What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bill so am I, at times I felt like I was drowning in it, still got a big job clearing out all his paperwork and the stuff he bought but never used and I think that's a worse job than the financial stuff. :scream:

Meanwhile, over in Blighty, today's headlines are...Tea or Coffee that is the question? Husband makes Nespresso coffee, and whilst talking with his wife adds a tea bag instead of sugar! 🤣 #makesmelaugh
Goes to show that he should cut back on the sugar :)
BTW Nespresso coffee is very good so the wife forgave me buying one that John turned me on to.

Fabulous! He said he'd mentioned it to you and that you were off to buy one. I'm glad you're both enjoying it. John got told off when he bought his because he's taken over space in my kitchen. I do love the smell of it even though I don't drink it.

Thanks Bill so am I, at times I felt like I was drowning in it, still got a big job clearing out all his paperwork and the stuff he bought but never used and I think that's a worse job than the financial stuff. :scream:

I'm glad you're making headway Joan, I can only imagine all the stuff you have to go through. I hope you find some things along the way that make you smile though. Either that or build a massive bonfire! 🤣 Ooh actually scrap that you could start a shop on eBay and make a mint.

Rest day today, well I say that I still have all the domestic stuff to do, but at least I can hoover and talk today without getting told off from Han that I'm too loud. the joys of home-schooling! :D

I've got nowhere here I can make a bonfire though Angie, I've been putting quite a bit of paperwork through the shredders. Kelly and Peter have been putting stuff online for me to sell, quite a bit I will put on Freecycle and they'll have some of the shelving for their shed.

I take it you're talking about pod coffee machines Angie? I have 2 of them and an ordinary filter coffee machine. I've retired the filter machine for the time being since Johns death and have put one of my pod machines back into use, I only make myself a proper coffee after my main meal of the day, I always have double cream with it as well and no I don't make Irish coffee as I don't have any whisky in it, or any spirits for that matter. 😂

1610273926993.png

I've got nowhere here I can make a bonfire though Angie, I've been putting quite a bit of paperwork through the shredders. Kelly and Peter have been putting stuff online for me to sell, quite a bit I will put on Freecycle and they'll have some of the shelving for their shed.

I take it you're talking about pod coffee machines Angie? I have 2 of them and an ordinary filter coffee machine. I've retired the filter machine for the time being since Johns death and have put one of my pod machines back into use, I only make myself a proper coffee after my main meal of the day, I always have double cream with it as well and no I don't make Irish coffee as I don't have any whisky in it, or any spirits for that matter. 😂

Ooh, you guys sound really organised with sorting. I'm glad you've got help doing it that way it doesn't become an arduous task. Hopefully, now you'll be able to sort through things much quicker, and I'm sure the freecycle people will enjoy the things you're getting rid of too.

Yes, the pod coffee machines Joan, I don't use it, but I love the smell of it. John makes a few of them throughout the day, but I'm on de-caff tea in the morning, and that's it, then I'm on water. Double cream hey, you are posh. 🙂

@A Guy - I had to Google the Flowbee but hey what a fab idea! I bet they've been flying off the shelves in lockdown. I might have to invest in one for John at this rate. 🤣

I had to Google Flowbee as well Angie, I'd never heard of it before.

What machine does John have, mine are the Nescafe Dolce Gusto pod machines. The cream is to take the bitter taste away without making it sweet. I've tried some of the different pods and some are too sweet for me and I've settled on Grande Mild and Americano Smooth morning, I use them alternatively.

I drink instant coffee during the day, I don't drink tea, I drink water to take my medication and that's it. :)

The Flowbee was one of those "As seen on TV" items back in the late 80's, kind of a running joke

A Guy

Well maybe not so funny now, probably every man and his dog may be ordering one. 🤣

I had to Google Flowbee as well Angie, I'd never heard of it before.

What machine does John have, mine are the Nescafe Dolce Gusto pod machines. The cream is to take the bitter taste away without making it sweet. I've tried some of the different pods and some are too sweet for me and I've settled on Grande Mild and Americano Smooth morning, I use them alternatively.

I drink instant coffee during the day, I don't drink tea, I drink water to take my medication and that's it. :)

It's a Nespresso Alto machine, John has the Alto Intenso green capsules, he does have a batch of others to try, but he seems to like those at the minute. I don't drink it; I just love the smell of it.

Morning all! :) I'm feeling a little tired today due to broken sleep, so I'm wondering how many things I'll actually do here today. I have a few things to write up about, but my creative streak is a little bit snoozy at the moment. 😴

Lol! Yeah, but my feet would get cold if I did that. We try and get out each day if the weather is okay to give Han some outside time, but it's been raining all day, so we're staying in. My creative streak hasn't appeared yet either.

Think Sesame Street GIF

It's OK to give it a rest now and then Angie, no-one expects you to be creative all the time. :loveit:

Your snoozy feeling is my normal most days, although I will say I'm starting to get a bit more sleep each night now I'm not so stressed. I just have to find a buyer for the car and for Hitachi to tell me they've written off the rest owing to them and that is that as far as the financial side of things.

Just have to get rid of all the stuff he kept buying but never used and his desktop computer.

I have this tank (Hand bath) which heats up paraffin and mineral oil.
very hot , you dip your hands in several times to get several layers
of coating then keep your hands in for about 20 minutes.
the heat goes straight to the bone and the inflammation and swelling
goes down alot.
Had to do it this morning as my knuckles looked like dwarf tomatoes
(same color too) . look almost normal now.

It's OK to give it a rest now and then Angie, no-one expects you to be creative all the time. :loveit:

Your snoozy feeling is my normal most days, although I will say I'm starting to get a bit more sleep each night now I'm not so stressed. I just have to find a buyer for the car and for Hitachi to tell me they've written off the rest owing to them and that is that as far as the financial side of things.

Just have to get rid of all the stuff he kept buying but never used and his desktop computer.

I know, but I find it hard being restless. 🤔 I have lots of ideas for things to do, but I can't seem to get them off the ground yet because I'm constantly desk hopping and getting interrupted, so my workflow has gone out of the window. I should enjoy the rest, but I like being productive. 👩‍🏫 I did sleep last night though which was good.

I'm so glad you're sleeping more and are feeling less stressed. I'm sure you'll find a buyer for the car in no time. It's a shame they can't just take it back and save you the hassle of the sale, but you'll get there.

How's the freecycle and online sales going?

I've managed 185 days without being creative :D

A Guy

Lol! After all the stuff with house renovations, I was hoping to get back on track with the site and baking, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Have you taken up any hobbies or are you just enjoying the rest? This must be weird for you too because you were constantly on the go.

I have this tank (Hand bath) which heats up paraffin and mineral oil.
very hot , you dip your hands in several times to get several layers
of coating then keep your hands in for about 20 minutes.
the heat goes straight to the bone and the inflammation and swelling
goes down alot.
Had to do it this morning as my knuckles looked like dwarf tomatoes
(same color too) . look almost normal now.

Aww bless, I remember you saying you've used this before, are your hands playing havoc with you again because of the weather?

Last edited:
I know, but I find it hard being restless. 🤔 I have lots of ideas for things to do, but I can't seem to get them off the ground yet because I'm constantly desk hopping and getting interrupted, so my workflow has gone out of the window. I should enjoy the rest, but I like being productive. 👩‍🏫 I did sleep last night though which was good.

I'm so glad you're sleeping more and are feeling less stressed. I'm sure you'll find a buyer for the car in no time. It's a shame they can't just take it back and save you the hassle of the sale, but you'll get there.

How's the freecycle and online sales going?

Lol! After all the stuff with house renovations, I was hoping to get back on track with the site and baking, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Have you taken up any hobbies or are you just enjoying the rest? This must be weird for you too because you were constantly on the go.

Aww bless, I remember you saying you've used this before, are your hands playing havoc with you again because of the weather?

Yes, but feeling better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back