What's new

8 inch x 2 inch recipe needed please (1 Viewer)

DawnzCreationz

Hello!

I am new here and needing a complete recipe from ingredients to directions for a Victorian sponge cake that would work for two 8”x2” deep cake pans. They are dark nonstick. I have never made this type of cake before so any tips or tricks would be great!

Thank you for any help!!

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi @DawnzCreationz

Welcome to the site. :)

I have a tutorial for a Victoria Sponge Recipe for both normal and wholemeal cakes, which you can follow step by step, but my tins are about 1 - 1.5 Inches in depth, and I use a 150-gram mix.

For the original Victoria Sponge, I baked at 170°C in a fan-assisted oven.

However, I baked the wholemeal cake I baked it at 175°C in my new large-capacity fan-assisted oven.

I think that with your tins being deeper, the 200-gram mix for the original Victoria Sponge Mix Recipe may be better suited to you because it will give you a deeper layer per tin. But obviously, you would have to gauge the baking time. Use the same method as the tutorials but with more ingredients.

200 Grams Margarine
200 Grams Granulated Sugar
4 Medium Eggs (At room temperature)
200 Grams Self Raising Flour

To be honest, you may be better off baking at the lower temperature for longer, so maybe check the cakes at 20-22 minutes. That's because you have darker tins, and they bake and brown faster; however, they may need a touch longer due to your extra mix.

Once you think they are baked just insert a skewer/cocktail stick into the middle of the cake and see if you have a cake mix on it. If it comes out clean then you're fine, if it has cake batter on it then place back in for a few more minutes. I think the two-inch tins may need about 25+ minutes.

When the cake is done you should be able to carefully press the top of it with your finger and it should spring back and not leave a fingerprint in it.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back