What's new

Today...what have you been up to? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The joys of being retired and really having a lazy day, well apart from preparing and cooking Sunday dinner.:p
 
Oh sounds like heaven, I have been missing the Sunday dinners but the bonus was we went out for tea today so it wasn't too bad. Hope you had a lovely dinner. :)
 
Well I got treated to dinner today, hubby over the weekend has been going on about fish and chips or battered sausage and chips, so that's what happened today.

There's a couple in the village that own a fish and chip van that parks outside the MoD training camp in Penally just down the road so hubby goes of to see if they were there tonight and comes back with 2 portions of large chips and large battered sausage, plus he had a portion of peas. :D

I really enjoyed it although couldn't eat it all so badger will have a good supper tonight when he comes to visit. :)
 
Funny you should say that Joan we nearly ended up with Chippy for tea, sounds delicious. Blimey I think I'll come round and sit in your garden if you're dishing out proper grub like that! :p
 
Funny you should say that Joan we nearly ended up with Chippy for tea, sounds delicious. Blimey I think I'll come round and sit in your garden if you're dishing out proper grub like that! :p

Usually they have to put up with cat biscuits but every other Friday they get mashed potato with a few peas added. There were 3 of them last night, 2 arguing over the chips and 1 on the bank picking up dropped bird seed.:D
 

201.gif
 
Usually they have to put up with cat biscuits but every other Friday they get mashed potato with a few peas added. There were 3 of them last night, 2 arguing over the chips and 1 on the bank picking up dropped bird seed.:D

Lol! Normal family life then :). Don't get me started on bird seed, his lordship is moaning about how much the birds are going through!
 
I've cut down a bit on the feeders from last year. I used to have feeders in the back garden but as we aren't in there as much and when we are we have to have the curtains drawn to block out the sun we can't see the birds there so this year just have them on the drive side outside the kitchen window.

There's a fat block holder, a peanut holder, 2 niger seed holders, a seed feeder, then a stand which holds another seed feeder, fat ball holder, water tray and a dish that I put suet pellets and mealworms in.

Then there's my own 2 cats and the stray that comes round a few times a day, the animals around here get better fed than me. :p
 
Lol! Dear me Joan you put us to shame we've only got a block one, peanut one and a seed one. It's great to see the birds though they all chirp at one another and constanly feed on them so at least they are being used. Badgers, birds, cats and the hubby that must keep you on your toes all day! Love the hair cut by the way, I'm just off to dry mine now. :)
 
Today has been interesting and informative, I have learned new things been given help and assistance and am currently reading new material. I also have lots of ideas whizzing round my head.

It is also a very beautiful May....day. :D
 
Lol! Dear me Joan you put us to shame we've only got a block one, peanut one and a seed one. It's great to see the birds though they all chirp at one another and constanly feed on them so at least they are being used. Badgers, birds, cats and the hubby that must keep you on your toes all day! Love the hair cut by the way, I'm just off to dry mine now. :)

The birds and animals are OK it's hubby that keeps me on my toes, also can't forget the fox that occasionally comes round.
It's nice though to look out the kitchen window and watch the birds, there's about 10 Goldfinches around, well that's the most we've counted in one go plus the Greenfinches and dozens of Chaffinches. Then there's the usual Blackbirds, Sparrows, Bluetits and Great Tits and Squirrels. Also we've got a pair of Sparrow Hawks that swoop in.

This is one of the fox that comes round.

IMAG0156.jpg
 
Wow Joan you're very brave taking a picture that close up, are you sure you're not Snow White or a Disney Princess with all these animals. I've no idea what birds come into the garden but Hannah loves it, she uses the binoculars and tries to guess what they are, if she doesn't know she looks them up. :D

Today has been very funny, with lots of giggles, who would of thought a hand Karcher could provide so much fun for everyone! :cool:

.....today has continued to be great... it has been one of those really HAPPY ones, full of laughter, help and kind words from other people. I am very grateful for days like these.

Today I have SMILED lots!!
 
Yes I know what you mean, Fridays aren't usually my best days but after paying a quick visit to the Today thread in sevenforums I haven't stopped smiling.

Never thought cleaning windows would be so much fun, Julian's having fun anyway.:D
 
It's been a long time since I have had a fun filled Friday with plenty of laughter. I'me evn trying to get my friend to buy a Karcher now, I even did a demo for her! :D I'm sure with your name Joan and our constant promotion of the product we should get something. :p

As for today I've been doing my write up and posting the pics from the Lowry Food Festival and doing my domestic duties whilst I'm child free!

......my hubby has also just taken me to the pictures to see Oblivion, the last movie we went to see was Avatar! It's been a while! Lol! :)
 
In this weather that sounds fab! Today I have finally seen the baby Doves that have been nesting in my sky dish! I didn't see them on the first flying expedition but I've still seen them. I'm not sure how they all fit in the nest but it obviously works for them!

DSCF1195.JPG
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top