What's new

The Cake and Bake Show 2013/14 (1 Viewer)

1603113627397.png

Cake and Bake.JPG

The Cake and Bake Show is fast approaching, and I'm looking forward to spending time with my cake buddy Jules and learning some wonderful techniques from some of the best names in the baking world.

I'm a bit sad that Mary Berry cannot make it, but there is always next time! :D

Last edited:
I went yesterday Jean, there were lots to see and do there. I've been sorting through all the leaflets and pictures today.:)

Here is one of the many pics I took.....lots more to follow!

How cool is this and it's all edible! :cool:

20130405_113430.jpg

Last edited:
Here are further details from the event:-

There were lots of contestants from the Great British Bake Off doing demonstrations, here Miranda Gore Browne is doing a cookie demonstration and I also managed a sneak peek at Paul Hollywood in the Cake Kitchen. :)

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (46).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (50).jpg

This is Mich Turner MBE from Little Venice Cake Company who did a lovely demonstration on cake decoration using buttercream and raspberry puree. Mich is a cake maker to the rich and famous has made cakes for people such as David Beckham, Pierce Brosnan and even Her Majesty The Queen. :)

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (51).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (52).jpg

This is Ann Pickard who did a marvellous lesson on modelling; she is a published author and has over 30 years experience in the industry. :scream:

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (53).jpg

These are some of the pieces that were showcased on the Cake Catwalk:

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (42).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (39).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (48).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (36).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (38).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (49).jpg

These are some of the cakes on the stalls around the arena; I must say there was quite a diverse range of stalls and something for everybody. It took us over an hour just to get down aisle one as there were lots of demonstrations going on.

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (3).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (13).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (5).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (16).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (23).jpg

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (21).jpg

This was Chef Dominic Palazzolo from MYOM (Make your own Moulds) who was giving us a sneak preview of his new lattice mould product and the techniques on how to use it. You can see part of the effect on the dummy cake. I loved the effect, and how easy it was to create, Dominic said that this was a relatively new product he had created and would be available from The Cake Decorating Company soon. He was fascinating, and we stood watching him for over 10 minutes. :D

The Cake and Bake Show Pics (24).jpg

Last edited:
No unfortunately, we did get a few freebies though and learned a lot so all in all a great day! :plead:

The Cake and Bake Show 2014

You will be pleased to know that the show will be returning to Manchester Central from Friday 4th April 2014 until Sunday 6th April 2014.

Who knows maybe next year I will get to see Mary Berry! :D

Cake Bake.JPG Cake Bake 2.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back