What's new

Marshmallow frosting (2 Viewers)

MamaOfBoys

How well does marshmallow frosting hold up to being outside of the fridge and how does it do especially after adding food coloring to it? I need to make my boys cakes but no room to put in fridge so needs to be out for several hours without falling or melting off. Plus I'm worried the coloring would thin it out and make it less stiff. Please help. :)

Hi

Marshmallow frosting once it starts being exposed to air will start to form a crust, if you are reluctant to add food colouring because it may alter the consistency then try doing a sample test with the frosting first that way you will decide whether it ruins your batch or whether you are happy with the results. I tend to use concentrated dyes when baking which can be bought off the internet or from a cake store this is because supermarket based dyes have a liquid based consistency and do not give you the same results.

If you are unhappy dyeing the frosting then maybe you could add some form of sprinkles or decorations to it whilst it is still warm which would also help to brighten up your cake.

Another thing you could do is bake the cake cool it and wrap it and then make the frosting and store it in a container in the fridge if you can squeeze it in. But the only problem with this is you will have to re whip it and some volume may be lost due to it being in the fridge.

There is something called the 7 minute frosting which if you wish to make it on the day may help you with your refrigeration issue.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back