy Buttons have a shine similar to that of properly tempered chocolate.

How do they taste?​
  • Creamy
  • Melt in your Mouth
  • Smooth Consistency
  • Vanilla & Chocolatey

What do Candy Buttons smell like?​
  • A cross between white chocolate and vanilla is probably the most accurate description I can give you, but if I had to choose one word for them, it would be delicious!

Although the Candy Buttons smell and taste delicious, it is worth noting that they do contain allergens.

Allergen Info - Contains​

• Milk
  • Soya
  • Possible traces of Nuts
This product also contains other ingredients that have not been listed; therefore, please ensure that you read all the ingredients contained in Candy Buttons when purchasing from your supplier.

You can order your bags of Candy Buttons from the following suppliers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back