What's new

Kids Corner - Baking Experiment (1 Viewer)

At the weekend Hannah and I did some baking experiments :D this week we decided to add crushed sweets and chocolate beans to our baking ingredients to see how they would turn out.

Hannah prepared the cupcake mix using butter, sugar, eggs and flour, and then we started to blend Fruity Polos in the mini mixer.
1..jpg

2..jpg

3..jpg

The polos did stick together very quickly and had to be scraped out of the mixer before being placed on a plate.

We then crushed the chocolate beans in the mixer; however, we only managed to scrape some of the shell off, and they didn't split how I thought they would.

4..jpg

5..jpg

Once the sweets were pre-blended, Hannah split the cupcake mix into the cupcake cases, and then we sprinkled the crushed polos and chocolate beans into the cake batter before placing in the oven for baking.

6..jpg

7..jpg

Once baked, we removed them from the oven and placed on a wire rack to cool.

Here are the results! :D

We found that the polos bound together, sank to the bottom and turned into a polo jam and the chocolate beans distributed through the batter and added bits of chocolate and colour to the cake.

9..jpg

10..jpg

11..jpg

Experiment over, we have learned something and still have cake to eat at the end of it!

Last edited:
Interesting experiment, Hannah looks as if she was having fun and looking at the end photo she takes the prize. :D

We didn't finish there, I have to post the icing we did after that. :D She loves baking Joan, it's all she talks about, that and when we'll have Angie & Hannah's Cake and Bake Studio. No pressure hey! :wink:

Feathered Icing.jpg

This was the glace icing we did afterwards with a feathered effect to cover the tops with.

Last edited:
This is what we call a Hannah Sundae, it has Strawberry Jelly (or Jello for our American friends), bananas, whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, needless to save she loved every bit of it!

Han Sundae.JPG

Last edited:
Today Hannah has been to a party at her friend's house where they decorated cakes and biscuits, here are her adorable creations! :D

Hannah 1.jpg

Hannah 2.jpg

Last edited:
They look delicious, well done to Hannah she's definitely taking after her Mum. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back