What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Well we had the delivery this morning, one broken egg and nothing substituted so we’re good on that score. I’m not quite sure when our next one is and John’s been to the butcher’s today for meat supplies so other than revising with Han I think we’re now sorted.

I can’t believe it’s Christmas on Friday, I’ve sent the rest of my cards out by post but after hearing a postie on the radio the other day I’m not sure if they’re going to make it on time. If I get a good nights sleep tonight I can then decorate my cake with the supplies I was sent. Han will be doing more revision in the background. 😆

I'm hoping to watch Elf at some point. 🎄

I watched Elf the other day, I watched Dolittle this afternoon, the one with Robert Downey Jr.
Don't know why but I've felt very down today, not sure if it's the run-up to Christmas or what, spoke to Kelly at teatime and she said Caia said, tell Granny 3 more sleeps then it's Christmas and she's coming here for dinner. There'll be no chance of being miserable with her ladyship around.
I'm going to shut down for the night now and hope I get a bit more sleep tonight, see you all tomorrow. :)

Super lock down coming
You can't meet members of your family without hazmat suit .

Well my wife was hired as a paid volunteer for the Army med center here,(Retired Army nurse)
to cover shortages so when the vaccine gets there they will be ready for the solders.
Which means she is is in the 1st tier to receive it.
I'm in the 3rd tier so probably January or March.

I'm allowed to go to my daughters as I'm here on my own now and vulnerable, she is going to be my carer, plus she has said there is no way she is leaving me here on my own on Christmas day, for her and my mental healths sake.

I have 1 Daughter one Wife here, 1 Daughter, Son-in-law and Grandchild
in Virginia and 1 Daughter marooned in England.
Looks like a Skype Christmas.

My eldest daughter and her partner live in England, my eldest son and grandson he's 21, lives in England, my youngest son and his partner live up in Aberdeenshire, Scotland and my youngest daughter and husband with their 3 children live about 6 miles away in Tenby.

My eldest is 56 and the youngest is 40 in February next year, the eldest grandchild is 21 and the youngest is 6.
So mine are scattered about a bit. 😂

Last edited:
Hi Guys, sorry I haven't been about but things have a been a little hectic for the past few days. We managed to watch Elf today, we also watched Dolittle awhile ago.

I'm looking forward to the movie releases over the next few days too I hope you guys have a lovely Christmas and I'll speak to you all soon. 🎄

Off for some family time now. 😁

Have a good Christmas Angie, I'm looking forward to my Christmas dinner tomorrow, especially not having to cook it.
I'll probably be late getting here tomorrow but I'll pop in to say hi to you all so, for now, Merry Christmas to you all. :loveit: 🎅🎄

Merry Christmas all...stay safe!

funny-merry-christmas-2020-masked-santa-qwerty-designs.jpg

A Guy

Hi all, had a lovely time at Kelly's and a lovely Christmas dinner, my eldest son and grandson Facetimed us, there were tears but you couldn't stay miserable with Caia around, she did tell me I couldn't tell her off, only Mummy and Daddy could do that, I'd told her to clear some stuff up before fetching more out. Left my phone there, Kelly had put it on charge as I saw it was running a bit low and it was up on a shelf so I couldn't see it and forgot about it till I got home, oh well things happen apart from that I've had a good day.
Hope you've all had a good day. :loveit:

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, it was nice and relaxing and plenty to eat. Did you have a good day, what did you have to eat?

Hi all, had a lovely time at Kelly's and a lovely Christmas dinner, my eldest son and grandson Facetimed us, there were tears but you couldn't stay miserable with Caia around, she did tell me I couldn't tell her off, only Mummy and Daddy could do that, I'd told her to clear some stuff up before fetching more out. Left my phone there, Kelly had put it on charge as I saw it was running a bit low and it was up on a shelf so I couldn't see it and forgot about it till I got home, oh well things happen apart from that I've had a good day.
Hope you've all had a good day. :loveit:

That's great that you had a lovely time. I'm so pleased.

We had a pretty chilled out day and cooked the turkey in the slow cooker again. Nothing much to report except Han liked her presents.

Today has been another chill out day too, just movies and tv.

TV was on here and I'd hit the channel showing a rerun of Carry on Films then a bit later changed channels and got a rerun of Death in Paradise, I'm now on Animal Planet but going to make my cocoa.

It is horrible here it's blowing a gale and finding all the openings it can to sound even worse than it is, I hope it doesn't last much longer as it's a bit frightening. :scream:

Thanks Bill, it was nice and relaxing and plenty to eat. Did you have a good day, what did you have to eat?

Slow cooker Chicken breast and stuffing, I usually make it once every shopping period (2 weeks) :)

A Guy

We have watched Christmas Chronicles 2 and Soul, and then this morning we watched the Gogglebox 2020 episode along with our Sausage butties, at the minute we're on for more Chemistry revision. Still, we managed to get out for a little walk before.

I agree Joan the weather was absolutely howling the other night; John said it was the back end of some storm, but we could hear it all around the house!

@A Guy, I hope your dinner was lovely, have you managed to get out and see your Mum yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back