What's new

Icing Gun, Sugarcraft Gun, Equipment Help (2 Viewers)

Varsani17

Hi,

Am looking to buy a Icing Gun for a friend for her Birthday, she really enjoys baking and is thinking of starting her own baking business. I want to know is it worth buying a Icing Gun and which one would you recommend.? I don't know anyone that uses icing gun.

Thank you

Hi Pooja

You can buy the black and gold pens if you like and then silver lustre or you can buy black, gold and silver lustre if you prefer it's your choice. That way she gets two uses from them.

I'm so glad you have found the forum helpful; we aim to please. 😊

A professional or experienced baker, I'm not sure what term I would use to describe myself, to be honest.

As for me, I'm not sure whether you'd class me as a professional baker or not. I bake and make cakes for family and friends and have been making cakes for my daughter for the past ten/eleven years. (That's why I started baking).

I've done a few courses, self-taught myself a lot over the years and then got a teaching qualification. I then taught cake baking and decorating classes at local colleges, ran my own workshops/classes and wrote a book. I built the site for people like yourself who need some advice or help and just try and help out people the best I can. 😊

ooooo wow you have got loads of experiences and it has helped me a lot :) I can't bake to save my life lool. i have made short bread that i am proud of.

i might look into getting gold and sliver dust. those two colours are mainly what bakers or people who bake use. any recommendation where to buy it from.? i was gonna look on amazon to be fair.

You could buy something like this...these are bigger pots of lustre.

SK Designer Metallic Lustre Dust Light - Rose Gold 5.5g

Or something like this.

gold lustre.JPG

silver lustre.JPG

ooooo wow you have got loads of experiences and it has helped me a lot :) I can't bake to save my life lool. i have made short bread that i am proud of.

i might look into getting gold and sliver dust. those two colours are mainly what bakers or people who bake use. any recommendation where to buy it from.? i was gonna look on amazon to be fair.

Thank you. 😊

Aww, bless you, listen, you've made shortbread that you're proud of, so well done you. 👩‍🍳

Bakers use many colours depending on what they are using them for; gold and silver come in handy, as does pink.

Yes, you can buy the lustre dust off Amazon, and they have a huge selection.

I've only just spotted that too, so to be fair, that's why you may have missed it. (I was too concerned with normal gold). 🤣

I have seen this on amazon, though...

Last edited:
I am proper of my shortbread i made :)

i think i came across the amazon dust link you sent me. i might get the pack of 5 as it's got the colours i want to get my friend. and i will get the black and gold pen. and i will get the glitter from cake shop i might get that in colour like a red, blue

Yeah, the pack of five has many of the colours you wanted, including the Rose Gold we found, and they're the bigger pots. If you get her those, you may want to get her some paintbrushes to go with it. So she can apply them to her cakes/cupcakes or paint with them.

Amazon - Wilton Brushes

So you're going for the pens also, yeah, okay. As for the glitter, look through the range and see what colours they have. Try and think about what kind of cakes/cupcakes she will make in the future and what people she will make them for. Red is fabulous for Christmas, Valentine's Day and anything needing a deep/pop of colour as it's lovely and vibrant. I'm trying to think about what you would use blue for, but if she's into dark rich colours, then the red and blue should be great. You want to make sure that what you buy her gets plenty of use.

Aww, bless you. Before you order anything else, write a list of all the things you have bought her and anything else you might like to buy her that way you won't forget anything.

Am now thinking if I got the dust would I need to get the glitter? the dust counts as glitter no?

Yeah, to be honest, you've bought her a variety of stuff, including the 5 pots of lustre (which have a dual purpose) and the pens, so you can leave the glitter.

I wanted to get her baking stuff and I have, and am pretty sure she would have most of the stuff as she recently done a lot of baking for her daughter birthday. I think I may leave the glitter out as the dust and glitter are similar product, its the same product to me.

So to do a list...

I got her...

the sugar gun
black and gold pen
a selection of dust
cup cake cases 300x

Sounds good; the cupcake cases should come in very handy for her. She'll love the gun as she can make lots of things with it, I do think it may be worth you getting the paintbrushes, but it depends on how much room you're going to have left in your hamper. Or whether you think she may already have some.

I think it's a lovely idea what you're doing and I'm sure your friend will be made up with all the effort you have gone to for her, and with all the goodies she is going to receive. 😊

i sent her husband the paintbrush link to find out if she's already got some if not then i will buy it. i will probably have loads of room, i have not got the hamper yet, am gathering all the stuff together first then i know what am working with.

Awww Thank you for your kind words, i know she will love it 😊

Hi Angie,

Hope Your having a good bank holiday,

just thought I share with you that the Dust and cupcake cases have arrived :):) Just waiting for then Pens and the sugar gun to arrive then I will start making the basket. I spoke to my friends husband and he told me that she has brushes so I won't need to buy them. She probably has most of the stuff anyways am just topping it up for her :hearteyes:, She will be making cup cakes for me for my baby shower next week so she can try out her birthday present :hearteyes:.

Pooja x

Hi Pooja

Yes, I'm having a lovely Bank Holiday thank you. 😍 I hope you are too.

Ooh, that's fab news that all your cake goodies are arriving! Then the fun part of putting it in the basket begins. 👩‍🍳

It's great that you've checked with her husband to see what she does and doesn't have, and I'm sure she will get lots of use out of the things you've bought her.

Lol! I love the fact you're eager for her to use all her new goodies on your cupcakes! 😁

Many Congratulations on your Baby news, and I do hope you have a wonderful shower! ❤️

Best wishes

Angie x

Bank Holiday for me is going well the weather good outside. It's a shame we in covid time can't really go anywhere otherwise i would probably be out and about lol.

Thank you for your well wishes ❤️

Yep she sure will be using her goodies on my cup cakes hahahaha. yeah am just waiting on 2 more things and I will start putting it together. I think I got enough baking stuff, I might just add some chocolates in the basket.

Pooja x

I know, currently, it's no fun, but fingers crossed we'll all be out and about soon enough. Well, I definitely hope so for you because you'll want to show off that beautiful baby of yours. ❤️

Lol! That's funny...I imagine you giving her the present and then giving her a list/pictures of all the lovely cupcakes you want her to make you. 🤣

Yeah, great minds think alike. 🤓 I thought about adding chocolates to the basket as well. 😍

I'd love to see a picture of the hamper if you get a chance but make sure you've given it to her first. The last thing we need is the element of surprise going out the window because you posted it on here. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back