What's new

Kids Corner (1 Viewer)

This is especially for our next generation of budding bakers! :D Kids love to bake and it's very educational for them too, they learn how to interact with others, develop social skills and learn how to count the fun way!

Post your Children's wonderful creations in this section!

Emma:
Emma's.JPG

Hannah:
Hannah's.JPG

These beautiful designs were made by niece Emma and my daughter Hannah on our baking and decorating afternoon. Emma placed an 'X' on the first cupcake (on the pic on the left) to represent the X Factor and Han decided to put ears on her second cupcake (on the right pic) to represent Mickey Mouse.
Kids have such imagination, creativity and love to express themselves, all in all, a great afternoon. :)

Last edited:
Caitlin:
Caitlin's Cupcake.JPG

This is Caitlin's Captivating Cupcake design, she has made a batch for all her school friends and we were lucky enough to receive one. Well done Caitlin you have done a fabulous job! :)

Last edited:
Hannah and I have had an after school cupcake session today, here are her lovely creations:

Hannah:
IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

The middle one on the left is a replica of The Princess Holly cake I made not long ago.

Last edited:
Hannah's has been doing a mini-lesson today and this is what she has made.

Hannah:
Han 1.jpg

Han 2.jpg

I've very proud of her :)

Last edited:
Look at the concentration on that face, she did really well and they look scrumptious. :D

I know bless her, she's even wrote Hannah's cupcakes on the box and wants me to take them to my workshop tonight. :D

Yesterday I promised Hannah that she could bake her own cake and decorate it of her own choosing, the 'Birthday Cake' was for one of her dolls who had just turned four. Here is her beautiful Sunny Rainbow Cake:-

Rainbow 1.jpg

Rainbow 2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! that looks lovely, well done Hannah, she even has the apron showing the coloured spots to match. :)

I'm always available for taste testing for educational purposes (or educated porpoises)

Great cake Hannah! Happy Birthday Dolly :wink:

A Guy

I know aren't they fabulous Bill, I will be sure to advise the ladies of your tasting services, Hannah will also be thrilled.

Teaching this week was very busy, Linda had returned from Canada, and we only had a half a class due to the half-term holiday additional week. Therefore it was only a lesson about making the Tortes. So in fairness to the ladies, I have saved the Bluebirds demonstration for the decoration week that way I can ensure that all the ladies get to see it. I'm going to miss the class this week but look forward to my future week with them.

In the meantime, I'm busy making final preparations for the Animal Modelling Cupcake workshop on Monday Woohoo!

Last edited:
Today Hannah has made some lovely lemon cupcakes, infused with colourful neon sugar and then decorated using writing icing and fondant. We have had a fun baking afternoon!

If you look carefully you will notice that there are teeth marks just under the chin of the teddy bear Hannah made....this is because she was just about to eat her before I managed to take the picture needless to say after I took the shot, Hannah, then devoured it! :wink:

Han Pic 1.jpg

Han Pic 2.jpg

Han Pic 3.jpg

Han Pic 4.jpg

Han Pic 5.jpg

Han Pic 6.jpg

Hannah did a fantastic job with her cupcakes and especially her first attempt at copying my bear.

Brown Bear 1.jpg

Last edited:
I have had my budding assistant with me this week helping out. :D Hannah has had her creative head-on, so she's been drawing lots of cake designs which I have promised I will post on my site for her. She also wanted to do some cake stuff, so I let her loose with a piping bag, offcuts of chocolate cake and sprinkles.

Han1.jpg

Han2.jpg

Han3.jpg

Han4.jpg

Final Creation and then the best bit.....tasting!

Han5.jpg

Han6.jpg

She also helped me decorate these birthday cupcakes too.

Bday Cupcakes1.jpg

Last edited:
So after the chocolate cake creations,
she made some baby shower models whilst I was doing mine, I love her designs, especially the baby with the sunshine dress.

Hannah1.jpg

Hannah2.jpg

Hannah3.jpg

Last edited:
She is certainly turning into a very talented young lady Angie and we all know where she gets it from.:wink:

Seeing as it was a bit miserable yesterday Hannah and I decided we would make some spooky gingerbread and decorate them. We had a wonderful time, and Han created some lovely colourful biscuits.

1. Han Gingerbread (4).jpg

3. Han Gingerbread.jpg

This is Hannah's gingerbread Dinosaur.

2. Han Gingerbread.jpg

3. Han Gingerbread (3).JPG

4. Han Gingerbread.jpg

5. Han Gingerbread.jpg

The artist at work!

Gingerbreads (1).JPG

Gingerbreads (2).JPG

Gingerbreads (3).JPG

She did a fabulous job, and the one next to the cat is Frankenstein, the best bit, of course, has to be the tasting!
Gingerbreads (4).JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back