What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't give me anything to use but I have a template for blood pressure readings that I got from Office, plus I write it down on a notebook page.

I'm so sorry to hear about your foot hope it soon gets better, we're a right pair aren't we? :lmao:

I watched the concert at the Albert Hall last night, I always do, we honour my brother who came back from the Second World War with shell shock after having been evacuated from the beaches of Dunkirk, he was 19.

They also want to honour the ones who didn't come back.
Kelly takes the children to the remembrance parade in Tenby to watch their Dad marching with the Fire Service. :kiss:

Yeah, the foot was just random. I've never had it before. It seems to have sorted itself out now, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

I didn't know they did a concert at the Albert Hall. I've never seen that, nor did I know about your brother. Han always used to do the Remembrance Sunday parade with Guides and Brownies, so we've done it for years. Now we do it to pay our respects. It's something we do as a family. It was a lovely crisp autumn day, and even nicer that the bus driver stopped his bus and paid his respects while we were all silent.

We always have somebody stop and pay their respects. Last year, we had a woman dive out of her car and come and join us. This year it was the bus driver. I think that it's really nice that people stop and take a moment out of life to think about those before us.

It was quite a good turnout. ❤️ I'm sure Kelly and the family had a lovely turnout too.

That surprises me that you've never heard of the Albert Hall remembrance concert, it's a yearly event and until this year was always attended by the Queen and other royals. This year of course it was Charles who was the senior royal to attend.

It's the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance held at the Royal Albert Hall on the Saturday night before Remembrance Sunday.

Caia had been on a parade earlier with the Brownies, it was to lay a Poppy stone outside the church. They had each painted a stone to commemorate the fallen ones.

Last edited:
No, I've heard about the Last Night at the Proms concert, but I didn't know about the remembrance one.

Aww, the parade. We used to love watching them march around the village. Then had drums and everything, it was really good, and they used to shut some of the roads while it was on. I like the fact that we still continue with the tradition even though she doesn't march anymore.

They shut the roads around where they do the marching.

The Remembrance concert is one that is organized by the British Legion and involves all the forces, the Queen never missed one. I can't remember when it started but it's been going on for years, it's always on the Saturday night then the next day is the Remembrance Day Parade at the Cenotaph in London.

Well, you learn something new every day. 😊

I need to go and get some dinner in a minute because I'm absolutely starving. The weather's lovely today, but I don't think we'll be able to go for a walk as Han's on a trip, so she won't get back until later.

I'm trying to think about all the other things I need to get on with today!

It's a bit of a mixed-bag week this week. Doing a few things behind the scenes on a creative level, I finally managed to sort part of my desktop out because it had all sorts all over it, and it's well overdue to be organised. It's exam week for Han, and the weather is just rubbish. Luckily we have managed to go out for a few walks. My face feels like it's been hit by a shovel now and again, but other than that I can't complain.

I hope you guys are doing okay, Bill please enjoy the sunshine and send some rays our way.

It's been chilly, saw 39 the other am

1.jpg

A Guy

I don't know about your face feeling like it's been hit, mine looks like it has. :lmao:

Lol! You do make me laugh, Mrs; you're gorgeous just the way you are! 😘

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and members across the pond. We too, shall be having a turkey dinner later. Not with all the trimmings and jovialities but a nod to our friends and a pre-run for Christmas.

I'm not quite sure what else is on the agenda today as I have no plan of action, so I'll just wing it and see how it goes.

I did have a narrow escape this morning as I thought I saw my friend's Mum and her brother, whom I bumped into twice. However, it wasn't them. Luckily I managed to save myself from having a conversation with two random lookalike strangers, unlike last time when I spent the best part of 10 mins talking to a lady and her son, who I thought was someone else. In fairness, she thought I was someone she knew, and in the end, we had a good giggle about it. :lmao:You've gotta laugh!

Anyway, have a lovely day, peeps, and I'll see you all later. 😁

:lmao: Actually at the moment it does look as if it's been hit with a shovel, going to the loo in the early hours of Tuesday morning and thinking it was a good idea to pick a fight with the floor and losing. :eyeroll:
I did a great faceplant and it shows. :scream:

:lmao: Actually at the moment it does look as if it's been hit with a shovel, going to the loo in the early hours of Tuesday morning and thinking it was a good idea to pick a fight with the floor and losing. :eyeroll:
I did a great faceplant and it shows. :scream:

Oh no! I do hope your face heals soon. It's good that you have a sense of humour about it. I'd say it keeps you on your toes, but I feel like that statement rubs salt in the wound. :think: You know what I mean though. :hug: Speedy recovery and nothing else speedy Mrs. We seriously need to slow down on the tales of Joan. 😁

I don't know how long it will take to fade as it is a great deal of bruising, mind you if it wasn't for seeing myself in a reflection or mirror I wouldn't even know I'd done anything and nothing hurts, well only a couple of place when touched that are more sore than anything. :lmao:

Aww, bless you. I do hope it heals quickly for you. You're such a trooper! I bet your pride is sorer than your face, as I know how independent you are. Keep your feet up, watch some tv and heal. Sending you big hugs from all of us. ❤️

I think we might have to get you some sucker pads or some superhero tech to keep you upright when you're on a nightly visit! 😁

I can't repeat what Kelly said when she saw the photo I sent her, she asked for one and I told her it wasn't a pretty sight but she has promised she is going to have serious words with my toilet floor when she comes over. :lmao:

You won't have to worry about it happening again I've bought myself a commode and put it at the end of my bed so if I fall forward again I'll just drop onto the bed so I will have a soft landing. :oops:

I can imagine! LOL! Yes, I'm sure even a few more choice words are going to be said to the floor when she comes over. :lmao:

See you and your gadgets, you have something for everything. I'm glad you've resolved the issue and are cracking on with it. 😘

It's been a bit of a busy weekend with one thing and another. However, I got to spend quality time with two of my favourite people, my bestie and my goddaughter, so that was a lovely change. :hug:

I'm not quite ready to put my tree up yet, because Han wouldn't deem it appropriate! :lmao: Although today would be a perfect day as I have a few things on the go, so it would actually fit in nicely. However, I shall refrain, one because it's Monday and two because I want to start the week off on a good footing! :wink:

I should really put mine up today, but I think I'll wait until the weekend. 🎄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back