What's new

Piñata Cake (1 Viewer)

Here is the Piñata Cake I mentioned.

This was an experiment to see how much of the sweets in the centre actually drop out of the cake when I sliced it.

Stage 1:
Pinata 1 (Small).jpg

This is the Piñata Cake that has been filled in the centre with chocolate beans as they are small enough to drop out easy when the cake is sliced, plus you get more in the centre of the cake due to the size of them.

Stage 2:
Pinata 2 (Medium).jpg

This is what people expect to happen when you slice into the cake, which looks great; however, that is not what happened at all; this is what actually happened......

Stage 3:
Pinata 3 (Small).jpg

I think in order to get the Stage 2 sweetie slide effect you need to bore out a lot more cake in the middle which then runs the risk of collapse as you are essentially removing the inside of the cake to get a 30-second effect.

If you are wondering how I got the Stage 2 slide effect it was easy; once I cut the cake I simply added more chocolate beans to the plate! Simples! :D

I will do a tutorial on this once I am happy with the cake to sweets ratio.

Last edited:
What if the hole was lower down the cake rather than at the top, or isn't that possible?

Mind you I think it looks gorgeous and think the effect you got still looked good. :)

Yes I agree Joan, I think I need to bore into more layers to get the full effect, I only did the middle section, as you weaken the structure if you start messing with the top as it is likely to collapse, I'm thinking if I try it again I will cut away part of the bottom layer as well as the middle, however, to me it seems like a lot of wasted cake for not that great of effect.

However; I'm not a kid, and their take would probably be cake, colour and sweeties go hand in hand really so what do I know! Lol! :wink: I'll ask Han what she thinks. :D

I've just spoken with Hannah and she thinks Stage 2 of the Piñata Cake is cool, after showing her how it actually came out she has said that she would prefer more sweeties and cake as opposed to more cake and less sweeties. :D

Therefore I will have another go at making one of these, I did think of using sprinkles in the centre as they are smaller and you could get more of a slide effect but Han says that she would prefer the chocolate beans instead. I'm also under instructions to stick with the same colour scheme too. :eyeroll:

I'm quite happy with the results of the experiment but will do another one to compare. I'm not sure I will stick with the colour scheme though, this cake is more about the interior rather than the exterior. :wink:

I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back