What's new

The Great British Bake Off 2014 (1 Viewer)

gbbo 2014.jpg

Yes, it is back again The Great British Bake Off or #GBBO as we like to call it starts again on Wednesday 6th August 2014 at 8 pm on BBC1.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it, at the moment I'm watching Master Chef Ireland, that started after the Canada one. I think my favourite is still the Australian one, I like the judges on that one.

I do watch from time to time My kitchen rules but the Australian one, it's sometimes on at my mums so me and Han like to watch it. If I spot it at home then we grab an episode now and again.

I love GBBO but I also like some of the American ones too, especially The Ultimate Cake Off. They make some masterpieces on that one!

Not long to wait now, think I heard that Paul said it was a really good one. I'm wondering if Watch are gearing up for the Australian Masterchef because the Irish one that's on at the moment is from 2012.

Oh good, should be fun! I don't think I have ever watched Masterchef.

Yes thank you it was great, me an Han watched it together, loved the swiss roll designs and Nancy's Jaffa cakes were fab! :D I was a bit sad to see Clare go, she was a lovely, happy go lucky girl and it was just a shame about those 36 miniatures. Unfortunately someone has to go though! :(

Yes it was quite good and the one who'd been voted off did her cakes perfectly this time and they made her a cake with a figure of herself on it.
Some of the audience had brought in cakes as well.
:wink:

Claire was the girl who left week one, it was a shame her cakes didn't work out but glad she managed to do them on the slice. I'll have a look at that actually, I'll probably be able to get it on demand.

Well last night's episode was good, but they all looked like they were melting in that kitchen! Poor Iain though, it was more of a Baked Disaster than a Baked Alaska! I was looking forward to seeing how that black sesame seed ice cream tasted too, Kate's was my favourite though and I'm sure they said she would have been star baker when they were discussing it but instead they gave it to Richard. :dizzy:

I saw all the backlash in the paper that poor lady quit after Alaskagate, they said that ice cream was only out for 45 seconds to, it must have been very hot in the tent then! :hot:

Yes that baked Alaska looked really nice and they said it tasted good. Apparently, Diana, I think that was her name, quit because she'd had a fall which caused her to lose all sense of taste and smell.

I thought it might, Paul Hollywood was really geared up to taste that one. I wonder what baking bonaza's will be in store for us this evening! :p

I must watch this extra slice but I record two programmes on a Friday so I can't watch it! I've still got to catch up on GBBO too! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back