What's new

Today...what have you been up to? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wore me out reading it, I think you deserve that night out, enjoy yourself and Merry Christmas to you and yours. :D

Having children is definitely not one of Amy's problems she has 6, her partner is dead now but he had 5 from his previous marriage. She only has one down here and he has 2 sons, all the rest are in Yorkshire, well there's one in Australia and one of her sons works for Microsoft in London. :D
She's just come back from house sitting for one of her daughters who'd gone to Singapore to spend some time with her hubby who's working out there.

She's always on the go puts me to shame. :D

Wow, that's definitely plenty to keep her going and never a dull moment I presume! We know a couple like that, they had 5 of their own and have now started adopting kids, they just love em!

Seems to to me you've been a busy bee with all your jumpers and stockings. Congrats on the exciting news of the extra stocking, that's fabulous. I LOVE the jumper you did too, you are very talented Mrs A!

:thumbs:

It's good to be back after 2-3 weeks of planned and unplanned domestic activity. Having no laptop, an oven without it's fan and a 19 year old dishwasher that gave up the ghost plus a new kitchen floor and preparing for Christmas has meant not a minute to myself. But we have survived as is usually the way, and now today all I have to do is put the finishing touches to the cheesecake and Tunis cake and work out what time to put the turkey in tomorrow. Then it's definitely 'me' or 'us' time, putting on the gladrags for a night out with Cath and her hubby for our traditional Christmas Eve meal at Smith's restaurant in Eccles. Can't wait. Happy Christmas everyone xxx

Sue, you sound like me with all your domesticity going on, I hope you and Cath had a fabulous night out, I'm sure you did and thank you for the pressie. I actually forgot about yours and Linda's and didn't open it until 8pm. I had to remember where I had put them! Lol! Thanks though it is lovely and I haven't got one so it will come in really handy. :D

Merry Christmas to everyone :dinesh:

A Guy

Bill Merry Christmas to you too, I hope you all had a lovely day.

We've had a great day! :wink:

Today, we have been chilling out, playing snap (the card game) oh and we went food shopping because we forgot to prior to the big day. :eyeroll:

We must have been the only people to be like Old Mother Hubbard on Christmas Day! However, I was quite surprised how leisurely it was and we are now stocked up on essentials for the next few days at least! Having Roses for breakfast prior to food shopping is not a good idea!

Roses Tin.jpg

Now I have bagels and fruity bread to keep me going! Ahhh!

:thumbs:

Just to let you know that I am currently overhauling the site, so things are being moved about, re-named split out and new sections have been created, to make it easier for people to find things. If you have any feedback on the changes I'd love to hear your thoughts. :D

Only just arrived so haven't had time to see what's different yet, I think I can top you with the tins of chocolates, I've got 3 tins of Celebrations and 3 tins of Heroes, got them when the Co-op had them on offer at £3 each.

I'm always well stocked up I buy loads when things are on offer, got a large fridge/freezer, 2 under counter sized freezers and another under counter fridge, all full :D well the small fridge is just for veg for the guinea pigs. No chance of my John going hungry for a few weeks here if I don't buy anything for a while. :wink:

LOL! We have Danish Biscuits, Dairy Box, Roses, Celebrations, Chocolate Oranges etc etc. :scream:

We don't have any spare freezers, we have the world's smallest freezer and generally buy and cook from fresh for everything, that's why we had nothing in on Christmas Day as I buy all my meat from the local butchers and we hadn't stocked up on bread or anything.

Had my fruity toast this morning and we managed to watch The Muppets Christmas Carol (I love it!) :D

Now working my little socks off as Han is in bed. :wink:

Living in a small coastal village I don't have a local butcher plus John is not a meat eater, well he's not veggie but he was never brought up eating much meat.

He's awful to cook for as well as being diabetic he's so fussy, all the things he should have he doesn't like and the things he shouldn't have he loves. He doesn't like pork but likes pork pie and luncheon meat, he wont touch mince so when I made a cottage pie for the kids he wouldn't touch it. He likes kidneys and liver but as we can't get them fresh here and he reckons I can't cook them properly anyway that's something else off the menu. :eyeroll:

He likes chicken but will only eat a small amount on the day it's cooked, wont touch it heated up, but you can't have chicken every day, but it's OK because I pack meal size portions for me and put them in the freezer. You'll find something he likes and he'll have it a couple of times and decide he doesn't like it anymore.:grrr:

It's a lot easier now to just have loads of things in the freezer so he can decide what he wants on any particular day, it's better for me as well as I can't stand for long preparing and cooking meals and there are lots of things he likes but I don't so that's 2 different meals I'd have to do. :wink:

Oh dear this has turned into a marathon, oops moving on. :p

You're obviously well organised Joan and need all that freezer space to cater for all the different meals. I could just do with another little freezer for occasions like Christmas or when someone comes to stay, so I can cook in advance.

Today, we had Christmas soup for tea. Cath gave me this idea a year or so ago. All Christmas leftover veg, stuffing, bread sauce etc goes into a pan for 15 mins (if that) and then blended. Absolutely delicious! You can always add chunks of turkey or chicken towards the end as well. A roll of crusty bread and tea was all done and dusted in 20 minutes. I was going to add a swirl of double cream on serving as there was a bit left in the carton. Good job I sniffed it first .... ugggggh!!!

Had a relatively lazy day today. Caught up with a bit of reading and pre-recorded tv programmes. Tonight I've been sorting through my photos on the pc and putting them in some sort of order. I've even created a 'cakes and bakes' folder, so will add some recent pics next.

Boxing Day afternoon was spent at The Lowry theatre watching Warhorse. It was an amazing performance as all the reviews had said. Then we had party nibbles in the evening when we all just helped ourselves. Even though it probably took as long to prepare it as cooking a full blown meal, it didn't really feel that way at the time and it is nice to have a change.

I had 2 Mary Berry cook books for Christmas and a Good Housekeeping one as well. So no excuses now for not having ideas and inspiration! But in the meantime, there's quite a bit of cake to be eaten first! :D

We had a very busy day with everybody round and we had fry up on Boxing Day with the leftovers.

Back to chores this morning; cleaning and washing but a nice afternoon spent with a friend. Chilli for tea and finished off the strawberry cheesecake. Lazy evening now eating chocolate :D

Happy New Year to you all, had a lovely day at my daughters and her family and she cooked a great dinner for us.

Hope everyone here has had a good day.:D

Lol! Happy new year everybody, today started off great with Bacon butties and a cup of tea, :D now the domesticity is out of the way the real work begins! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back