What's new

Football Cake 80 (2 Viewers)

This football cake was a quick and easy design, perfect for celebrating my father-in-law's 80th birthday. Knowing his passion for football and the time constraints, I opted for a convenient solution – a football topper kit purchased from Amazon.

Football Cake 80-001.jpg

To make the pitch, I dusted the surface with sugarflair dusts fusion green and moss, then used my PME hexagonal cutters for the border shapes. Ideally, I should have extended the hexagons to the edge of the board, as this would have enhanced the football-themed aesthetic I was going for. However, I added a few extra players and the number 80 instead.

To bring the game to life, I strategically positioned one of the gold circular ball decorations around the net, making it appear as though the goalie was making a save. While some may find the top of the cake a tad busy, including my daughter, the football match required multiple players to aim for the goal. In homage to my father-in-law's allegiance to Manchester United, the 'Reds' were depicted scoring the goal.

I then added The 'Happy Birthday' sign to give some height to the cake and draw your attention to the match on top.

Despite being very simple, the cake was warmly received and thoroughly enjoyed.

The cake consisted of a 6-inch Madeira base, generously layered with jam and covered in M&S white icing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back