What's new

Kids Corner - Birthday Cake Surprise! (1 Viewer)

Here is Han's design for John's cake and then the actual cake itself. She wanted to do an office themed cake with lots of numbers, a computer and obviously her Dad on it. Her favourite part was making the trainers and computer. After all the fun she had helping me do it, she's now looking at more designs and more cake!

han classroom 12.JPG

Last edited:
Han and I were making cupcake toppers over the weekend, I made my Zoo Animal Cupcakes ones for my upcoming workshop and Han decided to go with a Summer theme, Mickey Mouse and a representation of her and me using icing. Can you guess which ones are which!

han classroom 13.JPGhan classroom 14.JPG

This sunbathing jellies one is my favourite along with my own face design.

han classroom 15.JPG

Beach theme, houses surrounded by grass, Mickey Mouse and icing replicas of us!

We have been making icing figures today so Han decided to make herself and then me and John. I absolutely love her miniature version of herself it's soooooooo cute.

:thumbs:

han classroom 16.JPG

I need my glasses to see them but your icing models look lovely Hannah you have been a busy girl.:)

Here are Hans fabulous cake pops, she had great fun making these today with me and came up with her own designs. She actually drew some designs out on paper but then decided to let loose and make her very own cake pop people. She had great fun making a mess and is very happy with the final results!

:thumbs:

Hanscakepops1 (Small).jpg

So at the weekend Hannah and I had a play around doing the Halloween Cupcakes for my upcoming workshop. We had a fab time and she was extremely helpful, taking photo's for me, helping me out and giving me lots of creative ideas. :D She has a great eye for detail and we had lots of fun creating the cupcakes.

These are Hannah's own creations.

Hannah Halloween 1 (Small).jpg Hannah Halloween 2 (Small).jpg
Here she is mastering the art of the claw fingers.

Hannah Halloween 3 (Small).jpg Hannah Halloween 4 (Small).jpg
This is where she is preparing the cupcake and the other one is her using a cupcake dummy.

Hannah Halloween 5 (Small).jpg Hannah Halloween 6 (Small).jpg
More concentration however, she is sad the ghost is sad hence the face! Lol!

Hannah Halloween 7 (Small).jpg Hannah Halloween 8 (Small).jpg
She is so like her Dad here and has no room to move on her mat! Now that we have made some space more Halloween cupcakes can be made.

Hannah Halloween Cupcakes (Small).jpg Hannah Halloween Zombie (Small).jpg
Spook creations so far! In the first picture we have a ghost, claw fingers, a scythe and a werewolf, I absolutely LOVE the werewolf he's my favourite, then Han has moved on to create a Zombie!

Hannah Eye Halloween (Small).jpg Hannah Final Full cupcakes (Small).jpg
This is her edible eyeball and here are the final six that made the box! :wink:

That looks like a lot of fun, I love her creations Angie she is one talented young lady.

Well done Han, you've done a good job. :D

Hannah has been doing her bit for Red Nose day and made me this lovely face biscuit with a cherry red nose.

IMG_20150313_211716.jpg

...It was delicious. :D

Last edited:
I do like the smiley , very appropriate for here. I like her creations and look forward to seeing what she does, she has a good teacher though. :D

Han has been getting a little creative recently, she has been wanting to make some models for a while now so I set her up on the kitchen table with a lot of different coloured icing and this is what she came up with. She took inspiration from a clay book that she had been bought as a gift.

hannah icing models (3)-001.jpg

What to make first...

hannah icing models (5)-001.jpg

These were the icing sections she did for her cinnamon roll, after three attempts she finally got it looking how she wanted too, first it was too thick then it broke and then finally she got it to the right shape. She's such a perfectionist. :nerd:

Hannah icing models (8)-001.jpg

Ooh the creativity is now flowing, she was such a happy soul playing with all her colours.

Hannnah icing models (1)-001.jpg

These are her lizard, although I think it's a gekko, the next one is a whirly cupcake, then her orange, pig and peas in a pod. I'm not sure why they all have faces but I think they are characters of sorts.

Hannnah icing models (6)-001.jpg

This is her strawberry and mac and cheese, I love the macaroni.

Hannnah icing models (19)-001.jpg

The last two are lollipops and her cinnamon roll, she made all of the above herself with no help from me really. She had such a lovely time making them and was in her element with her final results.

I may need to get tips on some of these as I haven't made a few of them.

Well done Han, she is so creative and is a real credit to you Angie. You must be very proud of her. :D

She's great Joan, she says she needs to practice more to be as good as me, I think she is doing a fabulous job and is quite creative in her own right.

I like the fact that she loves to try new things and is very experimental, she tells me off if I interfere. Lol! :wink:

I promised Han I would post her most recent creations so here they are.

She made these biscuits with Guides last week, I think the one on the left resembles a striking match and the one on the right represents the bonfire.

bonfire biscuits (3)-001.jpg

She recently purchased the Gummy Bear Sweet Maker out of her pocket money and had a go at making some Gummy Bears at the weekend with her Grandma, although the jelly, and gelatin didn't end up setting properly they did manage to make a chocolate bear with the plastic mould in the set. Here is a picture of Han's chocolate version and also a picture of what you can apparently make with it.

choc ted (2)-001.jpg Gummy Bear Sweet Maker.JPG

Bless her and so that I wan't left out she bought me some cookie cutters so that we can make some Christmas Biscuits. :D

IMG_20151111_111836-001.jpg

Brilliant, clever girl, I agree with your description of the guide cookies, they look yummy. I love the look of her bear and there's no excuse about making Christmas biscuits although I don't suppose there would have been anyway.:)

Han and I spent some time together at the weekend creating Owl's for Valentine's day. So armed with some icing, cutters and a rolling pin she came up with the following creations.

Her first design was of a romantic place so where better than Paris! She used one of my cutters for the Eiffel Tower and then scored marks into it to make it more realistic, she then decided on her pink background and then went one step further and created the 'Love' heart. She wrote the word love on the heart using edible pen, really clever for her first time!. Once she had created her romantic city she then decided she wanted to make a lady owl to accompany my male owl.

Eiffel Tower Paris (1)-001.JPG

Han didn't use any pictures of Owl's or any reference points she just got her icing and got on with it. I love the fact that she has made the owl very feminine and added romantic touches such as the flowers.

Owl Valentine (54)-001.jpg

Owl Valentine (66)-001.jpg

I absolutely adore her and she makes a lovely partner to Olly the Owl.

Owl be your Valentine.JPG

Her are Odelia and Olly meeting up together for their first date! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back