What's new

First Attempt at a homemade Nothing Bundt Cakes - White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake (dupe)

This was my first try at baking a bundt cake inspired by the Nothing Bundt White Chocolate Raspberry Cake.

Starting with a boxed white cake mix makes the recipe simpler, and the addition of sour cream and pudding mix creates a delicious, moist texture. I accidentally overbaked the cake and I cut the hole for the frosting too large, but I have learned valuable lessons for the next one! I would also love to add fresh raspberries as a garnish. Let me know if you try baking your own!

Link to Recipe


IMG_5210.jpeg

IMG_5209.jpeg

IMG_5212.jpeg
 
Hi @anita.gugulski, thanks for sharing your latest creation, I do love a good bundt cake. 🙂

It's great to hear how much you've learned, so when you make it again you can put into practice all that you have discovered first time around. You may have cut the ziplock bag a little too big this time but you've learned from it and that's exactly what baking's all about. Next time you'll cut the end smaller or you could use an 1A piping nozzle to give you thinner frosting lines if you wanted to.

I do agree that the raspberries would be a lovely garnish and give the cake a nice pop of colour, but all in all, for your first attempt I think you've done a great job. Plus as long as it's edible even better.

Well done and thanks for the pics.
 
Hi @anita.gugulski you're most welcome. :smile: I'm so glad you had another attempt at it. You've baked the cake to such a gorgeous golden colour with those lovely added swirls. The frosting also looks so much better, thinner and more refined with that pop of colour from the raspberries.

What a lovely idea to make it for your roommate. I hope you both had a wonderful celebration, made even better because there was home-made cake involved. 🩷 I'm a great believer that every birthday should always have cake in it. 🍰

Enjoy, and well done. 👩‍🍳
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top