What's new

Krispie Marshmallow Supposed Nests

Krispie Nest Eggs 1 - Angie welded together with melted marshmallows, rice krispies, the pan, the cupcake cases, and the teaspoons. 0 - Note to self don't make these again. :lmao:

Rice Krispie Nests (1).JPG

See, even for someone like me who can make an array of wonderful, creative, cake baking treats has the occasional misstep with ingredients and in all honesty, I had great intentions with these.

I had planned to tint some desiccated coconut with my new Green Colour Mill Dye for a little grass effect and make the mini eggs pop. However... what actually happened is the longer I took to ice-cream scoop the mixture out of the pan, the more it started to set. And the more I tried to shape it and add more mixture to the cases, the more the stickiness took over. Had I not used one of my favourite pans I'd have binned that aswell, because it took me the best part of 20 minutes to try and remove the mixture from a non stick pan.

What I should have done was line a square tin and then cut them into squares afterwards. That way I wouldnt have had to try and shape them, which I couldnt.

All in all, they're mashmallow krispie cakes with a few mini eggs shoved in for good measure.

Ta dah! Not a nest shape in sight! 😄

Rice Krispie Nests (2).JPG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top