What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Storm Bella Angie, some places in Wales had 83 miles an hour winds. It's not quite as bad now the trees around me have been cut down, although there are still the ash trees between me and my neighbour going down the drive, they are higher than the bungalow. I was still stressed though being on my own during it, luckily I didn't lose power.
Today is a lot calmer and we've had sunshine, but a lot colder brrrrr it did start to rain again later on. :eyeroll:

Sounds nice, hope you have your veg with that, think I might have a turkey dinner today. :)

I think there is some celery in the stuffing :D
@A Guy, I hope your dinner was lovely, have you managed to get out and see your Mum yet?
I'll go see her Wednesday. I didn't go last time as I have some sort of sinus infection, and with the Black Plague about, didn't want to chance it

A Guy

I don't think celery in the stuffing would count as eating your veg with that chicken. 🤣

Hope you manage to see your Mum on Wednesday Bill and she's had a nice Christmas. :loveit:

I suddenly thought yesterday, I've never lived on my own before. :what:

@A Guy Celery in stuffing? I don't do stuffing, but if that's how you get your veg, who am I to say anything about it. 😂

When's it Wednesday? I don't know what day it is anymore! Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time seeing her. Are you still having fabulous weather? Please send pictures as I have no idea what blue skies and the sea actually look like anymore or if they still exist. 🤣

@Joan Han asked John and me the other day whether we had lived on our own, I haven't, but John has. Have you got any more further with your housing application to move closer to Kelly yet or is that on hold due to the weather, whoa what am I on about I mean Christmas, I'm such a numpty brain. :D

So nothing exciting today, back to revision with Han although she will not be returning to school in Jan if the news is correct, we've been for a walk, and I'm still waiting for my Amazon delivery but other than that nothing else to report.

There is no knowing how long I'll have to wait before getting a place nearer to Kelly, there haven't been any properties in Tenby in the last couple of weeks lists. It could be months it could be years, it's just a case of bidding on anything that comes up and is suitable but if there is someone on the housing list higher up than me they will get it, it tends to be a quite popular location and they don't come up that often. We do know that there is an old peoples bungalow that will be on the list soon as we both knew the person who has just died but it's as I say the luck of the draw.
There's a lot to get rid of before I'd be able to move anyway John was such a hoarder, buying stuff that he never used or even really wanted, but according to him he did. :eyeroll:

I'm a carnivore, veggies are only an afterthought if in the main dish :) The stuffing is from a package

Which I was never a big fan of because when cooked as directions on the package is too dry for me. I love the moist stuffing that comes out of a turkey. But then I found a recipe for Chicken and Stuffing for a slow cooker

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can water
1/2 cup sour cream
Mix together, add the box of stuffing
Cooking spray inside slow cooker, 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, pour the stuffing on top. 2 1/2 hours on low...yum. Nice , rich tasting moist stuffing and a moist chicken breast. Makes 3 meals for this single guy :)

A Guy

Sounds nice but I'd still want some veg and potatoes, either roast or mashed plus gravy. :)

When I was living larger I had mashed potatoes and gravy...but now I just have that...30 lbs and still off :D

A Guy

::chuckle::
I only diet when I was force to by the Doc to see what effect it would have.
I eat about anything and hover around 205 to 208 pounds (5 foot 11 inches).
Alice could clear out a Fridge in a day and still need a cinder block
tied to her leg so she wouldn't fly away.

I've never dieted, all my adult life I would hover around 9st. but I was nearly 5' 9" tall. I look bigger now because of the spine collapse, I've still got very long legs. I can eat anything, always have done. 😂

Sounds nice but I'd still want some veg and potatoes, either roast or mashed plus gravy. :)

Ooh yes, I love mash and roasters although I eat them separately. I'm just about to do roasters, and the oven is warming as we speak. I'm making Sunday Dinner on a Wednesday; I like mixing things up a bit. 🤣

Diets, no don't do them nor do I need to in fact I'm seriously in need of gaining a few pounds, but you don't see many options for that. Maybe I'm missing a trick here. 🤔

Same old same old again today revision, walk, tv and now chill time.

How are you guys mixing it up? I think we should start a quiz or something or start some more games because at this rate we're going to need them. 😂

Off to make tea now, well put it in at least, if I stay on here I mess all my timings up!

Last edited:
Potatoes with veggie, eaten usually mashed with corn mixed in.

oooh the grocery store had a Key Lime Pie (real not that artificial one)
worth the 7 dollar price tag. :)

I had Plaice tonight with boiled potatoes and peas and I mixed up some parsley sauce to go with it, followed by Summer Fruits crumble and custard.

Well if it's keeping you healthy then that's all that matters. :)

We had Steak and Chips tonight for tea; It's snowed really heavily in the night too, so everything was white this morning when I opened the curtains.

I debated about taking the tree down today, but I think I'll leave it until tomorrow. I broke my little Christmas tree before and asked John if we had any super glue to put it back together. He thought I was on about the big Christmas Tree, and not my cake decorations. I'm not quite sure how you can stick a 6ft tree back together with superglue but anyway. 🤣

Thank you. :)

I'm still not quite sure what day it is albeit it's now January. I've taken the tree down this morning, put my sitting room back together and went for a nice walk with Han. I've also had a catch up with my bestie over facetime, so that was nice. Now off to make some food for the family. If I hideout for a bit I wonder if they'll make their own. 🤔

You can live in hope but I wouldn't bet on it. 🤣

I had a quiet day and even though I was awake to see the new year in I was in bed reading a book on my Kindle, the cats kept me company though, Willow on the end of the bed and Sooty curled up in the hall.

Done my accounts today finishing off one year and starting a new one, I changed my bank account as well yesterday, I don't need one with benefits that I can't use so that'll save me a bit of money not having to pay a monthly fee.

I'm now going to get my dinner sorted out, I'll have the fishcake dinner tonight I think, not sure what pudding I'll have yet though. 😂

Odd, but if you like it...

9654a6a279b3073dafd71839d8ecf0cc.jpg

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back