What's new

Lowry Outlet Food Festival 2013 (1 Viewer)

This weekend is the first-ever Lowry Outlet Food Festival which has something for everybody and is FREE entry. With food, cakes, wine and live music, I will certainly be checking it out.

lowry food.jpg

I have also discovered that they offer live demos and food tips by Celebrity chefs.

Gino D'Acampo is there on Saturday 4th May.
James Martin will be there Sunday 5th May.
Paul Hollywood will be there on Monday 6th May!

Although you will have to buy tickets for £7.00 if you would like to see them.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun, a nice set of chefs for the demo's I like to watch them all. :)

I hope so, I only found out about it today so have made plans to attend. It's the first one so will be good to see what they have to offer. :) Gino makes me laugh and Paul Hollywood is great. :wink:

Oh yes Gino makes me laugh, he does love himself so. :p

I've only ever seen Paul on the British Bake shows so haven't seen him actually work. :)

I've been to the food festival today with Hannah, she has taken all the pictures from the event and I will do a write up shortly. :D

Well it was slightly colder than we expected even though the sun was shining and after the delayed tram finally appeared (it was the longest 1 minute I have ever had to wait :eyeroll:) we were finally on our way. Hannah had already requested photography duty so all I had to do was steer her round the sea of people and see what items people were selling on the stalls.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the tallest Chef we have ever seen (he was on stilts), he was great fun and was happy to strike a pose for Han's pictures. After the photo opportunity we then went and had a look round.

Firstly we came across Camp Cooks who were a bunch of very elegant and hard working ladies
:wink: we did get a few side view pictures however, they kindly posed for Hannah after she requested a photo. There were plenty of stalls that sold everything from, spices, fudge, pies, sweets, jams, to handbags and pots so there was something for everybody. They also had live music, alcohol and a Gazebo for the Celebrity Chef lessons and of course the Police were on hand to ensure everybody was safe and having a good time. :D

The food stalls were situated outside the Lowry Theatre and the Live music, Chef Live Demo's and the Bar Bus were situated outside the BBC section.

Here are some of the pictures that Hannah has taken; she was at a great height to get up close and personal pictures!

Tallest Chef:
Food Festival (2).JPG

These are the gorgeous Camp Cook ladies looking very glamourous: :plead:
Food Festival (4).JPG Food Festival (51).JPG

Churros:
Food Festival (9).JPG Food Festival (10).JPG

What a beautiful colour arrangement of macaroons:
Food Festival (13).JPG

Fabulous pies, love the wooden pigs on the counter and check out the fudge form Kringles Fudge Island!
Food Festival (14).JPG Food Festival (18).JPG

We didn't manage to get everybody's names but we did get to see quite a lot of what was on offer.
:plead:

Food Festival (24).JPG Food Festival (21).JPG

Food Festival (22).JPG Food Festival (27).JPG

Food Festival (29).JPG Food Festival (34).JPG

Hannah devoured one of these cookies! :)
Food Festival (37).JPG Food Festival (38).JPG

This lovely lady was from Maryannes Bakes and Preserves and happily posed for a photo for us. :plead:
Food Festival (43).JPG Food Festival (41).JPG

Food Festival (50).JPG

These were some of the stalls near the BBC section:

Food Festival (54).JPG

This was made me giggle as Hannah had drawn a picture of her own lemonade stand a few days before: :plead:

Food Festival (55).JPG Food Festival (56).JPG

I even took a picture of where The Voice is being hosted.

Food Festival (59).JPG

This is a picture of Hannah as a memento of her day here, she then went on a mission taking pictures of the Bar Bus, Live Music Acts and even the policeman who happily obliged for her.

Food Festival (63).JPG Food Festival (64).JPG

Food Festival (65).JPG Food Festival (66).JPG

Food Festival (67).JPG

Albeit this was on a much smaller scale than the Cake and Bake show and we missed Gino :( we did manage to have a nice afternoon as there was lots of things to see and plenty of things to buy. I'm assuming if they do it again next year it will most likely be on a slightly larger scale, but for now we shall have to wait and see.

A wonderful set of photo's well done Hannah. Glad you both had a good time, it looks as if it was worth the visit. :D

Great photo's:) visited the food festival today with my Mum, had a good time, loved looking at all the stalls and enjoyed sampling the Churros mmmm:)

Thanks Linda I'm glad you had a great time, we saw the Churros but didn't try any, Hannah devoured one of those large cookies though and the only freebie we sampled was some Brownie. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back