What's new

Cookie Nut Bliss Slab - Homemade Chocolate Bar Tutorial (1 Viewer)

Cookie Nut Bliss tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
Cookies who doesn't love a cookie? Add that together with a bar of chocolate, and you're in Cookie Monster heaven!

The fun thing about Homemade chocolate bars is that you get to decide every single flavour that goes into them. Then you can either give them to that someone special or indulge in your hard-earned efforts yourself...decisions decisions!

How do I make a Homemade chocolate Bar?

To make the Cookie Nut Bliss Homemade Chocolate Bar, you will need the following:

Ingredients
  • 100 Grams Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa
Cookie Nut Bliss Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (2) (Medium).jpg
  • Mini Bag Cookies
Cookie Nut Bliss tutorial by Help Me Bake (1).jpg
  • Hazelnuts
Cookie Nut Bliss tutorial by Help Me Bake (2).jpg

Equipment
  • Chocolate Bar Mould
  • Baking Tray
  • Food Bag or Microwaveable Bowl for melting the Chocolate
  • Sharp Knife and Plate
  • Cellophane Bag - 5 x 7 inches
  • Pull Bows
Chocolate Bar Mould Spec
  • Full Mould Size is 21cm x 10.5cm
  • Chocolate Bar Size is 6 Blocks long x 4 Blocks wide.
  • The actual Choc bar size is 16 cm x 8cm
Cookie Nut Bliss Choc Bar Tutorial by Help Me Bake(Medium) - Copy.jpg

Method

Melt the chocolate in a bag/bowl in the microwave in 30-second bursts until melted. I did mine for around 1 minute 30 seconds.
  • If melting in a bag, remember to check the chocolate and rub the outside of the bag through your fingers to remove any hotspots or lumps.
  • If using a bowl, stir the chocolate to remove the lumps.
Cookie Nut Bliss Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (4) (Medium).jpg

2. Cut some Mini Cookies into different sized chunks and place some hazelnuts on the plate, so all your ingredients are in one place.

Cookie Nut Bliss Tutorial by Help Me Bake.jpg

3. Place the mould on the baking tray. (This gives it support when you have filled it with chocolate and you're on your way to the fridge). If you want some nuts on the base side of the bar, sprinkle a few hazelnuts in the mould before you pour the chocolate.

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake (2).jpg

4. Take the melted chocolate, snip the bag's edge, and then pour half the chocolate over the base pieces. Shake the mould from side to side so it starts to fill the crevices. Then add your Mini cookie pieces on the top. Continue to add the cookies and chocolate in stages, being careful not to overfill the mould. This will ensure you get a clean, crisp edge.

20210309_134425(0) - Copy (Medium).jpg

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake (3).jpg

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (1).jpg

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (2).jpg

5. Place the mould and baking tray in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes to allow it to set. Once fully set, remove from the fridge and carefully peel away the edges of the mould. If you stretch it out slightly, it should release the edges easily.

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (3).jpg

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (4).jpg

6. Wear protective gloves and then peel the mould away from the chocolate bar. Remove the bar fully from the mould.

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (5).jpg

7. This is what the base side of the bar looks like.

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (6).jpg

8. Now it's set, place it on a board and get a cellophane bag to cover it.

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (7).jpg

9. The cellophane bag is self-sealing, and the 'pull bow' ties everything together. Please ensure your hands are cold when you place the bar in the bag to ensure the edges do not melt in your hands.

Cookie Nut Bliss homemade choc bar by help me bake tutorial (8).jpg

10. You can add the pull bow and tie it at the back. You could also add stickers or notes to the packaging too if you prefer.

And there you have it, a lovely handmade chocolate bar. These are great gifts, easy sweet treats or something to have in for a special occasion. There are limitless flavours, and everyone is sure to enjoy them!

What other chocolate bar flavours are there?
  • Whatever your imagination can come up with! Here are tutorials for the other chocolate bars I made.

Where do I buy the chocolate moulds and cellophane bags from?
  • If you would like to buy the moulds or bags that I used, see below. (Please note that the 'pull bows' were part of the Valentines Day Sweet Cone Bags decorations, hence not listed below.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back