What's new

Lowry Outlet - MediaCity Food Festival - Salford 2nd May - 4th May 2015 (1 Viewer)

Roll up, roll up, yes you've guessed it it's that time of year again when the Artisan markets return, the baking tents are put up and Paul Hollywood makes a return to sunny Salford.

This year's event will take place on Saturday 2nd May 2015 - Monday 4th May 2015 and even better Gok Wan will be making an appearance on Saturday. :D

Gok Wan.JPG Paul hollywood.JPG

So if you fancy some food, fun and frolics then check out the Food Festival this weekend, for full details of what's on offer then please click here: Lowry Outlet Food Festival

Last edited:
[map]Lowry Outlet, The Quays, Salford Quays, Salford, M50 3AH[/map]

Have you been today Angie ? I see James Martin is there, I watch him every weekend on Saturday kitchen and on Sunday for the best bites. I bet Gok and Paul would be great to see. :)

If it's nice weather tomorrow Joan then Han and I may stop by, I would like to have a nosey and it was really good last year but the weather is very chilly and rainy at the moment so we will have to wait and see. Han wants to take her pictures though so she may talk me into it.

Yes we did end up going, it was quite busy and we tried a few goodies. Han got lots of pictures so I'll post them on when I get a sec.

Glad you got to go, I've been looking at photo's this morning Kelly went to her friends wedding yesterday, well they all did. They've been friend for 18 years.

Ooh sounds lovely Joan, for a minute there I thought you meant she was at the Festival!

Here are some of the goodies we saw and bought on the day!

Lowry Food Festival (14).JPG

Lowry Food Festival (15)-001.JPG Lowry Food Festival (65).jpg

These were the delicious Marshmallows that were on offer at the Festival, I bought the Bakewell Marshmallows which were absolutely dreamy, I also have to say a BIG thank you to the lady running the stall who let Han behind her counter to take a picture of this beautiful stand. Thank you Sugar245 for your very kind hospitality and products they were both fabulous and delicious! :D

You do actually get six in a bag but we had taste tested these before I took my photo's. :p

We even had ducks this year, aren't they good, Han loved these and wanted to buy them.

Lowry Food Festival (76)-001.JPG

The lovely camp cooks also made a return again this year.

Lowry Food Festival (79).JPG

We never got to see the seven brothers unfortunately but Han was more interested in the beer I think, lol!

Lowry Food Festival (24).JPG Z Lowry Food Festival (23).JPG

We did buy some Brownies from Martins stall which were very moreish.

Lowry Food Festival (29).JPG Lowry Food Festival (31).JPG

We were so excited to see the fudge man back again this year, his goodies are rich and very luxurious. This year we bought some Pink Champagne Fudge, Honeycomb fudge, chocolate fudge and a raspberry ripple type fudge. We were really lucky with that one as he had practically sold out. He was ever so kind and posed for a picture for Han, he's such a lovely chap.

Lowry Food Festival (25).JPG

I thought these pies looked absolutely divine, I could have devoured those no problem!

Lowry Food Festival (36).JPG

There is a whole host of different foods at the festival and although I tend to opt for sweet the savoury items smelt really good. Han loved the ladies hat in this picture and was made up that she had managed to get it in.

Lowry Food Festival (50).JPG

All this talk of food is making me hungry so I'm off for tea and will post some more pictures in a while.

:homer_drooling:

We had the big red bus sit down area again.

Lowry Food Festival (51).JPG

The lovely Chulas cupcake stall again with all the different varieties of cupcakes on cake goodies on offer.

Lowry Food Festival (45).JPG Lowry Food Festival (46).JPG

I love these push up cakes, I so need to make some of these.

Lowry Food Festival (48).JPG

The smell of freshly baked bread from this stall was mouth watering.

Lowry Food Festival (42).JPG

I felt a little sorry for this guy as when we were there everyone kept eating his samples, I'm sure that's a good thing but I think they were just snacking rather than buying.

Lowry Food Festival (62).JPG

This guy was lovely, he showed us the different ranges of tea he had on offer and let me smell the aromas. I think he has also been on Dragon's Den as he had a poster at the back of his stall. He was selling individual teapots with a range of delightful teas. We settled on a red teapot and Cherry and almond tea which we got free with it. He was also kind enough to give us a tea strainer too. Han wasn't interested in the tea though she was more interested in the chocolate ice cream he had on offer. She thought it was delicious.

Z Lowry Food Festival (5).JPG Z Lowry Food Festival (3).JPG

We absolutely loved this little bench and made Hannah crouch next to it so you can gauge the size of it.

Z Lowry Food Festival (15).JPG

Here are other chocolate goodies on offer.

Z Lowry Food Festival (12).JPG Z Lowry Food Festival (13).JPG

We didn't manage to see Paul or Gok but we still had a great time, Han finished off her day with a ride before we went back home.

Z Lowry Food Festival (26).JPG Z Lowry Food Festival (27).JPG
Here's Han watching the world go by, we had a great time and were thankful that the weather held out.

Z Lowry Food Festival (32)-001.JPG

These are the goodies we ended up with....

Lowry food festival (7).jpg Lowry food festival (11).jpg

Delicious, not to worry though we did not eat them all we actually shared them out and I gave some to my Dad. :D

There was certainly a good selection of goodies on offer, pity you didn't get to see Paul or Gok but it looks as if you had a good time and well done to Han for the photo's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back