What's new

Today...what have you been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are making treacle toffee and bonfire cupcakes in tonight's lesson. I have pre-made some chocolate muffins this afternoon which are now cooling. These will then be ready to use for the demonstration and decorating techniques later on.

I have also wrapped up the remainder of the Tiffin that I made so that I can give it to my dad, this is to save me from myself and so that I don't eat anymore....it's so delicious I can't help it! :p
 
Today John is helping me with one of my projects, unfortunately we're not getting off to a very good start! Lol! :confused:

I do however need to to be very nice though because it's all things technical today...nothing that a brew (cup of tea) can't sort out I'm sure. ;)
 
Later this afternoon, I'm planning to attempt Tomato & Goats Cheese Galettes which involves making my own flaky pastry!!! It's years since I've made any kind of pastry but as next week's lesson at college is pastry based, it's got me in the mood. There's only one little problem - I haven't any goats cheese so a little improvisation will be needed. If they look ok, I'll post a picture later, before they're eaten for tea! :unsure:
 
We'll done Sue, let us know how you get on with it, improvisation is good as it shows creativity!

I've had a really busy day today, I've been out since the crack of dawn and finally got to watch Wicked the musical, it was AMAZING!!! Well worth the 3 year wait, the cast were fabulous and the costume designs were gorgeous. :cool:
 
The Veteran – Lest We Forget

It is the VETERAN , not the preacher,

who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN , not the reporter,

who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN , not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN , not the campus organizer,

who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN , not the lawyer,

who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN , not the politician,

Who has given us the right to vote.

Thanks to all our veterans, past and present.

A Guy
 
That's a great poem Bill.

Today I'm busy creating forms and working on stuff for my courses next year, I'm currently knee deep in paperwork! I've also ran round the house screaming like a girl because a wasp was chasing me! :eek: Oh and to top it all I've got no water because my bathroom is being done!
 
I'm looking forward to teaching later, it's all about the pastry today so we're making sweet and savoury bakes! :D

I'm also working tirelessly behind the scenes too with all the exciting projects I have in store for next year! I'm a very busy bee at the moment and I'm really looking forward to when I can finally post about all the things that we will doing...not long now! ;)
 
I'm looking forward to teaching later, it's all about the pastry today so we're making sweet and savoury bakes! :D

I'm also working tirelessly behind the scenes too with all the exciting projects I have in store for next year! I'm a very busy bee at the moment and I'm really looking forward to when I can finally post about all the things that we will doing...not long now! ;)

Sounds really interesting, Angie. Just wondering how agreeable my husband would be if I suggested moving house to Standish!!!
 
I'm sure you could bribe him with some of your lovely treats. ;)

Speaking of which I've been devouring some of my pastry goodies today....oh what's that...a brew and a slice....great idea......back in a mo!

Tea and a Slice.jpg
 
Today I've been making a slightly different version of chocolate brownie it is a more solid mix and works better in tiers, it's Linda's recipe but I've modified it slightly. I've also managed to taste test with a cuppa tea too! :thumbs:
 
What a lovely day we had today at the Festive fayre, there's been lots of baking going on and also a lot of laughs too. I'll be doing my write up in the student and children section very soon.

Even with all the helping and busy bee-ing going on I still managed to make mini mince pies and peppermint creams!
 
The mince pie was lovely.

Today I am relaxing and putting my feet up, this week coming I will be back circuit training and at Aqua Zumba. We have a nice young man who's joined us recently :) I'm not looking forward to the snow that's on its way so I better get my big coat out.
 
I have my feet up at the moment trying to rest my back. I pulled it out of place this morning and it's not looking very good at the moment. :( On the plus side I can still type so I can still work. ;)

I am wondering though how Joan is getting on with all the Christmas goodies she's making for the family? Have you got any finished yet and are you allowed to show us? :D
 
I have my feet up at the moment trying to rest my back. I pulled it out of place this morning and it's not looking very good at the moment. :( On the plus side I can still type so I can still work. ;)

I am wondering though how Joan is getting on with all the Christmas goodies she's making for the family? Have you got any finished yet and are you allowed to show us? :D

Do you mean the knitting Angie, I've finished the stockings and the reindeer jumpers are well on the way. The first jumper has the back done and the front to just after the shaping starts for the armholes and it means it's the anglers part of the pattern. I'll go and fetch the photo's for the stockings don't have any yet for the jumper but will post it when I do.
Oh and I did the 3 stockings that were ordered and son-in-law felt left out so I made him one out of the left overs.

WP_20131028_001.jpg

WP_20131008_002.jpg
 
Yes Joan I did mean the knitting and they are fabulous! I will have to show Hannah as she really wants to see the goodies you have made. Can't wait to see the jumpers and they're not even for me! Giddy.....:D
 
Love the festive socks, Joan. You are obviously a lady of many talents! I can't knit to save my life .... well, that is a slight exaggeration. If I put my mind to it, I could probably knit a scarf but it would probably look as if a 5 year old had done it, that is if I had the patience to finish it, lol!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top