What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no longer a car sitting outside my kitchen door. The person who came to look at it went home to transfer the money over and tax and insure the car then came back about 5 o'clock to pick it up and get the paperwork for it.

At least I haven't got the worry of trying to get rid of that and it depreciating all the while it stood there not moving. Son-in-law bought his charger gadget with them when they came on Tuesday and got it started and ticking over, it started first time today so it had held the charge.

I know what you mean about needing something to do all the time, I'm the same I can't just sit and do nothing, trouble is now I can't do the craft stuff I used to do as my hands won't let me they just cramp up too easily. I'm not too bad with knitting but I've just got so engrossed in the forums I belong too that I don't really have time to do that. I can't move as fast as I used to so everything takes longer for me to do as I have to keep stopping so I can breathe again.

I'm not going to say that's it as there still might be something that crops up but I think I've come out the end of the tunnel. :dizzy:

I spend most of my time online. I'm a Super Moderator on a Challenger forum. My hours are all screwed up as I stay up all night, sleep some get online for a while, go back to sleep, etc. It works for stay at home though. And mostly no one comes to the door, so that works too. Having worked from home, it's normal to be home all the time...mostly :)

A Guy

There is no longer a car sitting outside my kitchen door. The person who came to look at it went home to transfer the money over and tax and insure the car then came back about 5 o'clock to pick it up and get the paperwork for it.

At least I haven't got the worry of trying to get rid of that and it depreciating all the while it stood there not moving. Son-in-law bought his charger gadget with them when they came on Tuesday and got it started and ticking over, it started first time today so it had held the charge.

I know what you mean about needing something to do all the time, I'm the same I can't just sit and do nothing, trouble is now I can't do the craft stuff I used to do as my hands won't let me they just cramp up too easily. I'm not too bad with knitting but I've just got so engrossed in the forums I belong too that I don't really have time to do that. I can't move as fast as I used to so everything takes longer for me to do as I have to keep stopping so I can breathe again.

I'm not going to say that's it as there still might be something that crops up but I think I've come out the end of the tunnel. :dizzy:

That's fabulous news on both counts, one for the sale and the fact that it also held its charge.

As for filling your time, you know what suits you best so if dipping in and out of lots of forums keeps you happy and connected then so be it. I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge with knitting and crafts so even if you can't physically do it you can still impart your wisdom which really is the next best thing. Plus it keeps you busy too which staves off the boredom.

I decided to jot a few notes and ideas down yesterday in between Han doing PE in my office and sounding like she's coming through the ceiling. This morning they're having a quiz, and she's been shouting at the PC for the last 20 minutes because someone is beating her! 🤣 Well, at least she sounds like she's having fun up there.

From my notes, I did a few drawings (I can't draw for toffee) but I have a few ideas of things I can do for the site which won't take me ages and look quite effective. I have some other ideas too, but I still need to order more things before doing those.

I spend most of my time online. I'm a Super Moderator on a Challenger forum. My hours are all screwed up as I stay up all night, sleep some get online for a while, go back to sleep, etc. It works for stay at home though. And mostly no one comes to the door, so that works too. Having worked from home, it's normal to be home all the time...mostly :)

A Guy

Ooh, a petrolhead site, I bet you've posted tons on there and seen some fabulous custom rides.

Seeing as most of us don't know what day it is anymore, the intermittent sleeping and posting shouldn't be a problem. It gets you talking, integrating and muddling through so why not. We're all doing things differently at the minute anyway.

Have you not been ordering lots of stuff online while being at home or managing to get out or some exercise? We need to go out for a walk today because we've been in for two days, but at the minute I'm hoping it warms up a little because it's currently -2 outside. :snowflake::snowman:

@thomaseg1 I'm glad your hands are doing okay. Have you been making anything tasty of late?

Told you things could still pop up, had an email from a legal firm working for Hitachi. They'd obviously read some of the email exchanges and wanted to know the state of the estate. Of course I answered to tell them there was no estate so then they wanted copies of the funeral costs and a bank statement.
I'm waiting to hear back from them but as it's the weekend don't expect to hear anything till next week, typical, pity they weren't as quick when I was asking questions and trying to get things resolved.

Been ordering some books and a DVD for my daughter, it's her 40th birthday at the beginning of February, although I've been ordered to not say Happy to her or buy her flowers as they die. I can understand her thinking and will follow her wishes, I had got it in mind to have a bouquet sent to her on her birthday.

It was our wedding anniversary on the 10th of December, 44 years, not the best one I've had.

I'm trying to have a wind-down day today, although I can't see that lasting long as I've still got loads of stuff to sort out, my thinking is I can't just leave it as I don't know how long I'll have to wait before being offered a new home and I don't want to have to do it all in a short time frame.

I need to stop ordering! Except I’ve just seen something on my list that I didn’t order! Could you not order her a Moth Orchid or Peace Lily instead as they don’t die? Or are you ordering online for them to be sent to her?

Wow 44 years! May I ask why you married in December? Was it due to some kind of Anniversary or did you just want a winter wedding?

As for the sorting the more you do the less you have to do and as long as you keep chipping away at it you’re making progress. That‘s the usual order of things though you think you have time to do stuff and then it is all systems go. Have you seen anything on the house front yet?

@thomaseg1, you take care of yourself. I’m sure your wife will sort the hot pans out for the time being.

Wow 44 years! May I ask why you married in December? Was it due to some kind of Anniversary or did you just want a winter wedding?

As for the sorting the more you do the less you have to do and as long as you keep chipping away at it you’re making progress. That‘s the usual order of things though you think you have time to do stuff and then it is all systems go. Have you seen anything on the house front yet?

No anniversary just the fact that my divorce from my first husband had taken a year to be final because of children being involved and he'd split them up taking the boy but leaving the girl with me.
It was absolute at the end of November and we got a special licence to get married quicker rather than wait any longer.
Nothing on the house front yet, it could take up to a year or more, but it could be quicker it depends on how soon an old peoples property becomes available and how many want one at the time, plus how far up the ladder I am.
As for sorting the stuff out I know what you mean, we are making progress and at least once I clean a spot it stays clean now. 😂

Yikes! 😮

Aww, so we have a few cleaned areas then, that's good! Little by little, you'll get it done. I do hope they find you something lovely, but I know it can be a bit of a lottery.

We're currently working through homework she's got for this week. We're hoping if she gets it all done, she'll have a clear week. We have done most of it we're just doing the final bits of revision before her test tomorrow.

Glad to hear Hannah is getting on well with her schoolwork, it must be hard for the older students especially those who have exams due.

We’re not quite sure what will go on with her exams but neither does anyone else either. All the kids are in the same boat so no matter what going forward potential employers will know the plight the pandemic has had. To be honest though she’s taken to this home-schooling really well and seems to enjoy it so I have that to be thankful for. I’m sure she will do well no matter what happens.

Shopping today and no substitutions this week, whoop whoop.

@thomaseg1, that’s great spending time with your daughter while your wife inoculates the soldiers! That’s fabulous. 😍

It was one of the regular drivers who brought my groceries on Friday and we were both thrilled when he got my chilled stuff out, everything had good dates and most of all my cream cakes were the right way up in the boxes, which meant I didn't get chocolate eclairs with the chocolate stuck to the boxes or the trays they're packed in, yippee.
The only sub was a box of cat food and was acceptable so a good weeks shopping.

I did my every 2 weeks shopping today at 5am :) They had steak in a Value Pack for $2.66 a pound! 3.5 lb package so my freezer has 7 servings of steak now :)

A Guy

Went to the farm Saturday and got 3 lbs. of butter and a four lbs. cheese.
Had a leg of lamb so I got that with my bacon and milk too.
gonna cook up the lamb Friday.

Well, my peppers were in the box this week, and the eggs were fine. Usually, the peppers end up halfway around the shopping bag, and we get one egg that may be cracked, but overall I'm happy. We will have to go to the farm shop soon though as I've run out of sausages and I think John wants to get another turkey crown for the slow cooker. We buy the sausage in bulk and freeze them. For most things, we go to the local butchers, but we really like these other sausages, so we always stock up.

I'm making spaghetti bolognese for tea tonight.

I've not decided what I'm having tonight yet, I'll see what takes my fancy when I open the freezer door. 😂

The weather is not good today, it was quite windy during the night and it's still windy but very grey and raining, starting to get a bit of a lake on the driveway, we have been warned about the storm heading our way especially the high rainfall that is forecast on top of the already soaked ground. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back