What's new

Today...what have you been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent a lovely afternoon at Bents Garden Centre admiring their Christmas decorations and enjoying afternoon tea with delicious cherry scones :rolleyes: very yummy, mmmmmm!
 
You knock off the hubby Angie?

A Guy

No...but there's an idea! LOL! No I've had workmen and fitters all around the house for the last couple of weeks and then when the end is in sight more appear! :confused:

We're going for our gym Christmas meal today. :party:

I hope you had a great time Jean.

Spent a lovely afternoon at Bents Garden Centre admiring their Christmas decorations and enjoying afternoon tea with delicious cherry scones :rolleyes: very yummy, mmmmmm!

Sue those are my favourite's I have one all the time when I go to Bents, although it always costs me a small fortune, especially when I hit the book aisle! :zip:

Today I was finally hoping that after Physio I could hopefully have a very quick trip to the toy store with the hubby for a quick Christmas shop (one of my friends reminded me how many days it is until Christmas and sent me into panic mode), however after we hit the store we forgot that it was Black Friday and that the world and his wife and sister were out in force looking for bargains. :eek:

Unfortunately the required toy we needed was actually down the said aisle where everybody was, so with military precision and a few swift moves we went in for the swoop! Not for a toy for Hannah I might add but for a very special other little lady. After that fiasco we aborted the mission ended up at B&Q buying paint and proceeded to paint the hallway! Seriously I have one window of opportunity to escape the house before paperwork Monday and I spend it looking at walls literally! LOL! :huh:
 
The scones reminded me that I haven't yet tried Linda's recipe for these yet. Do you remember when she made them and how delicious they were? So I think I'll put that on the agenda for this weekend's activities. A few more calories but what the heck :huh:

My neck has been 'niggling' for a few days now so I bought some Thermacare wraps from Boots yesterday (2 for £10) and wore one this afternoon while I was out. I can't believe how much heat they give off and without batteries, lol! It's still effective now and feels really comforting. If the discomfort turns into pain like it usually does at this stage, then I'll be booking acupunture again which really works for me.

The Asda/Walmart Black Friday sale was on the news tonight because of the chaos and aggression. I'm sure it was just the minority as usual but I'm glad I wasn't there. You were very brave but at least you got what you wanted and left in one piece!

Hope you manage to get all your paperwork done before Monday's big night out and then you can relax and enjoy the evening. I'm really looking forward to it :D
 
Last edited:
The scones reminded me that I haven't yet tried Linda's recipe for these yet. Do you remember when she made them and how delicious they were? So I think I'll put that on the agenda for this weekend's activities. A few more calories but what the heck :huh:

My neck has been 'niggling' for a few days now so I bought some Thermacare wraps from Boots yesterday (2 for £10) and wore one this afternoon while I was out. I can't believe how much heat they give off and without batteries, lol! It's still effective now and feels really comforting. If the discomfort turns into pain like it usually does at this stage, then I'll be booking acupunture again which really works for me.

The Asda/Walmart Black Friday sale was on the news tonight because of the chaos and aggression. I'm sure it was just the minority as usual but I'm glad I wasn't there. You were very brave but at least you got what you wanted and left in one piece!

Hope you manage to get all your paperwork done before Monday's big night out and then you can relax and enjoy the evening. I'm really looking forward to it :D

I do remember Linda's scones, I have been privy to them on more than one occasion, they are gorgeous.

Please tell me you mean 2 boxes of 3 thermacare neck wraps for £10, otherwise you need to go to Tesco for them. The back ones have been fantastic and have eased my back no end. I agree, no batteries, microwaves or other heating devices needed whatsoever.

As for Black Friday sheesh, I'd saw the advert on the tv for Asda but didn't think anything of it but when we went shopping the car park was hammered. Won't be doing it again I can tell you, especially after seeing the papers and all the fighting that went on! It's crazy!

Thank you you for the reminder about Monday as I had forgotten already...:o, I've got so much work to catch up on and deadlines to meet it's unreal! I swear I meet myself coming backwards. :confused: But yeah definitely looking forward to it. :D

Bill they are great, I can't say enough about them!
 
Black Friday!! makes me glad of where I live, very quiet round here. ;)

Been onto BT this morning about a new router, it will arrive on Tuesday, so I know what I'll be doing that day. :p
 
I do remember Linda's scones, I have been privy to them on more than one occasion, they are gorgeous.

Please tell me you mean 2 boxes of 3 thermacare neck wraps for £10, otherwise you need to go to Tesco for them. The back ones have been fantastic and have eased my back no end. I agree, no batteries, microwaves or other heating devices needed whatsoever.

As for Black Friday sheesh, I'd saw the advert on the tv for Asda but didn't think anything of it but when we went shopping the car park was hammered. Won't be doing it again I can tell you, especially after seeing the papers and all the fighting that went on! It's crazy!

Thank you you for the reminder about Monday as I had forgotten already...:o, I've got so much work to catch up on and deadlines to meet it's unreal! I swear I meet myself coming backwards. :confused: But yeah definitely looking forward to it. :D

Bill they are great, I can't say enough about them!

Yes, I did mean 2 boxes for £10, Angie. I've just bought some more at £2.67 a box and free postage as an Amazon add-on. I'm off to make some scones now. See you tomorrow x
 
I've never tried the thermacare, but then again, I'm usually the pain in the...

A Guy

If you are the pain, Bill - I'm not sure if Thermacare would help. They could just make you disappear altogether and that would never do as we'd miss your witticisms (if there is such a word) :doh:
 
Yes, I did mean 2 boxes for £10, Angie. I've just bought some more at £2.67 a box and free postage as an Amazon add-on. I'm off to make some scones now. See you tomorrow x

Aha glad to hear it, even better with the Amazon deal! ;)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, just trying to suss out what to wear! :unsure:
 
I'm being a little bit festive today and have decided to wear my gingerbread socks!

Gingerbread Feet (Small).jpg
I'm really looking forward to our College outing too now I know what to wear! :dinesh:
 
Wow ! they look great Angie, really yummy. :dinesh:

I love them Joan, they get me inspired! lol!

I have returned from our night out and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. A big thanks to Sue for making all the reservations. :D
 
[video=youtube;_Af6QBFkt10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Af6QBFkt10[/video]

This video stars my wonderful best buddy Helen and her colleagues at Cassons. Helen is the goddess/angel in the middle with the hooped earrings. Who'd have thought a bunch of accountants could be so fun! You guys rock!

I'm still singing and had to watch it twice to see if it was just as good......it was, maybe even better!

:thumbs:
 
Only we could buy a new Christmas tree that you have to put together branch by branch and then half way down work out that the number 4 branches are missing. We do have we have 2 lots of the number 2 branches though!
:what:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top