What's new

Today...what have you been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D She's not touched them today, she's curled up on a corner of the couch that John sits on. Even though it's sunny outside she's been out for a short time this morning but it seems she'd rather be inside.
It's quite funny because Sooty usually curls up in the corner where she is, when he came in last night she was in his place and he looked disgusted at her then went and settled down the other end of the couch, hehe. :D
 
Sounds to me like she's having a chilled day, poor Sooty, Willow's taking over. ;)

Today it's been more workmen again but I don't mind, there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully it will all be finished just in time for Christmas. I've got the carpet man coming Thursday and then schools out Friday! Hans getting excited about Christmas and we watched Elf before which is hilarious. She loved it especially about Susie and watching on a Tuesday. (We don't generally do films in the week). :D
 
Today I've been finishing off some of the wrapping and have found that I'm still two presents short! Oh no and one of them happens to be for Hannah! :eek:

On the plus side I've made new Twitter friends and helped a few people out today so very pleased! :D


.....Ooh even better the blind man has just rang and is coming to fit my bathroom blind tomorrow! Finally....dare I say it, it may be finished for Christmas! :dinesh:
 
.....Ooh even better the blind man has just rang and is coming to fit my bathroom blind tomorrow! Finally....dare I say it, it may be finished for Christmas! :dinesh:

It's great he overcame his handicap, but make sure he hangs them straight :shock:

A Guy
 
I've done my wrapping today, I just have 1 still to get, but I knew that, it's for my neighbour she got back from Yorkshire last night, she'd been house sitting for her daughter who was in Singapore. :)
 
Lol! You two are funny, the blinds man did a fantastic job, and we had great service from the carpet fitter too. Whoohoo! You can't beat great service! :D

I've still got one present to get for Han, although I can't go tomorrow now as John's signed himself up for the dentist! :cry: Who opts to go to the Dentist before Christmas...numpty! :confused: Unless that's secret code for nipping out for my supa dupa present whatever it may be.......I'll not hold my breath though! :p
 
Well his appointment went better than expected and he managed to go and source her present, hopefully it will turn up tomorrow, if so I will be very pleased! :D
 
I'm only just being able to get online, had the grandchildren over to look after while their parents did some shopping so what with that and other things just seeing what's happening, provided the weather allows it.

Got a storm going on at present and not long had the thunder and lightening so it's not nice at the moment. :(
 
Oh no! It's been howling here too, then we had sunshine, now it's just cold! Hans present came so John built it and he's bought me stuff and wrapped them! I'm currently working on my course material for next year and getting the program together. Hans playing at her Grandma's house! We love Grandparents they come in VERY handy!

:thumbs:
 
We do don't we, :p my neighbours just brought round the presents, a carrier bag for Kelly, hubby and boys, and one for John and one for me, by the shape of mine it's a mug, you can feel the handle through the paper. :D

At least I'll have one present. ;)
 
Wouldn't be without you! Five minutes peace for us and quality time for you. That's lovely that your neighbours brought presents round. Is it a tradition or was it a surprise?

We've received extra presents to, my friend came round to visit today and the kids have played wonderfully together. We've had a great day.

:thumbs:
 
I've caught a cold/flu/SARS so if I can get through the next 2 days at work, I'll probably sleep all day Xmas. 3 Ho's

A Guy
 
Oh no, hope you feel better soon Bill, we seem to be a house full of sneezy's at the moment but I think that's due to the weather changing it's mind every two seconds.

Today me and Han have baked Christmas fruit cakes (I know I'm 8 weeks behind schedule) and we have decorated gingerbread houses. It's been a very productive day, then we watched The Croods! Family time...can't beat it! :D
 
Hope you get well soon Bill. :)

It's tradition Angie she's their Granny Amy, no real relation but she's always bought them birthday and Christmas presents since they were born and she moved in next door, she's 82 and very spritely. ;)
 
Aww we had a neighbours like that Auntie Marjorie and Uncle Cyril, not related but that's what we called them, they couldn't have children of their own so we were like their surrogate family. They knew me since being born and bought me and my brother presents for every occasion. Uncle Cyril died but Auntie Marjorie is 95 now and living in a home. Truly wonderful people whom I hold close to my heart! :D
 
Thank you ladies. I will survive...

[video=youtube;Tth-8wA3PdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tth-8wA3PdY[/video]

A Guy
 
Aww we had a neighbours like that Auntie Marjorie and Uncle Cyril, not related but that's what we called them, they couldn't have children of their own so we were like their surrogate family. They knew me since being born and bought me and my brother presents for every occasion. Uncle Cyril died but Auntie Marjorie is 95 now and living in a home. Truly wonderful people whom I hold close to my heart! :D
Having children is definitely not one of Amy's problems she has 6, her partner is dead now but he had 5 from his previous marriage. She only has one down here and he has 2 sons, all the rest are in Yorkshire, well there's one in Australia and one of her sons works for Microsoft in London. :D
She's just come back from house sitting for one of her daughters who'd gone to Singapore to spend some time with her hubby who's working out there.

She's always on the go puts me to shame. :D
 
It's good to be back after 2-3 weeks of planned and unplanned domestic activity. Having no laptop, an oven without it's fan and a 19 year old dishwasher that gave up the ghost plus a new kitchen floor and preparing for Christmas has meant not a minute to myself. But we have survived as is usually the way, and now today all I have to do is put the finishing touches to the cheesecake and Tunis cake and work out what time to put the turkey in tomorrow. Then it's definitely 'me' or 'us' time, putting on the gladrags for a night out with Cath and her hubby for our traditional Christmas Eve meal at Smith's restaurant in Eccles. Can't wait. Happy Christmas everyone xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top