What's new

Tomato and Goats Cheese Galette (1 Viewer)

Hope you don't mind me sneaking in a savoury dish among all the lovely cakes, puddings and desserts. This is an adaptation of Delia's Tomato and Goat's Cheese Galette. I say adaptation because I didn't have any goat's cheese and nor did I have enough tomatoes!! I used grated cheddar and gruyere instead, and added thinly sliced red onion to make up for not having enough toms. After a disastrous start with quantities (I was trying to halve the recipe but forgot to do this with the flour), I did a Gordon Ramsay and threw the dough in the bin and started again. It was well worth the effort. Presentation isn't quite Masterchef standard but they were soooo tasty and a definite thumbs up at home.

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't mind at all Sue, I think we need to add some savoury dishes to the site as not everybody likes sweet things. I must say it looks mouth watering. When you did a 'Gordon' did you turn the air blue? I love him he's fab, very passionate! :wink:
Sometimes I wish you could sample food off screen, I could just taste a little of that at the moment!

:thumbs:

It's that good I've even amended the thread title for you! :wink:

Hope you don't mind me sneaking in a savoury dish among all the lovely cakes, puddings and desserts. This is an adaptation of Delia's Tomato and Goat's Cheese Galette. I say adaptation because I didn't have any goat's cheese and nor did I have enough tomatoes!! I used grated cheddar and gruyere instead, and added thinly sliced red onion to make up for not having enough toms. After a disastrous start with quantities (I was trying to halve the recipe but forgot to do this with the flour), I did a Gordon Ramsay and threw the dough in the bin and started again. It was well worth the effort. Presentation isn't quite Masterchef standard but they were soooo tasty and a definite thumbs up at home.

View attachment 1168 View attachment 1169

That looks delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back