What's new

Today...what have you been up to? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has been quite productive really, we have been to the tip to get rid of all the boxes and wrapping paper and all the other stuff we accumulated over Christmas. I'm not sure what you guys would call it Bill, it's like a massive recycling centre where you get rid of rubbish. :unsure:

Anyway we've done that so I'm actually feeling quite refreshed as the house was looking like a dumping ground! :crys:

We have been and looked at wallpaper to John's dismay (he wants to paint rather than paper the walls) so we have about fifteen samples now stuck to the bedroom walls so we can see which paper we like. He really isn't into to girlie decor but I want a radical change from the 1980's getup we currently have going on! :D

I have also taken down the tree too, once Christmas and New Year have gone I'm all revved up for the exciting year head so Christmas is well and truly over now. It was nice while it lasted but back to work we go. :thumbs:

You have had a busy day, Angie. You put me to shame :plead: I had a session of acupuncture this morning to my neck, so have to take it easy for the rest of the day waiting for magic to work :wink: Tomorrow our decorations are coming down. Doesn't seem 5 minutes since we were putting them up!

Aww bless, hope you feel better soon Sue you rest up!

I'm busy busy, I'm still working now as I'm all fired up about the changes I am making behind the scenes! Lots to do as usual just hoping the hard work pays off! :D I have booked in my guests slots so before you know it will be seeing each other too.
:thumbs:

It's been quite a day here, we've got gale force storms again and plenty of flooding. Going into town this morning wasn't too bad until we got to nearly town and the bus had to turn round and go back some way because the road ahead was flooded, he had to stop at the wrong end of town to drop us off and I had to walk to get to the shop. I tell you I was not in a good way, had to keep stopping to try and breathe then my legs felt as if they were going to give way. :scream:

They closed the Cleddau bridge to high sided vehicles so the buses had to go the long way round making them run over ½ hour late but it worked out OK this time as I'd finished my shopping and I came out from the shop and a bus going home was pulling up, alright it should have been there at 4 minutes past 10 and it was about 20 to 11 when it came but what the heck, I managed to catch it and got home.

No wonder I don't like travelling. :p

Oh no, stay safe Joan, my Auntie is on high alert too, they told her to move everything upstairs. :shock: I'm glad you managed to get there and back from town safely albeit a little longer than you anticipated. No doubt you'll be resting nicely I hope.

Other than it howling and raining we're pretty fine on the weather front, I'd rather have cold and rain over snow anyday of the week. I only do snow if I don't have to go out in it.

Today I've been working on more behind the scenes stuff for changes that I will be making to the site. There is a lot of tooing and froing going on but we seem to be getting there. I say 'we' because John has been helping me out immensely and using his coding brain to put into practice things that I need. Coding isn't my department so I couldn't do it with out him! :wink: I can't wait to show you guys what I've been upto. Then you can give me your honest opinions on it, productive feedback is always gratefully received! :D

So this is the new site! I'm still working really hard to make the necessary changes, however, if you see something that doesn't look right please let me know.

Well I got a bit of a shock when I first tried to come here, because I have RoboForm I can usually just click on the Helpme bake line when I click on the RoboForm toolbar and it brings me here logged in.
Today I clicked it and it showed an error, it had the Help me logo at the top of the page but then just the error saying it didn't have the info anymore. Well all I did was click on the logo and it brought me to the site logged in, until I've finished and left I'm not sure if it was just a glitch.
Things are looking good apart from my signature seems to have disappeared.
clear.png

Hi Angie and Bill, I'm OK, if I stay sitting down and not doing anything.
clear.png

As soon as I get up and move that's when things go downhill. At least I'm alive, which is better than the alternative, oh the joys of growing old. :eyeroll:

The chest infections gone but it's still in the back of my throat and it's that I'm still trying to clear. It doesn't help my breathing, which I struggle with, but I carry on as best I can. :wink:

Aww bless, that is no fun, I do hope it clears for you, you're such a busy bee like me I guess you don't do rest, you'd rather be doing something with your time. I do hope you get better. You're not old Joan you've got plenty left in you and still lots to give.
clear.png
Has the doctor given you any indication of how long it will take until you're right as rain or do you just have to wait and see?

To be honest I've not been back to him since I had the last antibiotics, I know I'm a fool but I just don't go to the doctor. I've been taking some Benylin Mucus Cough which has been loosening it but it's not completely gone yet.
If it doesn't clear soon I'll have him back out, although I still think my breathing problems are because of the spine collapse and my insides being all squashed up.
Never mind, carry on regardless.
clear.png
I can still make people jealous because of my long legs, at least they didn't shrink.
roflmao2.gif

Well if you don't fully clear it then please go back and see him we would like you up and running at full steam ahead.
clear.png
I like Covonia chesty cough myself that always does the trick and pretty pronto, I've not had Benylin since being a kid, it takes me back....memories lol! Is it still strawberry flavour?
clear.png
As for the legs go you sexy...we'll be starting a new thread called Legs Eleven! Whit Woo!

Angie I've just remembered I didn't answer your question about Benylin. I wouldn't say it tastes like strawberries, it is a clear red liquid but nothing like strawberries. My throat is a lot clearer, still no completely gone and I still struggle with breathing when I move but that could be down to my condition.

At the moment I'm keeping on eye on my phone as it's going through a big update, think it's the upgrade to 8.1.
:)

Yes I've had Covonia as well, got a bottle in the cupboard but it felt as if the Benylin was clearing it better. We shall see.
As for the legs it's ok having long ones but you try getting trousers that are long enough. It seems to be a bit better these days and I've found I'm able to get cheap ones that are long enough from Daxon, although saying cheap they are very smart looking so I have several pairs in different colours.

After much thought and effort I have now decided to revert back to my original software, you may notice posts you have made that are no longer there, I apologise for this and appreciate the posts but in order to move forward I think it is best just to continue in this format and start building the site and posts back up again! Here's to getting it right!
:thumbs:

Today I am making changes to the site which will now finally put us on the right path! Here's to the next chapter! :)

I did wonder what was going on just now when I logged in, threads closed and no New Posts tab along the top. It doesn't take much to addle my brain so was confused. :scream:

Lol! Sorry Joan, I'm reverting back to the old site, I've been transferring stuff back over from xen but my pictures and stuff haven't converted so I've got to go through all the threads and sort. :(

I've been umming and ahhing for a while now, I have spoke to john and we agree this is the best format for me. Over the next few weeks I'll be putting the site back to how it should be and re post all the pics although I've got accounts deadlines to sort and Hannah and the final of the summer hols so everything is on a really slow pace. Then I've got to sort out all my links again! Lol I'll get there in the end and this time it will be bigger and better than last time once I've rectified all the hiccups! :wink:

I got your message on my phone, it didn't even ring and just came up with a missed call so sorry I missed you! You've got lots to sort out with Kelly and the baby so I'll leave you to it. I'm off to finish my cleaning before the lovely Linda arrives tomorrow. :D

That's OK, we've had trouble with the Internet all morning it's either been running slow or just not connecting at all and emails coming in without the graphics. grrrrrrrrr

I've just been and rebooted the router and after a few glitches getting it back things seem to be more or less back to normal, fingers crossed.

Now got to try and sort out my damn phone, it had the new upgrade and it's screwed up the settings so I can't receive or send photos again. I sometimes wonder why I love technology so much when it gives me so much grieve, I even just tried to send this message and it disappeared on my, thank goodness for the Auto-save. :grrr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back