I tried circuit training this week I couldn't do all the moves as my legs aren't long enough but not bad for my first go and it makes me feel more energised. Today I get to relax.
I know Bill but there just aren't enough hours and juggling 3 jobs is a nightmare! I think I'll have a night off tonight seeing as me and Han have been baking and decorating all afternoon. We made Halloween themed Gingerbread. We have skeleton gingerbread men, mummy gingerbreads and then Han made a spider, house, bat, ghost, tombstone and her very own dinosaur. I will post the pics tomorrow along with my college write up.
Wow lots of work to do today and I'm currently in cake heaven! ....Oooooh just remembered I have gingerbread too, a cuppa tea me thinks! Put the kettle on!
Very busy day as usual although I'm never actually sure where all my time goes! Time waits for no man...or woman come to think of it! I did however manage to take a five minute breather and grab a brew with a very good friend of mine.
Yes Joan we are a bit hit and miss at the moment due to half term, however, Han did manage to go to a Halloween Party last night dressed as a witch. Well done on the Christmas puds, I've got so much baking to do I dont know where to start. Thinking I may wait until I've stopped juggling the half term. I've been teaching Han how to play a scaled down version of black jack. She's getting quite good....beat John a few times too.
Explain that to me Joan, I'm dense. You bought this years xmas puddings a year ago? Does that mean you pick them up now, or they have been in a freezer, or? :huh:
Bill some of the 'use by dates' on Christmas puddings run for about a year or so depending what is in them, and yes freezing them will also prolong their life. Alcohol also prolongs the shelf life of certain bakes too, a lot of people use the top tier of their fruit wedding cake as a christening cake as they freeze it until they require it.
Mine is the long date, the ones I bought from the Co-op yesterday have until April 2015. The ones I bought last year which I'll be using this Christmas have until April 2014.
As there is only the 2 of us I buy the small individual ones which are big enough for us to have one each. The next size you can buy would be too big and a waste.
They have alcohol in them which is probably why they have a good date.
I have been 'out of the office' today and mainly stuck in motorway delays and then trying to make up time by going the scenic route, unfortunately everyone else had the same idea!
My day didn't go according to plan, however, it was a good one and I still managed to get a few things done.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.