What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! summertime, well with slightly lower temperatures than that generally and it would be. :D

At present it's not as cold as it usually is this time of year but it's still cold as far as I'm concerned. :scream:

Yeah, we are getting a bit blustery although on Sunday the temperature started to rise up again.

So we've done the fireworks tonight, although I will say they were pitiful this year. :oops: We didn't get as many as we normally do but there wasn't a lot of fizz or sparkle. John said we would have had more fun with those cake candles that erupt when you light them. :lmao: The fireworks I can hear through the window at the minute sound fab. I say hear, they must be loud because I can only hear properly through one ear as the other one is all bunged up, I feel like I've had my head stuck under water and the water hasn't come out. :eyeroll:

We're also back on online food shopping again :D:D:D:D so we tried another delivery today, which we ordered yesterday, (just saying :wink:) I'm really impressed with everything they brought and the stuff had really good dates on it. Apparently, the driver was telling us it was picked by robots. :cool: So thank you Mr Robot you have saved me time and impulse buying around the store.

Now that I've finished with my friends cake things should start getting back to normal so I think this week after posting everything I need to on here I may start to make a Christmas list.....of what I'm getting other people that is. :D

Are you still cruising Bill? I assume you meant in your car with the wind in your hair and the tunes blaring away. :cool:

Last edited:
I def cruise with windows open and music thumping. Even when it's cold, heated seats and heat on, lol.

A Guy

Ha ha love it. :)

I drive around all year round with the window open in the car but I leave the tunes to a moderate level these days. It may get turned up a notch in the summer if something really good comes over the radio.

Hehe John still hasn't worked out how to work his media system on the new car, think it's got CD player, Bluetooth, Radio, he hasn't even worked out the clock yet and it's lucky he doesn't do any night time driving as he's only just found out what you have to use to dip the headlights.

That's the only problem with modern cars they are so full of technical gadgetry it can be a bit daunting for someone who's not that technically minded. :scream:

I went from a 1995 analog car with a cassette player to a 2016 digital car with an 8.4" touch screen. It does things I don't use (or need :) ). I sometimes miss the climate controls you just spun a knob, but otherwise, it's all good :)

jW0CI2l.jpg

KrpxlJ3.jpg

A Guy

Don't think the screen is as big as that on ours, I'd have to go out and look to know, I don't go in it. One good thing on it is the sensors at the back so when you're reversing they bleep to let you know how close you are to things, the faster the bleep the closer you are to the object. It's a 2012 Fiat Punto, I mean even the darn key does more than just lock and unlock the doors and start the thing. :dizzy:

Yeah, rear sensors, and rear view backup camera too, although I still mostly look over my shoulder and the mirrors until I get close

A Guy

The beeping reversing sensors drive me crazy on the small car, I think they can actually be a hindrance rather than a help sometimes. I too still have problems with the gadgets in the car. I went to pick Han up the other day and managed to fog all the windows up in the car. After faffing with the controls for five mins we ended up driving home with the windows down so we could see where we going because I couldn't shift it. :lmao:

No just cooled the car down with the epic breeze flowing in at 30MPH. Still haven't sussed it. :lmao::lmao:

John just said about his, you've got some controls for the lights on the steering wheel and there are others on the dash where the menu is and hitting that you get everything, most of it you don't want. :eyeroll:

I heard on the news today that there were fires in California but didn't know just where it was, hope they get it sorted out soon Bill, you take care.

It's so sad about the fires and people losing their lives and homes. :crys: I hope they get it under control soon, bless them, the fire teams and first responders must be working on overdrive! Here's hoping everyone can stay safe. :praying:

@A Guy, that is a very smoky picture, I'm sure there is a very sombre mood to go with it. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back