What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But mine was a savoury one Bill, with diced minted potatoes, peas and beans and of course you can't have fish without the parsley sauce. I had Apple and Blackberry crumble and custard to follow. :)

I like fish, most meat I've tried as well, there's not a lot I don't like given the chance to eat it, but I do know that since losing John I've eaten a much more varied and healthier diet and it's all with thanks to Wiltshire Farmfoods.

Trouble is I'm not able to stand for long without support so trying to cook from scratch is out of the question plus the cost of trying out new meals for one would be too much.

Going the Farmfoods way is saving me money while letting me eat well plus cuts down on the washing up, I don't have a dishwasher to do it for me. :)

The dessert sounds good :) I don't like fish...I'm an oddball

A Guy

I'm with you; I can't stand it either. Tuna from a can at a push, but one smell of cooked fish and I'm like Ewwww!

You can live in hope but I wouldn't bet on it. 🤣

I had a quiet day and even though I was awake to see the new year in I was in bed reading a book on my Kindle, the cats kept me company though, Willow on the end of the bed and Sooty curled up in the hall.

Done my accounts today finishing off one year and starting a new one, I changed my bank account as well yesterday, I don't need one with benefits that I can't use so that'll save me a bit of money not having to pay a monthly fee.

I'm now going to get my dinner sorted out, I'll have the fishcake dinner tonight I think, not sure what pudding I'll have yet though. 😂

I'm glad the cats are making their presence known and keeping you company, and I'm really impressed to hear about all these luscious meals you're still eating too. 🙂

At the minute with the Butcher's shut, we're trying to cobble together what meals we can until the shopping comes and we can start getting some proper meat again.

As for the accounts I've no idea where I'm up to with them, and Han's going to be taking over my office shortly with home-schooling, so it's going to be fun trying to juggle work on the site, and accounts while she's at home. 🙈

We've stayed in today and been revising again. Now it's time to check out what those two are up to in my kitchen!

image.png

A Guy

Making you something nice to eat maybe. 🤣
Making a mess more like. 🤣

@A Guy, I hope you're all stocked up on loo roll. :D

We've been sorting out my office today for Han to use as her home-schooling base, which leaves the kitchen table for my office and her homework. I'm so hoping she still does this Chemistry test as we've been revising for ages. I'm that good I could probably attempt it now. 👩‍🏫

John's currently watching Bo-Jo on the news to see when Han will likely return to school. She's starting back home-schooling tomorrow and should be back mid-Jan, but I'm thinking that she won't be going back to at least Feb if she's lucky.

...yep we're currently looking at at least Feb before she returns.

Now to look at ways to stay motivated and keep her happy, well I'm not teaching her, so that's probably one thing she's going to be happy about. 😂

I think I saw something that said they would be closed until February, the middle I think.

Yeah, he announced it last night, but I'm not surprised. Han's currently in my office as we speak, it sounds much better than our home-schooling though. We were like Punch and Judy, but I can hear her laughing up there, so that's definitely a good sign. 😍

The start to the day has been a bit out of sync, firstly I forgot what a school day starts like, and forgot to have a morning brew, then Han managed to get online for registration and then couldn't get into her first class. I've had to disconnect the echo so that she doesn't get any announcements and I've left my notepad on the desk in my office that I need but hey better than that we're all systems a go-go. :D

Glad I don't have to do it, Kelly's got 3 of them all at different stages of education. :scream:

I know, are Kelly's kids managing to get online lessons from school? I don't know how that would work with there being 3 of them. I'm assuming headphones would be essential.

Han even got homework yesterday! :D

Today's tasks are, finish the accounts, fire off some emails, wait for my amazon delivery and hopefully go for a walk if it gets above -2. It's weird not having my office; I wonder if I'm actually hot desking from John's office to the kitchen table. 😂

@A Guy, what are you managing to do to keep yourself occupied?

Yes her lot do get lessons from their schools and feedback at how well they are doing. At the moment though she wouldn't be able to send the 2 youngest as the driver who brings them back from school has had his letter to self-isolate because of his health issues. The eldest can just walk to school.

At the moment the car is being valeted ready for me to sell it, he did want to move it into the sun where it was warmer but the battery is flat so it's not going anyway for now. 😂

That's good at least it's something, any form of school interaction is an absolute godsend.

Today has been exciting for me too, I've been playing post office with my cake scales, and there was no queue either (fancy that). 🤣 I've finally used my guillotine on Han's Artwork, and I've had to crawl on my hands and knees across my office floor so that I wasn't in the camera shot while I got some stuff out of the stationery cupboard. So not a bad day so far, off to post my letters shortly.

Ooh valeted, is that one of those that come to your door? Aww, bless him, I bet he's freezing! I know what you mean about the battery though, we really need to take the cars out soon just to put some charge in them.

Need to find Han now as she's late for dinner. 🤔

Me? I watch so called "Patriots" riot and attack the Capitol...egged on by a seditious President. Just the usual...

A Guy

Meanwhile, over in Blighty, today's headlines are...Tea or Coffee that is the question? Husband makes Nespresso coffee, and whilst talking with his wife adds a tea bag instead of sugar! 🤣 #makesmelaugh

Last edited:
I take it that was John. 🤣 Well the final financial piece was put in place today with a letter about his annuity and a phone call from me to the Works and Pension department and everything is all sorted out.

Just sell the car, which according to someone who saw it after it had been cleaned looked like new inside and out and I should have no problems selling it.

I'm finally feeling less stressed, but it bit more emotional but think the light at the end of the tunnel has got bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back