What's new

Chocolate Cake Week - Salford College- Student Cakes (1 Viewer)

Apologies for the delay in the write up on our Chocolate cake evening but with half term and a million tasks to do I've been slightly waylaid, however, we're back to business and raring to go. :D
Cheryl5.jpg

Well, our chocolate evening was a great night, and the ladies were amazing! Even though the ladies are given the same brief, they all have their own ideas and interpretations of it and no matter how similar people are you will always find that generally everybody will do their cake differently and well they didn't disappoint.

So armed with ganache, every variation of chocolate you can think and a mass of ideas they produced a wonderful twist on my Chocolate Heaven Cake:-

The thing about teaching is that even I get to learn stuff and last weeks lesson was no different, Louise came up with an extremely helpful tip with regards to tying the bow around the cakes. She advised that instead of tying the bow once, wrap it around again effectively tying it twice which holds the ribbon together tightly so that you can perfect your bow without the ribbon slacking. Not only did she advise us, but she also helped show the ladies in the lesson for which I would like to thank her for. Great tip and great help!

As always I did a demo of how the cake is put together and showed the ladies the different stages of how to create the cake using different variations of chocolate. Partway through the lesson, I did a demo on partial board covering and the techniques of how to ensure a smooth finish, and at the end of the lesson, we even had time for a quick modelling demo. I made snakes, pigs and sheep and would like to thank Cheryl for the different coloured icing she provided. :wink:

Another great night as always and I'm looking forward to this weeks lesson as the lovely Linda is back from Canada! Can't wait to hear about the amazing adventures she's been having with the bears!

As promised albeit a little late here are mine and the ladies Chocolate creations!

Angie:

Choc Circle - Copy.jpg

Here is the demo cake that I made, even though I ran out of chocolates I managed to fill the spaces with spare Maltesers.

Jill:

Jill5.jpg

This is Jill's gorgeous Malteser, and Marshmallow Chocolate cake, hidden beneath them is a gorgeous ganache waiting to be indulged! Hmmm.

Cheryl:

Cheryl5.jpg

This is Cheryl's fabulous Pigs in a Mud bath; she is extremely creative and had pre-made her pigs before coming to the lesson. An absolute magnificent effort.

Michelle:

Michelle5.jpg

This is Michelle's Chocolate Vice Versa cake which I absolutely love; it's such a simple design but very effective. I could just do with a slice of that now with a cup of tea!

Louise:

Louise5.jpg

This is Louise's fabulous chocolate cake. I love her use of colours, tones and the swirling effect that makes you want to dive in the centre and eat it!

Sue D:

Sue D5.jpg

This is Sues gorgeous re-creation of Chocolate Heaven using two different coloured cigarilloes around the outer edge, giving it a wonderful contrast.

Sue P:

Sue P5.jpg

This is Sue's Chocolate Flower heaven. I love Sue's splashes of colour that always enhance her cakes in a really effective way.

Cath:

Cath5.jpg

This is Cath's fabulous Chocolate cake, the colours from this one remind me of Coffee and Cappuccino's with a warming heart sat in the middle of it.

Gorgeous creations and another great evening! Well done ladies, I'm extremely proud of you and all your efforts!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back