What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've not had any storms around here, well I've not seen or heard any. No thunder or lightning just plenty of rain, which is desperately needed. ☹️

1.jpg

:oops:

A Guy

Wow! too much for me, I'd really struggle with anything near those temperatures.

I've been for my latest Covid jab today, it was the Moderna one this time, which I believe is a combination of several of them. All the others I've had were Pfizer. No reaction to this one either, well not so far. :eyeroll:

You got the updated booster then? They are good for the original strain and the Omicron variants, including BA.4 and BA.5. I see where scientists may have isolated the part needed to cover any further strains so it can become like the flu shot. I'll be getting mine soon, they had paused boosters waiting for the update

A Guy

I'm glad you guys are getting boosters and getting covered.

Slightly overcast here today, no rain and a little windy. Doing cake stuff later and then probably a movie tonight.

Hi all,

weather here some cloud, some sun and some rain…typical English day 🌦

just practicing with new cake tins, I brought two 6inch ones. Making orange flavour sponge, may practice my butter icing, perhaps icing orange fading to white, that sort of thing. May even try some more chocolate work.

we also picked our apples yesterday so have those to prep, then tonight watch a forged in fire and Nashville.

Hi Jennie

Lol! Yes, a normal English day! Your kitchen will smell amazing later. 👩‍🍳

What tins did you buy? Good luck with the orange ombre effect and chocolate work. Are you going to make goodies with the apples? I've never watched Forged in Fire, although I am partial to an episode of Nashville. I did start to re-watch the whole thing a while ago but stopped again.

Hi Angie,

I brought precook 6” non stick springform tins. I’ll post a picture if it turns out 😂

I thought I would just peel, cook and freeze the apples ready to use for apples pies later on.

quick question if I ice the cake on a turn table to save the cake board getting icing all over it how do I transfer to the cake board without damaging the cake, or do I just be really careful in icing..

If I ever swap boards I get two large carving knives, slide them under the cake then move it. Or you could use a spatula. This should limit any damage.

If you want to do it on the board cut some strips of parchment and place them on the board. Put the cake on top, ice with buttercream them pull them out one by one carefully. This will keep the board clean. Either the knife spatula or this option is fine. There's also such a thing as a cake lifter. They're on amazon.

Off doing cake stuff now so be around later.

Lol! It took me ages to remember what it was called. In all honesty, I don't know why I don't have one because it would probably save me time and stress and make life so much easier when moving a cake. But I usually just grab the first thing to hand.

Improv at its finest.:lmao:

Lol! I've just ordered circle cutters now; see, you're a bad influence. :lmao: I need them for Han's cake though so I'm not just buying for the sake of it. I've been busy creating her cake topper today. It's not usually what she would have gone for, but I told her she was having it. I've also agreed to make her another themed cake when she passes her driving test. That was the trade-off for this one. :star:

Who you calling a bad influence. :lmao:

Here's hoping that she passes. Has she started having lessons?

I had that one for my winter jab, all the rest had been the Pfizer which had caused no reaction at all so I wondered just what would happen when I had a different one. Again, there was no reaction so I must be one of the lucky ones, I know Kelly had problems with her arm when she had a different jab to the others she'd had.

I've now had 5 Covid jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back