What's new

The Waterside Market - Salford Quays June 2014 (1 Viewer)

We managed to go to the Lowry at the weekend and check out the Waterside Market which has been advertised. We had fun getting there as there were no trams running but there was a replacement bus service had been provided. It's been a while since I've been on a bus and Han wanted to sit at the front upstairs!

When we arrived the market appeared to be a lot smaller than we had anticipated, however what was on offer was quite lovely. We had cheese, chutney, curd, truffles, fudge, curry, pictures sweets and a few other bits and bobs to have a look at. Han of course took some pics and got that up close and personal she nearly ended up in the cheese bucket!

Here are a some photo's of the market, I'm not sure whether there will be additional stalls appearing but these were mainly the ones we saw.

waterside1.JPG waterside2.JPG

We bought some truffles from the fudge stall....blimey you have never had rich chocolate goodness like it. I've only eaten a slither of it and that took me all my time just to get through it!

waterside3 kringle island fudge.JPG
waterside4.JPG waterside6.JPG

The lady at the Cherry Tree Chutney and Curd stall was kind enough to let us take her picture.

waterside7.JPG waterside7a.JPG

We loved this little quaint shed.

waterside8.JPG

These were some of the home-made pies for sale.

waterside9.JPG

We bought a mango flavoured bottle with reeds from this stall, it smells heavenly in my home.

waterside10.JPG

We are also grateful to the kind man who let Han take pics of the below photo's he was selling. I tried explaining to Han that she cannot take pics of his work due to copyright but he was very kind and let her take them anyway.

waterside11.JPG waterside12.JPG

She really loved the Manchester one!

waterside13.JPG

Some other goodies on sale.

waterside15.JPG

These smelled absolutely divine!

Last edited:
Love the photos it looks as if you had a good time and there were some interesting places to see. Hannah did well with the picture taking and it really gives you a good idea of what is on offer.
clear.png
:D

It was a lot smaller than the last time we went but we still managed to get a few bits from there. There were a few people on fb asking about it so I think they may toddle off to it. Han loves taking pics of events, she's like a little news reporter. What I should get her doing is sorting and scaling down the pics now. LOL! Now there's an idea. :wink:

Those Samosas looked appetising, when I lived in Castle Donington one of my friends was Indian and she cooked brilliant ones. We were a funny group, she was Indian, there was one from Sri Lanka one from Scotland and me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back