What's new

Cakes and Gateaux - Salford College - Manchester - (18/09/13) (1 Viewer)

(Places for this course are to be purchased via Salford College and are held at Worsley Campus).

Wednesday 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- As part of the Festive Creations and Cake Decoration 10 Week Course (Christmas Baking)

strawberry-cake.jpg

On tonight's lesson, Linda and I will give you a demonstration on how to make an assortment of creative sponge cakes and Gateaux's.

Students will need the following items:-

Ingredients:
150g / 6oz Butter/Margarine
150g / 6oz Granulated or Caster Sugar
3 Medium Sized Eggs
150g / 6oz Self raising Flour

Filling:-
Jam – Raspberry, Strawberry, Apricot or Mixed Fruit etc
Lemon Curd
Butter Cream
Whipped Cream

Fruit:
Strawberries/Tangerines/Berries

Last edited:
Festive Fayre at Worsley College

(Places for this course are to be purchased via Salford College and are held at Worsley Campus).

Wednesday 18:30pm - 20:30pm
- As part of the Festive Creations and Cake Decoration 10 Week Course (Christmas Baking)

On tonight's lesson Linda and I will give you a demonstration on how to make an assortment of creative sponge cakes and Gateaux's.

Students will need the following items:-

Ingredients:
150g / 6oz Butter/Margarine
150g / 6oz Granulated or Caster Sugar
3 Medium Sized Eggs
150g / 6oz Self raising Flour

Filling:-
Jam – Raspberry, Strawberry, Apricot or Mixed Fruit etc
Lemon Curd
Butter Cream

Fruit:
Strawberries/Tangerines/Berries

Hi Angie,

Really looking forward to the start of another baking session with you and Linda next week. I just wanted to make sure that the plans to make this sponge cake on 18 September still stand so that I bring the right ingredients.

Many thanks

Glad to have you back Sue! Yeah we will be doing gateaux's and sponges week 1 so we will be using the Victoria sponge ingredients. The fillings and fruit etc are entirely optional and decorations too. I think Linda is supplying the ingredients for week one but please feel free to bring anything you like with you. We look forward to seeing you Wednesday. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back