What's new

PME Infinity Multicutter Review - Thin Stripes Set of 2 (1 Viewer)

Always on the lookout for new decorating tools, I came across these PME Inifinity Multicutters recently and thought I would give them a whirl.

Now I do have similar cutters by a different brand. However, these are larger than the ones I have, and add to that, there are two different sizes in the packet; they were definitely worth a try.

PME Infinity Multicutter Review by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Product Care/Instructions​

There are no product care instructions on the packaging. However, I washed these in hot soapy water and allowed them to air dry before use.​
The only information listed on the front of the packaging is the name Infinity Multicutter and the word 'Thin', and then Strip Cutter & Stamp underneath. These are the thin range, as they also do another set called Thick which has wider cutters in it.​

Sizes​

The sizes of the cutters are clearly listed on the back of the packaging.
  • The smallest cutter is approx 13 cm long x 7 cm wide.
  • The stripe has a width of approximately 0.8 cm.
PME Infinity Multicutter Review by Help Me Bake 2 (Medium).jpg
  • The larger cutter is again 13 cm x 7 cm wide.
  • This has a stripe width of approximately 1.2 cm.

Quantity​

• The small stripe cutter makes seven stripes at a time.
PME Infinity Multicutter Review by Help Me Bake 2b (Medium).jpg
  • Whereas the larger stripe cutter makes five stripes at a time.
PME Infinity Multicutter Review by Help Me Bake 3 (Medium).jpg

Quality/Colour​

• The Infinity Multicutters are made from Food-Grade ABS Plastic.
  • They feel very strong and sturdy when being used.
  • They wash and dry really well in hot soapy water. *(I haven't tried them in the dishwasher yet, but I will try and let you know how they turn out).
  • They're light blue in colour.
  • They glide back and forth on the silicone mat when scoring the icing/fondant.
  • To make longer stripes ensure you use modelling paste or icing/fondant with tylo. I did try to make longer stripes with normal icing and they didn't turn out that well so I used modelling paste and they worked out much better albeit a little rough. I think once you get the knack of the 'extended glide' you would be fine but I had to score the lines with a knife afterwards to split the longer stripes up.
  • They are wide/deep enough to allow a soft paintbrush to be inserted into the end. This would help prevent fingermarks and shape distortion when removing the stripe from the cutter.
PME Infinity Multicutter Review by Help Me Bake 5 (Medium).jpg
* (I washed them on the top shelf of my dishwasher this evening, and they came out fine).​

Uses​

• The stripe cutter makes multiple stripes.
  • These can remain straight or be bent to make wavy lines.
  • You can make numerous stripes quickly and easily, saving time.
  • They can be used with modelling paste, sugarpaste, flower paste, marzipan etc.

Conclusion​

Overall I do like the cutters. They are good quality, provide multiple stripes and have a wide edge allowing easy removal. I didn't even have to use any icing sugar or cornflour for dusting when making the regular size and just used regular icing/fondant to see how they would fair. I do like the cutters and would recommend them.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back