What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humbug :)

E5F63DC3-D8CB-49A7-B255-425B665F793D.jpeg

A Guy

We've put it up now. Hopefully Joan you'll manage to do something festive. Even if it's just cards. xx

I hope I do, heard back this morning that the driver is booked to take me there, so we'll take things as they come. :eyeroll:

Wrote a few cards and did a little Christmas online shopping today. John keeps finding it hilarious that Amazon won't let me purchase something because I couldn't verify my age. He's taking great pleasure in showing me how to sort it out. :lmao:

We've also set up Pork Casserole in the slow cooker for tea. We haven't had this one for many years, so I'm hoping that it's nice, otherwise, it'll be toast for tea. 😁

Well, I've done cards for the post and some of the people around me, still haven't got any decorations up. After the day I had yesterday I feel exhausted.

Nurse came and did my legs today, the swelling has gone down quite a lot so I'm hoping that now I've been taken off the pills that we now all agree was probably the cause of the trouble I will start to get better. Apparently my liver is working normally so that's another good thing.

John should be very pleased that Amazon thinks you are so much younger than you are so tell him to behave himself. :lmao:

Well, we did manage to get the Amazon delivery, although John had to verify his age.

I hope you're feeling rested today, Joan, and I'm glad to hear that your health is improving. We were up at the crack of dawn this morning and watched the snow fall outside. It wasn't forecast, but it's come down overnight and continued this morning. I'm not surprised, really, due to the temperatures we've been having. Han loves the snow, although I'm not all that keen on it unless I don't have to go out in it.

Glad to hear you got your delivery, funny John had to prove his age, I bet he thought that was very flattering. :lmao:

I'm starting to feel more with it today, mind you it's the weekend and I chill out in my pyjamas.:D

No snow here yet, I don't want any either, we've had very hard frosts the last couple of days though. My friend has my prescription that the hospital gave me and she hopefully will be able to get into Tenby on Monday to get it for me, it's the new blood pressure and water tablets. :plead:

Are you doing a rain dance?

puddles raining GIF

Glad to hear you got your delivery, funny John had to prove his age, I bet he thought that was very flattering. :lmao:

I'm starting to feel more with it today, mind you it's the weekend and I chill out in my pyjamas.:D

No snow here yet, I don't want any either, we've had very hard frosts the last couple of days though. My friend has my prescription that the hospital gave me and she hopefully will be able to get into Tenby on Monday to get it for me, it's the new blood pressure and water tablets. :plead:

I'm glad you're feeling more with it. What else are weekends for? It's Pyjama day for us today, them two are watching a film so I'm pottering about a bit.

I'm glad to hear you haven't had the snow, the temp isn't as cold today, so everything has thawed out. Hopefully, your friend will be able to get all the tablets you need without any hassle. Do the pharmacy not offer a delivery service?

Yes, the chemist does have delivery but of course, it's a new prescription so it hasn't been to the doctor's surgery yet it's essential that I get the tablets as soon as possible before I run out of what they gave me to come out with.

It would be towards the end of the week before I got them if she took them to the doctor, by the time the doctor had signed them out to the chemist and it had gone back to them and put on a delivery slot to me.

Not sure if we will get any snow as we have our own micro-climate here and so you can't really take any notice of what they say in the forecast.

I'm not quite sure what is going on with this week, but it seems to be a really weird one. Random events and things keep happening like a bad comedy. Yesterday I was trying to save the eggs and smearing more around the floor than is humanly possible. Today the iPad went on the blink, not once but twice, so I really think I've broken it. Han's trips have more Planes, Trains and Automobile shenanigans going on than I can keep up with, and I was out in -6, yes, I did say minus six degrees at the crack of dawn this morning. :lmao:

So after finally getting my shoulders to remove themselves from my ears, note to self take a hat out in very cold weather we have laughed our way through it. 😁

Finishing on a good note though, I've just had my delivery of some Christmas gifts I ordered, and the final silver lining is I can have a lie-in in the morning! Whoop, whoop! :party:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has those kind of times, I seem to be having them for the last month. :lmao:

What on earth were you thinking of going out in those temperatures, you must be mad, it's bad enough here waiting for this place to get up to a temperature that doesn't have me shivering with cold, and that's after the heating has been on for nearly 2 hours. :scream:

Right I'm off to have the next pills of the morning, I take the last ones of the morning at about 10 am, then my breakfast and get dressed, I should be fit for the day ahead then, sort of. :eyeroll:

Last edited:
It got up to minus 9.2 last night, and my fridge is telling me it's currently minus seven at the minute!

Getting back to the weird and wonderful week that it is, this morning, the toilet decided to seize up and stop working on me mid-usage! :what: See, I told you it was one of those weeks! You really couldn't make this stuff up. I feel like I've entered the Joan Chronicles! :wink:

Trust me, I would never opt to go out at the crack of dawn or in those temperatures, but missy is having a little jaunt before Christmas and is in London, so we had to get her packed off. It's like the time when we were in Lapland, and I went out in minus twenty-five without a hat on. You'd think I would have learned my lesson! :lmao:

Sorry had to stop for a second then, as the Chinook just passed over the house, and I wanted to see it!

Well, I managed to get a lie-in this morning and then got my breakfast late, although I had a breakfast/dinner item. I had poached egg on toast which I love. We got a small poaching pan off Amazon and did some experimenting the other day to suss out times etc. Anyway, after a bit of trial and error, spitting water and burning my hands on steam, we finally got the time down, except for my toast. Anyway, today we did them again, and after an initial faff with too much water, I managed to do both the toast and the eggs to perfection. And yes, they were delicious!

We've also sussed out that John now has battered toes when he tried to save the eggs the other day. :eyeroll: The only other thing we keep thinking is that it's Friday!

Continuing with my chronicles, today's theme is static electricity. It started yesterday when I touched the light switch and the oven and got a shock; now I'm transferring it to people. I've managed to zap Han on the head and got John too. I'm just waiting for my hair to start moving upwards, and I'll be sorted.

As for the temperature, it was minus seven last night and has warmed up to just under freezing at the minute.

On a good note, I've finally managed to sort out my Candy Cane Chocolate Bark, so I'll be posting that when I get a minute. I had a few problems with the Candy Canes, but I've managed to sort it out now after a little trial and error. Han's finished 6th form now, too, so I'm also trying to work out what day it is! :lmao:

Last edited:
That sounds a bit like me, I kept thinking it was Saturday yesterday, :lmao: mind you it will be by the time I get to bed have to stay up to get my next Tesco slot. :eyeroll:

What does Hannah do next is it College or University for her?

I look forward to seeing your Chocolate Bark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back