What's new

Survey for gcse product (2 Viewers)

holllyparkes

I am designing a cake stand for my gcses and need feedback on a survey I have created. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1) do you think cake stands could be more sustainable/ environmentally friendly?
2) do you think cake stands are affordable?
3) what colours suit a cake stand best ?
4) what is the best shape for a cake stand ?
5) do you think cake stands could be more imaginative?
6) do you reuse your cake stands ?

Hi @holllyparkes, welcome to the site. 😊

I've had a look through your questions and hopefully given you an insight into my take on cake stands. Here goes...

1) do you think cake stands could be more sustainable/ environmentally friendly?
Yes, some cake stands are made from non-recyclable materials such as porcelain; however, these can be used multiple times and on many occasions, so even though they aren't recyclable as such, they will last you a long time if looked after properly so less wastage. There are other options available if you want them, such as acrylic, wood, metal etc.

2) do you think cake stands are affordable?
Cake stands are quite affordable in fairness, depending on how much you're looking to spend and what event you are using them for. If you want one for a wedding, then these can be quite expensive, but if you're just looking to showcase your home bakes, you can pick one up quite cheaply. Wedding ones, although expensive, will most probably be re-used by the 'cake maker' for multiple events.

3) what colours suit a cake stand best ?
As for colour again, this goes back to the theme and colours on the cake. A good cake stand will draw attention to your cake as that's the star of the show. Gold and silver ones can give an element of opulence, while clear stands with hanging crystals can give a wow factor due to the added decorations.

4) what is the best shape for a cake stand ?
A good shape of a cake stand will depend on the type of cake you are making. The most common is circular, square or rectangular. You want one that you will get the most use out of. So, probably a circle or square.

5) do you think cake stands could be more imaginative?
Cake stands could be anything you want them to be. The only problem with having a unique multicoloured design, for instance, is whether you are going to be able to use it for multiple events that cater for different colours on a cake. You couldn't have a fabulous galaxy-printed cake stand displaying a princess party cake. Cake stands could be unique, but as you want them to be environmentally friendly, you want them to be multi-purpose. Pretty plates can be used as a stand, as can a slab of wood for a rustic theme, but you have to work out how many times you could actually use these or whether they will give you the height and wow factor you're looking for.

6) do you reuse your cake stands ?
Yes, I use an acrylic cake stand to house some of my home bakes and then my turntable and a black stand, but if I make a cake for someone, I only sit them on a cake board and do not display it on a stand as such. Depending on the type of cake stand you have; you need to ensure that hygiene and cleaning are paramount, as although a cake will sit on the stand, it needs to be free from bacteria, dust, etc.

I hope this answers your questions, but if you need anything else, then please let me know. I have added a few links to my site so you can see some of the cake stands I'm on about.

For my Bob the Builder cake, I actually used my cake turntable to sit the cake on.

For my ladybird cake, I used my black cake stand made from metal.

For my Reindeer Cake, I used a wooden board.

This was my daughter's cake that I recently made, but because of the weight of the three tiers, I didn't place the cake on a stand and just left it on the cake board.

These are the Omada Tray & Cake Stand I have

Omada Dome (1).jpg

Good luck with the cake stand and the GCSEs and if you get a sec, we'd love to know how you got on.

Best wishes

Angie 👨‍🍳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back